British Speedway Forum

19 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

You missed the i in if Gaz, very bad mistake and very hard to spot.:blink::rolleyes::cheers:

Thanks for spotting that , surprised Jan never picked up on that as he stay's in a lot checking these thing's.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I’d have thought the main attractions of riding for Glasgow would be the excellent track, the professional image and being treated properly by good business people. It seems that riders and supporters really enjoy being part of the club and it comes across a million times better than any other UK club on social media. 

I’d certainly say Glasgow is the place to be in the Championship. 

Edited by Endeavour
Not in mood for an argument on a forum
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Excellent track - yes this year without doubt but please don’t try and say that Glasgow are only promotion that treat riders properly. I am sure we would all like to own our tracks but we don’t and are therefore shackled to what can be done in our stadia. Other promotions need to cut their cloth accordingly and I have just as much admiration if not more for the likes of Berwick who get to the tapes every season and have people who assist there for the love of their Club. 

Quote the part where I said that Glasgow are the only ones to do any of the things I stated. 

14 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I’d have thought the main attractions of riding for Glasgow would be the excellent track, the professional image and being treated properly by good business people. It seems that riders and supporters really enjoy being part of the club and it comes across a million times better than any other UK club on social media. 

I’d certainly say Glasgow is the place to be in the Championship. 

Don't say that too loudly in shortbread land Bagpuss! Kind of you to say so though.

Wow wee bit banter and all this nonsense starts (thot emoticon showed that) .  I had heard in Oct (while at the golden helmet) that Ricky was going to Glasgow next season so can see why ppl think he was lowering his avg. I don't believe for a second he lowered his average but some can't accept riders move on. Glas may not offer tons of ££ but I'm sure they offer consistent payments and decent sponsorship opportunities that may not be the case at all clubs.  

• Like 9

To the surprise of absolutely nobody Glasgow announce the signing of Craig Cook.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, screm said:

To the surprise of absolutely nobody Glasgow announce the signing of Craig Cook.

Decent signing:P

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, screm said:

No surprise, obviously found his level. :rolleyes:

• Confused 1

Best news, the captain is back, delighted, gives me a buzz watching him race

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Best news, the captain is back, delighted, gives me a buzz watching him race

Sure does. Would have at Armadale in a minute. Great guy. Feel Cookie has settled for a career in div one and two in UK. If he had any ambition wouldn’t be anywhere near second tier GB Speedway. 

Guy not getting any younger and this career doesn't last forever fair play staying with glasgow where he will no doubt be top rider in the league again, hopefully get a prem team sorted too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

He’s a bit Glasgowy these days. I preferred the 2014 Craig Cook. 

We all did things in our youth with we look back on and cringe 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Paulco said:

We all did things in our youth with we look back on and cringe 

I have had to seek a translator to decipher his post.

Those in the land of spoon burners have a cheek to talk about us ;).

Edited by Gazc