British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So Steve you gave us Ondrej Smetana? who I think is a very good shout and I am going to raise your Ondrej Smetana and come back with Jurica Pavlic... Get your investigative head on and pick the bones out of that one.... What sort of averages would these guys come in on?

Regards
THJ 

I think George said Smetana would be a 5 when he had a few laps around Brough last season.  He rode in the GP Qualifier up at Glasgow (riding Ludvig Lindgren's bikes) and scored 6points.

Pavlic rode for Swindon in 2008, so I would assume he'd come in on a converted average - he finished after 8 meetings with an EL average of 8.32, so would be over 13.

23 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Pavlic rode for Swindon in 2008, so I would assume he'd come in on a converted average - he finished after 8 meetings with an EL average of 8.32, so would be over 13.

Surely tho Steve, that average is quite a bit out of date, so maybe a new assessment would/could be made?

Btw, that golden helmet/hat/thing needs to be redesigned,,, you'd have to be either brave or embarrassed to wear that;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

As the dog racing from the track is pumped into betting shops around the country four days a week its a very lucrative business for them... what they get and make from the Speedway is a drop in the ocean to them which they could take or leave...

Maybe it time to get speedway pumped into betting shops... :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Albert said:

Maybe it time to get speedway pumped into betting shops... :)

I used to think that, but in speedway for betting purposes time keeping needs to be improved a bit.

33 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I used to think that, but in speedway for betting purposes time keeping needs to be improved a bit.

Are we still going on about when Sean Wilson knocked 3 seconds off the track record? :):)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

I think George said Smetana would be a 5 when he had a few laps around Brough last season.  He rode in the GP Qualifier up at Glasgow (riding Ludvig Lindgren's bikes) and scored 6points.

Pavlic had five home and three away meetings (or vice versa) when it was strict 4 home 4 away to obtain an average so he was on a 4 which should convert to 6.4....

But his 8.32 average does look quite impressive...

Just sayin like...

Regards 

THJ  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Aceslider said:

Are we still going on about when Sean Wilson knocked 3 seconds off the track record? :):)

Dunno about that, but just saying that if speedway was to be a success in betting shops, it would need to have definitive heat times,,, not like 61.09, but like 19.30 then 19.35 and so on.:t:

No messing about with dodgy tapes etc,,,, punters would easily be put off.

Am I the only one who thinks that some of the names being suggested on here are a bit daft? :blink: I mean: Jurica Pavlic, Nicki Pedersen, Bjarne Pedersen? Does anyone seriously think any of these riders would entertain Newcastle? Not to mention they'll all no doubt be in Poland next year... Knowing that Tero has gone to Scunthorpe and Ashley has gone to Birmingham and Steve has gone to Poole, this is what I'd like to see... A bit more realistic I think... Mind you... We don't even know if we're going to have a team at all next season!!

Ben Barker    7.06
Paul Starke    6.33
Matej Kus    5.63
Matthew Wethers    6.92
Ulrich Ostergaard    5.98
Max Clegg    4.92
Jacob Bukhave    4.00

Yes, pretty terrible team... But I feel something like this is what we can expect... IF we run... I'm still holding out hopes that my dream will come true and the King of Diamonds returns since his team from last season moved up... But I'm not going to be too expectant

Edit: Swap Barker and Starke for King and Bacon and it still fits... Either way, not going to do much next season... Just hope we run... Grondal and Jeppesen (Although I seriously doubt he would sign) would be a nice addition too...

If Zdenek Simota and Ondrej Smetana (Yes, that's definitely who it was, Steve was right) were lined up for Plymouth and no one else picks them up, maybe we'll see them next season, when we announce our team a lot later than everyone else (Understandably) If Nike Lunna out of his 'break' yet?

Edited by Dandelion

3 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Dan Bewley? Not been linked elsewhere? 

Don't see that either... Unless he's allowed in on his Workington 2018 average... He'll be waaay over inflated

3 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Don't see that either... Unless he's allowed in on his Workington 2018 average... He'll be waaay over inflated

Beggars cant be choosers but yeah just seen above hes at Wroclaw anyway 

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

A bit more realistic I think... Mind you... We don't even know if we're going to have a team at all next season!!

Ben Barker    7.06
Paul Starke    6.33
Matej Kus    5.63
Matthew Wethers    6.92
Max Clegg    4.92
Jacob Bukhave    4.00

Yes, pretty terrible team... But I feel something like this is what we can expect... IF we run... I'm still holding out hopes that my dream will come true and the King of Diamonds returns since his team from last season moved up... But I'm not going to be too expectant

Oh manner from Heaven...

If you are talking of daft you are the reason why the word was invented...

Barker... Starke and Ully all signed elsewhere... Kus had last year off(ish) to concentrate on his business and I've been told he is doing Poland next year

Wethers and Clegg will be a given and to be fair I would like to see Jacob but doubt it will happen... try fitting Ludde in because he's available... (Ruffs just had an orgasm) 

Oh and definitely no King of Diamonds either...

Now that balloon is popped al put me pin away... 

Regards 

THJ 

Oh and we couldn't afford Dan Bewley...

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Am I the only one who thinks that some of the names being suggested on here are a bit daft? :blink: I mean: Jurica Pavlic, Nicki Pedersen, Bjarne Pedersen? Does anyone seriously think any of these riders would entertain Newcastle? Not to mention they'll all no doubt be in Poland next year... Knowing that Tero has gone to Scunthorpe and Ashley has gone to Birmingham and Steve has gone to Poole, this is what I'd like to see... A bit more realistic I think... Mind you... We don't even know if we're going to have a team at all next season!!

Ben Barker    7.06
Paul Starke    6.33
Matej Kus    5.63
Matthew Wethers    6.92
Max Clegg    4.92
Jacob Bukhave    4.00

Edit: Swap Barker and Starke for King and Bacon and it still fits... Either way, not going to do much next season... Just hope we run... Grondal and Jeppesen (Although I seriously doubt he would sign) would be a nice addition too...

If Zdenek Simota and Ondrej Smetana (Yes, that's definitely who it was, Steve was right) were lined up for Plymouth and no one else picks them up, maybe we'll see them next season, when we announce our team a lot later than everyone else (Understandably) If Nike Lunna out of his 'break' yet?

Edited by phillwhitewasmad