British Speedway Forum

23 hours ago, Gazc said:

Nicoliar is reviewing this again next week, knowing her we will move to Level 4 again.

Unless you are an illegal Imigrant  then you can do as you like.

Hmm compare and contrast......? 

https://t.co/IjEQBZgNpT

2 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

With that many people you will always get the minority of idiots same on Thursday or any large gatherings , You cant condone but it happens everywhere .

Point I made was they cant sanction certain gatherings and not others all or nothing.

I am also sure you will remember the Violence at a pro independence March last summer in Buchanan Street remember that one ?, And yes it was a minority of idiots that day also

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Joseq7 said:

Quite a good job it only happens once every ten years then...;)

• Like 2

anyone want to talk speedway?

• Like 2

Agree it's very quiet from the tiggers who would have thought after 18 months the 1st meeting is in a few days :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Neila said:

Agree it's very quiet from the tiggers who would have thought after 18 months the 1st meeting is in a few days :rolleyes:

The excitement had been quashed by having no fans in the stadium for an undetermined time. There is no substitute for visiting the track, and whilst streaming is appreciated as it gets us going again, its a distant second choice. 

• Like 2

So 18 months or so ago Glasgow announced they had pulled out of league  racing as they couldn't afford to run with reduced numbers attending.  Now it appears that due to Scottish rules they can run behind closed doors?!

Presumably this is due to the Govt grant/cash handout (rather than a loan) ??

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So 18 months or so ago Glasgow announced they had pulled out of league  racing as they couldn't afford to run with reduced numbers attending.  Now it appears that due to Scottish rules they can run behind closed doors?!

Presumably this is due to the Govt grant/cash handout (rather than a loan) ??

The behind closed doors is temporary, hopefully. By waiting another month or whenever the next batch of restrictions are finally lifted they wont need to spend unnecessary amounts of money on Covid mitigations in the stadium. Setting up the streaming service is a gamble but hopefully it pays off.

I'm sure the owners are pretty tired of the restrictions like everyone else.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MD said:

The behind closed doors is temporary, hopefully. By waiting another month or whenever the next batch of restrictions are finally lifted they wont need to spend unnecessary amounts of money on Covid mitigations in the stadium. Setting up the streaming service is a gamble but hopefully it pays off.

I'm sure the owners are pretty tired of the restrictions like everyone else.

Hope I'm wrong but I doubt there will be wholesale dropping of "Covid Mitigation's in the stadium" as you put it any time soon; I think there will still be restrictions and protocols to be adhered to right up until Christmas and maybe even beyond that; such as masks and spacing etc hopefully all less intrusive than the current regulations...

Your last line is spot on and I think as everyone is tired and fed up with the current situation; hopefully the streaming works for Glasgow and that all these "Stricter Measures" are temporary but I don't think we are out of the Covid woods by any stretch of the imagination yet...

Also if Buffoon Boris lifts certain restrictions Nippy Sturgeon will probably not follow suit just to be awkward...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling
  • Like 2

On 5/17/2021 at 7:18 PM, Lioness said:

anyone want to talk speedway?

6 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Hope I'm wrong but I doubt there will be wholesale dropping of "Covid Mitigation's in the stadium" as you put it any time soon; I think there will still be restrictions and protocols to be adhered to right up until Christmas and maybe even beyond that; such as masks and spacing etc hopefully all less intrusive than the current regulations...

Your last line is spot on and I think as everyone is tired and fed up with the current situation; hopefully the streaming works for Glasgow and that all these "Stricter Measures" are temporary but I don't think we are out of the Covid woods by any stretch of the imagination yet...

Also if Buffoon Boris lifts certain restrictions Nippy Sturgeon will probably not follow suit just to be awkward...

Regards
THJ

I think June the 21st restrictions full time are only a dream now so weight as well get used to new lockdown measures on the way 

. I reckon easier restrictions due the summer months but come autum & winter we could be faced with heavier rules unless all people get the vaccine & that includes the Asian community ?? I know they have there reasons not to have but the more who get it the better

Hope lots of fans stream your home matches... hopefully will not be needed in the near future

1 hour ago, Gunner85 said:

Hope lots of fans stream your home matches... hopefully will not be needed in the near future

At £11.95 per match? I’d be very surprised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

How much would it be normally be for 2 adults or 2 adults with 2 children?

A bit steep if you normally go on you own.

No travel expenses..... 

If you are a true Glasgow fan you will pay the £11.95

Edited by Gunner85
  • Like 5

On 5/19/2021 at 10:47 AM, Najjer said:

Very pleased with the pricing all things considered.

The club is not benefitting from car parking, F&B, hospitality and merch. When you factor in that one purchase can cover a household, it is clear that they have pitched it at an excellent price. 

This is a professional production with 4 cameras and Nigel on comms. 

The price point is equivalent if not a bit cheaper than other benchmarks, so fair play. 

Edited by Fingersfin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fingersfin said:

Very pleased with the pricing all things considered.

The club is not benefitting from Car parking, F&B, hospitality and merch. When you factor in that one purchase can cover a household, it is clear that they have pitched it at an excellent price. 

This is a professional production with 4 cameras and Nigel on comms. 

The price point is equivalent if not a bit cheaper than other benchmarks, so fair play. 

Think it’s fair to say it will be quality stream.