British Speedway Forum

IF Newcastle do get a new investor Im sure the public will give him / her / them at least a season to get things sorted. They are behind with team building due to the uncertainty but all the genuine fans need to realise how close they came to not having a team at all to support.

The new investor will have taken on the club knowing full well that Speedway teams don't usually make money so I for one will be backing him / her / them for simply keeping the sport going on Tyneside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Parsy29 said:

IF Newcastle do get a new investor Im sure the public will give him / her / them at least a season to get things sorted. They are behind with team building due to the uncertainty but all the genuine fans need to realise how close they came to not having a team at all to support.

The new investor will have taken on the club knowing full well that Speedway teams don't usually make money so I for one will be backing him / her / them for simply keeping the sport going on Tyneside.

Naughty boy Gav... You know the craic...

Regards
THJ

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Need probs cleva clogs lol

Blunder alert lol as it 2016 when we never lost at home ha ... I must stop drinking the equal amount of THJ ha

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Blunder alert lol as it 2016 when we never lost at home ha ... I must stop drinking the equal amount of THJ ha

Yep drinking and posting are never a good thing as I can attest to.. having made a bigger tool of myself than I normally do trying to post whilst full of drink... on several occasions... and that is really difficult... Doh

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, soupy said:

The green helmet was for betting on your sky bet account on your remote control,Red,Green,Blue and Yellow buttons.I prefer the black and yellow helmet myself.

Hmmm. I think I said that. B)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Nothing gets past the quiz king 

• Like 1

Any significance in this? Companies House has a new company called Newcastle Diamonds formed as a limited company in November 2019.

The director is Alexander Robert Grant of Ponteland

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, jackofdiamonds said:

Any significance in this? Companies House has a new company called Newcastle Diamonds formed as a limited company in November 2019.

Seems pretty significant although bearing in mind the Bin Zayed group set up a company for the sale of NUFC it's certainly not definitive. Sounds like something is happening (brilliant) as hinted by THJ the other day.  

Edit: looking at the date of birth looks like it maybe our former rider (possibly assisted by his dad!)

Edited by acclennell
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, jackofdiamonds said:

Well that has to be our former rider young Rob or members of the family or is he part of a consortium the riddle or guessing game continues

DOB 1984, so it must be Rob Grant (son). Owns all the shares in the newly formed company.

Intriguing but must be good news for the Diamonds

7 minutes ago, Aceslider said:

DOB 1984, so it must be Rob Grant (son). Owns all the shares in the newly formed company.

Might just be opening a few more butcher shops:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Aceslider said:

Robert has many links with Brough having rode for us , worked in the dog staff and his late mother worked at the track for a long time. It's a bit like coming home for him and probably his father and I wish them the very best of luck to open up the Diamonds in 2020. We know who will be selling the pies now, :D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Robert has many links with Brough having rode for us , worked in the dog staff and his late mother worked at the track for a long time. It's a bit like coming home for him and probably his father and I wish them the very best of luck to open up the Diamonds in 2020. We know who will be selling the pies now, :D

Is that the same pies as at Berwick?

Tha nice them,,,,

The Newcastle 'Scotch Pie' Diamonds,,,, different like;)