British Speedway Forum

If Rathbone is, as expected, the new Newcastle promoter then it would be a shock not to see Ostergaard back.

i have always thought with him it’s more to do with machinery than lack of ability regarding his most recent poor seasons, on good gear he could be a right steal on that average. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pinny said:

If Rathbone is, as expected, the new Newcastle promoter then it would be a shock not to see Ostergaard back.

i have always thought with him it’s more to do with machinery than lack of ability regarding his most recent poor seasons, on good gear he could be a right steal on that average. 

If I had a £1 for every time some one has said “he’s a steal on that average”that goes t*ts up,I’d be a rich man :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Winditon said:

Is that because his Dad will still be involved? Even if we have to include a low average reserve next season depending on points limits and make up of our team i wouldn't entertain Phillips. He's just not improving and has been around long enough now. He's at best a second string NL rider. Nothing against the lad but just my opinion and if he was my son I'd keep him to racing in the NL. Don't think anyone else in the Championship apart from Newcastle would include him anyway.

Completely agree with you... But I can still see him riding for us next year... If I were him I wouldn't want to... Got to be embarrassing

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pinny said:

They said that about Lasse too :rolleyes:

Edited by Dandelion

14 hours ago, Pinny said:

Don't tell Ged your views, as he used to be Ulric's mechanic & sponsor lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

They said that about Lasse too :rolleyes:

Lasse needs to dump his dad as engine tuner. At least six, that I know of, engine blowups on the stand before the match even starts says a lot. Kenneth Bjerre took a different route this year and had one of his best seasons in years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, proud panther said:

Don't tell Ged your views, as he used to be Ulric's mechanic & sponsor lol.

Often spannered for Ully last season and even if he wasn't was still supporting him in the pits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

Often spannered for Ully last season and even if he wasn't was still supporting him in the pits.

If the rumours are true, & Ged is taking over at Newcastle, it will be good for the club, in my opinion. His enthusiasm & drive was sorely missed when he left Panthers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

If the rumours are true, & Ged is taking over at Newcastle, it will be good for the club, in my opinion. His enthusiasm & drive was sorely missed when he left Panthers.

Whoever's if any changes are in the future let's hope it's good news and someone with new ideas and enthusiasm.. not that there is anything wrong with George as he's done a great job at the club in all theses years gone by.. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Whoever's if any changes are in the future let's hope it's good news and someone with new ideas and enthusiasm.. not that there is anything wrong with George as he's done a great job at the club in all theses years gone by.. 

Totally agree with you. Hats off to the English family but time to move on i think and hand the reins to someone else.

1 hour ago, Winditon said:

Totally agree with you. Hats off to the English family but time to move on i think and hand the reins to someone else.

Be careful what you wish for. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Agree, we could get a Mike Ashley type. :o:D

Yeah if someone can do it for the long haul & bring new fresh inputs in  it can only be good for Newcastle speedway so let's hope the person or persons are the right people to take the club into a new era,,,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

Agree, we could get a Mike Ashley type. :o:D

Mike Ashley is a good businessman but running a club is different...

2 minutes ago, soupy said:

Mike Ashley is a good businessman but running a club is different...

So why has he lost so much money this year then, and he can't keep auditors,

• Haha 1