British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Enough for Justin sedgmen 

Enough for  Max  Clegg  5.05

2 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Ostergaard is on the decline but Jensen at reserve is a no brainer.

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Enough for Justin sedgmen 

Ostergaard doesn’t feel like the usual high calibre relationship of Glasgow signing to me. Debatably neither does Sedgmen. I expected a 2.00 rider and a strong second heat leader.

Finally a strong starting reserve in SJ, something thats not even been an after thought previously with the strong top 3 culture. Ostergaard started this year as a No1 and looks like he'll be fifth in the averages with us so he should do well. Regardless of his age he knows all the tracks and looks like he keeps on top of his fitness. Interesting to see who the final rider will be.

2 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Ostergaard doesn’t feel like the usual high calibre relationship of Glasgow signing to me. Debatably neither does Sedgmen. I expected a 2.00 rider and a strong second heat leader.

I think Ricky Wells will increase his average next season, he was riding with an injury for much of the time, and sometimes a move can reinvigorate a rider. Connor Bailey will improve now that his Dad is over here and he has seen most of the tracks. Sam Jensen at reserve is a huge bonus as he showed flashes of brilliance,  not forgetting Broc Nicol , who has bags of talent. Glasgow will not be slow in making changes if necessary.

10 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Ostergaard is on the decline but Jensen at reserve is a no brainer.

The only thing that lets Ully down is his gear and part time mechanic...

One thing for sure is Glasgow will make sure his gear is top notch.... they do support there riders...

Real crafty signing this I think and Ully will end up flying at Glasgow and I reckon he will put 2 to 3 points on his current average...

Shrewd move by the tigers and IMHO Ully will prove to be a real surprise package 2020 you watch...

He's still a class act on a bike and well done Glasgow on his capture...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, MD said:

Finally a strong starting reserve in SJ, something thats not even been an after thought previously with the strong top 3 culture. Ostergaard started this year as a No1 and looks like he'll be fifth in the averages with us so he should do well. Regardless of his age he knows all the tracks and looks like he keeps on top of his fitness. Interesting to see who the final rider will be.

Ulli will be our 3rd heatleader

• Like 2

It Will also mean we should always have a strong reserve   

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

IMO,the reserves will be Jensen and Bailey .;)

• Like 1

Glasgow management going down a different route for a change. Going with a strong reserve all season long instead of the powerful top 5. 

Gamble but it's a gamble that might work out well. Everything hinges on Ulrich Ostergaard & Justin Sedgmen finally producing their best. 

7 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Glasgow management going down a different route for a change. Going with a strong reserve all season long instead of the powerful top 5. 

Gamble but it's a gamble that might work out well. Everything hinges on Ulrich Ostergaard & Justin Sedgmen finally producing their best. 

Think Ostergaard on good equipment(which I imagine will be part of the deal)is still a  decent signing.Good back up to Cook and Wells.

Feel a bit for Vissing,good season and fans favourite but averages probably the only reason he was ruled out.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The only thing that lets Ully down is his gear and part time mechanic...

One thing for sure is Glasgow will make sure his gear is top notch.... they do support there riders...

Real crafty signing this I think and Ully will end up flying at Glasgow and I reckon he will put 2 to 3 points on his current average...

Shrewd move by the tigers and IMHO Ully will prove to be a real surprise package 2020 you watch...

He's still a class act on a bike and well done Glasgow on his capture...

Regards 

THJ 

Spot on THJ

I’ve known Ulle for a long time and my company sponsor him.    He’ll be much better prepared physically and equipment wise at the start of this season compared to last.  
Two big spills in 2018 saw him very rusty and not 100% right at the start of last season add in riding at number 1 in a struggling team set him back.  
But look what he was starting to do for Redcar and then did for Newcastle, where he put in consistently good scores around a track that didn’t really suit his style.  
Age is just a number where Ulle is concerned he’s a very fit lad, who takes diet very seriously and a whole season without any major knocks in 2019 sees him really great shape and relishing the opportunity to ride for Glasgow.  
All I’ll say to any doubters is give him the chance and I think you’ll be happy to be proved wrong.  

cheers Paul. 

Edited by The H Man
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think Ostergaard on good equipment(which I imagine will be part of the deal)is still a  decent signing.Good back up to Cook and Wells.

Feel a bit for Vissing,good season and fans favourite but averages probably the only reason he was ruled out.

And there is one of the problems , not one other sport puts restrictions in its model that if you have a good season it makes you less attractive the following season.

Mental.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

And there is one of the problems , not one other sport puts restrictions in its model that if you have a good season it makes you less attractive the following season.

Mental.

Agree,

It didn’t take Chris Harris long to work that one out.;)

21 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Mental.

This with bells on. A ridiculous situation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The H Man said:

Spot on THJ

I’ve known Ulle for a long time and my company sponsor him.    He’ll be much better prepared physically and equipment wise at the start of this season compared to last.  
Two big spills in 2018 saw him very rusty and not 100% right at the start of last season add in riding at number 1 in a struggling team set him back.  
But look what he was starting to do for Redcar and then did for Newcastle, where he put in consistently good scores around a track that didn’t really suit his style.  
Age is just a number where Ulle is concerned he’s a very fit lad, who takes diet very seriously and a whole season without any major knocks in 2019 sees him really great shape and relishing the opportunity to ride for Glasgow.  
All I’ll say to any doubters is give him the chance and I think you’ll be happy to be proved wrong.  

cheers Paul. 

I agree. I think Ostergaard is a very good signing and I'd be very surprised if he doesn't increase his average by a good bit. Disappointed he's not back at Newcastle but money talks.

• Haha 1