British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

I think the main point was to bring more local clashes as they bring in the most money. 

Yes, I know and it’s fair enough for speedway to save a few quid I suppose, but let’s not pretend that it’s a model for a fair and accurate league. It’s not.

And you say “local” clashes, but that’s stretching it as travelling for 50 or 100 miles to another team in your group isn’t really local, is it? Plus, it’s often the league leaders who attract the biggest crowd.

Edited by DC2

9 minutes ago, mikebv said:

That idea needs a "Word Round" too..

Consonant, Consonant, Vowel, Consonant, Consonant, Consonant, Consonant, Vowel..

L L O C K S B O...

:D

Should it not have another vowel?

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

That might give you an idea and, it sort of ties-in with numbers that I have heard.

Been busy over the weekend and today but once I am back in the office I will share what I can and hopefully we can pull this round and maybe even move things forward...

It's not all doom and gloom

Regards 

THJ

• Like 3

17 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Do the results of the matches with ‘a selection of teams from the others’ appear in the league tables along with the matches within their own conference?

Yes. 

14 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Been busy over the weekend and today but once I am back in the office I will share what I can and hopefully we can pull this round and maybe even move things forward...

It's not all doom and gloom

Regards 

THJ

Lets hope so John. Certainly heard a bit more positivity over the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So not known for doing this and because Dandelion has been nowhere to be seen...

How would this float everyone's boat...

And its only a guess on who appears to be left so please don't bite to hard... be gentle...

And; and; and; the best one is what about Bjarne Peddersen back home for his retirement year... mmmmmlollol

Or or Hans Andersen who has been mentioned but I cant see anywhere yet? bigger mmmmm louder lollol...

Not factored them into my game of "Silly Burgers" yet...

So here goes... he said... trying to think outside the box...

Oh and finally mmmmm's and lollol's copy-write recognition to Bandits BJcol... 

Dear Santa can we have a speedway team first off and Secondly we will have anything left in your sack for a team

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS  
    AVE   -2.50%
1 Claus Vissing  8.43   8.43
2 Max Clegg  5.05   4.93
3 Lasse Bjerre  5.87   5.87
4 Matthew Wethers 6.92   6.75
5 Nico Covatti 7.82   7.82
6 Jacob Bukhave 4.00   4.00
7 Alfie Bowtell 3.10   3.02

Total: 41.19   40.82

Its the best I can come up with looking on the BSPA web site... and sitting on a train using my phone...

Regards
THJ

PS me eyes are bleeding looking at this little screen cos I've forgot me specs... Doh

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
missed out key words
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Don't think Wethers gets a reduction, so it might be 40.99,,, which is pretty close;)

Bjarne???,,, an 11+ ave. Looks off putting to most, but if the same rules as apply as they did last season, ie. Masters, Ellis. Would his average change after the first set of GSA's?,,, as long as he'd completed in any qualifying fixtures? If so it might be worth a serious look at.

Edited by ruffdiamond

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Don't think Wethers gets a reduction, so it might be 40.99,,, which is pretty close;)

He does as he is a Aussie on a British Passport because if he was an Aussie on an Aussie passport we couldn't use him as we do not have the correct paperwork to use Aussie's unfortunately

Regards
THJ

16.2.6 Any rider who has been or is eligible to compete in the NDL (and has not
represented another FMN, other than the ACU) will receive a 2.5% reduction on
their MA.

Wethers rode in the NL (CL as it was then) for Armadale in 2003-4

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

He does as he is a Aussie on a British Passport because if he was an Aussie on an Aussie passport we couldn't use him as we do not have the correct paperwork to use Aussie's unfortunately

Regards
THJ

I seem to remember seeing somewhere in 2018 season that his average couldn't drop below 4(when he went thru a quiet period)

Also his final 2018 figure was 5.78, which is the same as his 2019 starting figure, just saying like.

I have had this debate before with some fans and, as well as you know, its sometimes difficult to get folk to understand.

• Thanks 1

Let’s hope it can be sorted and that the Diamonds run this year.

Sport can’t afford to lose more tracks and any sport is better with local rivalries.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Parsy29 said:

Lets hope so John. Certainly heard a bit more positivity over the weekend.

Good hope you get yourselves sorted out and come to the tapes next year good luck 

• Like 4

Thanks THJ for the numbers, I was trying to ascertain what the shortfall was taking into account income and sponsors.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, erniew said:

Thanks THJ for the numbers, I was trying to ascertain what the shortfall was taking into account income and sponsors.

That's only a best guesstimate and a little inside knowledge but it won't be far away...

Regards 

THJ 

Looks like Ricky Wells and Cameron Heeps won't be back to Edinburgh. Not out and out No.1 riders but if we go for strength in depth they could do a job.

• Like 1