British Speedway Forum

33 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

It would be interesting to see how that rule would be viewed by the Directors should a CL Club try to sign, say, Artem Laguta.

Is there not a minimum of 8 or 9 for Premiership so CL would be that times whatever is this year’s multiple? But anyway, was there not a rule that GP riders couldn’t ride in the lower league, although Workington got a dispensation for Stonehewer. 

13 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Is there any noise on the Facennas being unhappy at the ROI so far? Not being smart but they surely would expect more by this stage?

I would think that the owners are more than happy with the ROI. Owning Glasgow Speedway has given them even more ways to market and promote their main businesses. Have a look at their holding company’s accounts and you’ll see how well they’ve done

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Is there not a minimum of 8 or 9 for Premiership so CL would be that times whatever is this year’s multiple? But anyway, was there not a rule that GP riders couldn’t ride in the lower league, although Workington got a dispensation for Stonehewer. 

Was Craig not racing for Glasgow in 2018 when in the GP's?

50 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Was Craig not racing for Glasgow in 2018 when in the GP's?

Well there you go…..as it seems to be allowed, who have Glasgow gone for? Laguta, Zmarzlik, or, with the connection to Hancock, maybe Janowski? Or is it just Dudek after all? :rofl:

• Haha 2

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2021 at 12:03 PM, screm said:

Looks like Craig Cook will make his track return next week after his recent issues.

With Josh Auty taking a sabbatical a few years ago for Scunthorpe saying his head & heart wasn't in it any more but subsequently changing his mind & got a 14 day ban (slated by all & sundry on here), usually 28 days for withholding services but halved due to returning for same club.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

With Josh Auty taking a sabbatical a few years ago for Scunthorpe saying his head & heart wasn't in it any more but subsequently changing his mind & got a 14 day ban (slated by all & sundry on here), usually 28 days for withholding services but halved due to returning for same club.

Yeh but we know cook gets away with everything, same as a few others in recent years who feigned injuries so as not to get a ban for other issues 

Edited by brewer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Gazc said:

Saw a quote yesterday that Glasgow throwing money at trying to win the League again with our new signing.

Whilst other teams also make signings but are not throwing money at it.

Must be just us that throw money about you couldn’t make it up.

Not surprising though.

I'm a wee bit deflated that the experts on the speedway updates site were wrong about us getting Dudek and paying him a 5k meeting retainer 

• Haha 1

Great to see a forward thinking club who are providing a great product i.e track,stadium and team can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned hope you guys win the playoffs. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, lewy said:

Great to see a forward thinking club who are providing a great product i.e track,stadium and team can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned hope you guys win the playoffs. 

Poole done that for years and got slated continually. I’m going for Poole 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

I'm a wee bit deflated that the experts on the speedway updates site were wrong about us getting Dudek and paying him a 5k meeting retainer 

Eastbourne reserves get that if you listen to rumours 

• Haha 1

On 8/28/2021 at 8:13 PM, Gazc said:

Keep up Blobby who uses cheques in this day and age, we electronically sent the money.

i wonder how that extra , EXTRA cash in my account came from !  say nowt .

still trying to buy a league title ?

• Haha 1

On 8/28/2021 at 8:46 PM, Gazc said:

Only on rare occasions do we go down this route , mainly at night and when there are no street lights visible.

is there any street lights in Glasgow that work .  standing by !

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I guess missing matches for depression / mental health would fall under the "non speedway injury / illness" rule, which I believe is a 7 day "ban"!

But I can imagine the uproar if a rider got "banned" for missing matches due to mental health issues!

18 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

It says on Twitter subject to BSPL approval, their office will be shut for the weekend and Monday as it's a bank holiday in England.

Glasgow are assuming he can come in on a 5 point assessed average, however he did ride in the Polish Ekstraliga for Grudziadz in 2015 & 2016 but that was as an under 21 rider.

Bank holiday throughout UK but Public Holiday in England too.