British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Wonder whether a big name signing would spark some new interest... And with Sheffield moving up, how about a return for Danny King?

1. Danny King 8.45

2. Max Clegg 4.92

3. Ulrich Ostergaard 5.98

4. Matthew Wethers 6.92

5. Steve Worrall 7.38

6. James Sarjeant 3.90/Jacob Bukhave 4.00

7. Danny Phillips 2.17

Total: 39.72/82 (With all British riders getting 2.5% reduction, like last year and 40.00 limit like it should be at least)

Will you please stop including Danny Phillips. Couldn't put up with him for another season.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Danny King signed elsewhere.

Where abouts? Poole?

Just now, Winditon said:

Will you please stop including Danny Phillips. Couldn't put up with him for another season.

Think it's a given he'll be included

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Wonder whether a big name signing would spark some new interest... And with Sheffield moving up, how about a return for Danny King?

1. Danny King 8.45

2. Max Clegg 4.92

4. Matthew Wethers 6.92

5. Steve Worrall 7.38

7. Danny Phillips 2.17

Total: 39.72/82 (With all British riders getting 2.5% reduction, like last year and 40.00 limit like it should be at least)

Why do we need the king of diamonds Danny king when we have the ace in the  pack Danny  Phillips...

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, soupy said:

Why do we need the king of diamonds Danny king when we have the ace in the  pack Danny  Phillips...

Honestly

More like a "Joker"

Regards
THJ

Oh and on the selection No King; or Worrall as I believe they are off elsewhere and I very much doubt Ulrich will be back either... if we do run you will be counting on Clegg; Wethers and Phillips and possibly the most sensible guess she has made Bukhave who if we do run could definitely be in whatever team is pulled together...

26 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

More like a "Joker"

Regards
THJ

Oh and on the selection No King; or Worrall as I believe they are off elsewhere and I very much doubt Ulrich will be back either... if we do run you will be counting on Clegg; Wethers and Phillips and possibly the most sensible guess she has made Bukhave who if we do run could definitely be in whatever team is pulled together...

Two out of three ain’t bad (Song in there somewhere)Probably only Clegg I would have as I think wethers average is to high now and Phillips is a no from me.Think if Ully stays if the rumour about wor Ged is true but you never know.

36 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

More like a "Joker"

Regards
THJ

Have you any idea which assets we have? If we’re trying to keep costs down it would be sensible to use our own assets... can only think of LL, Phillips & Embleton though? And you could argue the latter two aren’t up to Championship standard.

Edited by bloom89

39 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Have you any idea which assets we have? If we’re trying to keep costs down it would be sensible to use our own assets... can only think of LL, Phillips & Embleton though? And you could argue the latter two aren’t up to Championship standard.

Think those you mentioned plus Matej Kus; Kenni Larsen and Jonas Raun are still on the books; I would suggest Steve Park or Tsunami could fill the picture in further better than I could...

Regards
THJ

Oh and what about Claes Nedermark and Anton Rossen?

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Think those you mentioned plus Matej Kus; Kenni Larsen and Jonas Raun are still on the books; I would suggest Steve Park or Tsunami could fill the picture in further better than I could...

Regards
THJ

Not really a great selection like! 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Dandelion said:

1. Danny King 8.45

2. Max Clegg 4.92

4. Matthew Wethers 6.92

5. Steve Worrall 7.38

7. Danny Phillips 2.17

Sarj probably a no no as the starting marshal ( Phil ) would have to do overtime on the repairs of the tapes ha & I'll be surprised if supa returns.. can definitely see clegg Matty & ully back tho

7 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
THJ

Is ludde still on aswell & how about Lee smethills was he not part of the deal that took the GOOD bjerre to Bellevue 

5 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Sarj probably a no no as the starting marshal ( Phil ) would have to do overtime on the repairs of the tapes ha & I'll be surprised if supa returns.. can definitely see clegg Matty & ully back tho

Sarj was very good at the tapes the other week and, put in a decent effort,,, I would say that he passed the interview stage ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Dandelion said:

1. Danny King 8.45

2. Max Clegg 4.92

4. Matthew Wethers 6.92

5. Steve Worrall 7.38

7. Danny Phillips 2.17

I think a move away would suit both Steve Worrall and the club. 

I’m just hoping against hope that we’ll have a team at all. 

15 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

That would be a pity. 

Although I wasn't a impressed at the Ully signing, I have to say that he has come in and done a great job. He would be 1 of the 4 Diamonds I would keep, but not sure it will happen.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Where abouts? Poole?

Think it's a given he'll be included

Is that because his Dad will still be involved? Even if we have to include a low average reserve next season depending on points limits and make up of our team i wouldn't entertain Phillips. He's just not improving and has been around long enough now. He's at best a second string NL rider. Nothing against the lad but just my opinion and if he was my son I'd keep him to racing in the NL. Don't think anyone else in the Championship apart from Newcastle would include him anyway.

• Like 5