British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Joseq7 said:

Correct, that is her agenda whether you or I like it or not. 

Forgetting the Political angle,will Clubs run without Crowds.Everything is still unclear on that front.Personally I don’t think so.

• Like 2

Being realistic you might get away with one or two streamed meetings but if we go to July/August before any crowds are allowed back in then financially it would be ill advised at best to run under that criteria.

I genuinely hope I am wrong but it seems more unlikely than likely that we shall run this year.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Being realistic you might get away with one or two streamed meetings but if we go to July/August before any crowds are allowed back in then financially it would be ill advised at best to run under that criteria.

I genuinely hope I am wrong but it seems more unlikely than likely that we shall run this year.

The next 6 weeks till the end of April will determine a lot of things.Business is not even being allowed to open till then in Scotland and even that is not a guarantee.Sport is well down the line.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The next 6 weeks till the end of April will determine a lot of things.Business is not even being allowed to open till then in Scotland and even that is not a guarantee.Sport is well down the line.

Last week of April there will be a plethora of restrictions lifted whether supported by data or not. Watch this space.

2 minutes ago, MD said:

Last week of April there will be a plethora of restrictions lifted whether supported by data or not. Watch this space.

Just before the May Elections just as a coincidence I think not.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MD said:

You would like to think so.

After what happened at the weekend in Glasgow there could be a spike in cases at a time when all the sacrifices we have made in Scotland plus vaccinations seemed to be bringing the virus down to manageable levels. And yes it did look as if everything was pointing to a positive announcement just before the Scottish Government elections. With the possible spike in cases who knows what will happen. Just hope that spectator sports including both speedway teams don't end up having to suffer a targeted lockdown as a result of the behaviour of one football teams fans. 

• Like 1

Now that schools are back, cases are bound to go up. Wether this has an impact upon other restrictions being lifted, only time will tell. 

• Like 1

Wasn’t the only mass gathering by football fans recently,, whilst I don’t condone it there was no evidence that there were spikes in infection  in previous gatherings by fans of another Glasgow club.

• Like 2

and now we can have 15 gathering outdoors for sport that’s the teams sorted for practice first step forward lol 

• Like 1

Some good news for Edinburgh and Glasgow who are part of the sports grant from Scottish government.  

• Thanks 1