British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I seem to remember that you even had 1 of this years team turning out most weeks during the winter helping with track work, cleaning, replacing ready for this last year.

Yeah it's a pity his racing didn't match his groundworks duties ha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Yeah it's a pity his racing didn't match his groundworks duties ha

Just hope he wasn't to sore after Sundays crash at Newcastle tho

6 hours ago, KEITH M said:

Did Mike Bennett not do it for a season or two ?? 

Yes he did.

On 10/30/2019 at 12:29 PM, Tsunami said:

It was Steve. He was a Post Office person, and he left to go down to the Humberside area. Walked around a lot, good voice and content with black hair. I remember he came back for a little while, while we were stuck, Newcastle's own version of the "Guest'  system. He was with us though the 90's and early 00's I think. I thought he was very professional.

How about Steve Hayton or did I just make that up?

1 hour ago, screm said:

How about Aaron Summers to Newcastle for next season.;)

More chance of the 90th going ahead before the end of the year

8 minutes ago, Aceslider said:

MIght be, but sounds like the guy who came down from Berwick for a little time after Dalbers. He was connected to the then film crew.

1 hour ago, Aceslider said:

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

MIght be, but sounds like the guy who came down from Berwick for a little time after Dalbers. He was connected to the then film crew.

Steve Hayward, sometiems Berwick Centre Green guy, who also helped out Bob (GRT Media) occasionally.

On 10/30/2019 at 11:20 AM, Aceslider said:

I recall a bloke who did the job for a long time who was very knowledgeable about speedway. He was very good and maybe performed this role at other events, not necessarily speedway.

Again just a recollection but his Christian name may have been Steve

On 10/30/2019 at 12:29 PM, Tsunami said:

It was Steve. He was a Post Office person, and he left to go down to the Humberside area. Walked around a lot, good voice and content with black hair. I remember he came back for a little while, while we were stuck, Newcastle's own version of the "Guest'  system. He was with us though the 90's and early 00's I think. I thought he was very professional.

Steve Pugh

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:09 PM, Tsunami said:

Trying to remember his name. Can you remember it.? 

Dave Alan was one of them & I can't remember the other one who IMO was much worse!

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:53 AM, Terrace Grumbler said:

There was an announcer whose surname was either Bird or Shield. The week he came George greeted him in the programme,  then the week after apologised for getting his name wrong.

Either way, he was hopeless. 

Derek Bird that was him every race  riders lined up in not gate it was Lanes he was there in 2008 when the Ben Powel incident happened when he took Kenni Larsen off! 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 7:36 PM, screm said:

How about Aaron Summers to Newcastle for next season.;)

He's back at Berwick

So with names Dropping for other clubs. Who do you think are first names will be? 

My vote would be Max Clegg and Matthew Wethers. 

But for me I just hope we get news from the club soon the info from Mr English in last program. Hate to think there will be nothing till the new year. 

Alan 

Wonder whether a big name signing would spark some new interest... And with Sheffield moving up, how about a return for Danny King?

1. Danny King 8.45

2. Max Clegg 4.92

3. Ulrich Ostergaard 5.98

4. Matthew Wethers 6.92

5. Steve Worrall 7.38

6. James Sarjeant 3.90/Jacob Bukhave 4.00

7. Danny Phillips 2.17

Total: 39.72/82 (With all British riders getting 2.5% reduction, like last year and 40.00 limit like it should be at least)

Edited by Dandelion