British Speedway Forum

Love Bjarne but  Howay man he’s about 85. :rofl: Hopefully any new promoters show more ambition than that... 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Arson fire said:

Love Bjarne but  Howay man he’s about 85. :rofl: Hopefully any new promoters show more ambition than that... 

It won't take any ambition with what's possibly going to be left :(

25 minutes ago, Arson fire said:

Ha ha... nice to see you back... Bjarne is only 41 a think and Nikki is 43... Still spring chickens... are you not on about that Hancock bloke he definitely looks like he is pushing 85...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/18/2019 at 4:30 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

1st Attempt

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS

AVE   -2.50%
1 Claus Vissing  8.43   8.43
2 Max Clegg  5.05   4.93
3 Lasse Bjerre  5.87   5.87
4 Matthew Wethers 6.92   6.75
5 Nico Covatti 7.82   7.82
6 Jacob Bukhave 4.00   4.00
7 Alfie Bowtell 3.10   3.02

Total: 41.19   40.82

15 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Am I the only one who thinks that some of the names being suggested on here are a bit daft? ONLY FROM YOU!!!

13 hours ago, diamonds7 said:

It won't take any ambition with what's possibly going to be left :(

So here's attempt No 2 just for Dandelion with not so daft names; at least not as daft as the ones she is putting up!!!

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS  
    AVE   -2.50%
1 Hans Andersen  9.26   9.26
2 Max Clegg  5.05   4.93
3 Ondrej Smetana  5.00   5.00
4 Matthew Wethers 6.92   6.92

Total: 41.15   40.95

There you go what's wrong with that team with riders who are still (left) available?

I would quite happily pay my sponsorship money to go and watch that lot no problem...

Regards
THJ

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So here's attempt No 2 just for Dandelion with not so daft names; at least not as daft as the ones she is putting up!!!

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS  
    AVE   -2.50%
2 Max Clegg  5.05   4.93

There you go what's wrong with that team with riders who are still (left) available?

I would quite happily pay my sponsorship money to go and watch that lot no problem...

Regards
THJ

Not a bad looking side that, Covatti would bring some entertainment. Is Alfie still riding, thought I read he was jacking it in, (but was probably on here, so maybe needs a bit salt)

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Not a bad looking side that, Covatti would bring some entertainment. Is Alfie still riding, thought I read he was jacking it in, (but was probably on here, so maybe needs a bit salt)

I have been told Alfie is now fit and well and looking for a slot with no reason to disbelieve the source

Regards
THJ

• Thanks 1

Has Covatti decided he's doing UK in 2020 then? His recent Star article suggested maybe not?!

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

Hi THJ  any news on Newcastle running yet???

He's probly just mekkin it up man ;)

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Has Covatti decided he's doing UK in 2020 then? His recent Star article suggested maybe not?!

Jesus buddy how long you been doing this? its a guesstimate "gis a break FFS" am just playing the game...

If he is doing the UK this year then great I would (me personally) I would like to see him at Newcastle, hes exciting; entertaining and expressed a liking for the track; but as I am not part of the promotion its not my gift to give!!! if he doesn't as the Star article suggested then stick one of them daft names in "its a puppet" like is it not? know what a mean!!!  so Pavlic; Ravelic; Ronny Abravamowvic; Puselic; Popadopalic; Tomas Sucmedic (think he once rode for Redcar) or Victor Palovarra or Joel Andersen as they are also available... or anyone else for that matter. "ITS A PUPPET"

Anyone really (if we run... Ahem) but he is at this moment in time still available and not as far as I am aware signed up by anyone else in the Championship...

So has he decided... Who knows... well you and the SS apparently but if he does change his mind can we have him please?

Regards
THJ

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Jesus buddy how long you been doing this? its a guesstimate "gis a break FFS" am just playing the game...

If he is doing the UK this year then great I would (me personally) I would like to see him at Newcastle, hes exciting; entertaining and expressed a liking for the track; but as I am not part of the promotion its not my gift to give!!! if he doesn't as the Star article suggested then stick one of them daft names in "its a puppet" like is it not? know what a mean!!!  so Pavlic; Ravelic; Ronny Abravamowvic; Puselic; Popadopalic; Tomas Sucmedic (think he once rode for Redcar) or Victor Palovarra or Joel Andersen as they are also available... or anyone else for that matter. "ITS A PUPPET"

Anyone really (if we run... Ahem) but he is at this moment in time still available and not as far as I am aware signed up by anyone else in the Championship...

So has he decided... Who knows... well you and the SS apparently but if he does change his mind can we have him please?

Regards
THJ

Am sure your just making some of them names up, but the guy with the golden egg on his head looked quite interesting.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, StevePark said:

I think George said Smetana would be a 5 when he had a few laps around Brough last season.  He rode in the GP Qualifier up at Glasgow (riding Ludvig Lindgren's bikes) and scored 6points.

Pavlic rode for Swindon in 2008, so I would assume he'd come in on a converted average - he finished after 8 meetings with an EL average of 8.32, so would be over 13.

20 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Pavlic had five home and three away meetings (or vice versa) when it was strict 4 home 4 away to obtain an average so he was on a 4 which should convert to 6.4....

But his 8.32 average does look quite impressive...

Just sayin like...

Regards 

THJ  

Come on Steve your research skills are letting you down Jurica Pavlic started on a 4.00 and ended up with a 5.11 average for Swindon at the end of the 2009 season so if that were converted now it would be 8.18 at today's exchange rate so not as daft as some have made out...

The only snag would be if he goes to Poland this season and ends up racing on a Sunday as that would flat rule him out; I am sure one of the Polish League/Teams experts on here could advise accordingly...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn

On 11/20/2019 at 5:33 PM, Albert said:

Maybe it time to get speedway pumped into betting shops... :)

Well, when the BSPA did try to do that with graphics and transponders on the bikes., One of the requirements was for the white helmet cover to change to green so the punters, particularly the Far East and others at home, could use their TV remote control to carry out their bets watching live graphics constructed from signals from the transponders. The income was forecast to be huge, but unfortunately the graphics were the stumbling block and it didn't happen. Just demonstrates that things like that were well thought out, and plans like the green helmet were put in place ready for it's possible introduction. Had it been successful it would have dwarfed the income from the TV rights.

But all fans remember is the joke about green helmet covers. :unsure::unsure:

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Well, when the BSPA did try to do that with graphics and transponders on the bikes., One of the requirements was for the yellow helmet cover to change to green so the punters, particularly the Far East and others at home, could use their TV remote control to carry out their bets watching live graphics constructed from signals from the transponders. The income was forecast to be huge, but unfortunately the graphics were the stumbling block and it didn't happen. Just demonstrates that things like that were well thought out, and plans like the green helmet were put in place ready for it's possible introduction. Had it been successful it would have dwarfed the income from the TV rights.

But all fans remember is the joke about green helmet covers. :unsure::unsure:

You mean white

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS  
    AVE   -2.50%
2 Max Clegg  5.05   4.93

Not bad pickings that

• Thanks 1