British Speedway Forum

Wonder if a certain MR Sneddon will have anything to do with it.

Just now, ruffdiamond said:

Is that the same pies as at Berwick?

Tha nice them,,,,

The Newcastle 'Scotch Pie' Diamonds,,,, different like;)

It is. The family have a farm beside Ponteland, and son Rob runs his food van at big shows as well as now Berwick, where his father Big Rob is still well revered. Rob has always been very independant, and has been in his business a number of years now after retiring from riding. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

It is. The family have a farm beside Ponteland, and son Rob runs his food van at big shows as well as now Berwick, where his father Big Rob is still well revered. Rob has always been very independant, and has been in his business a number of years now after retiring from riding. 

A wish ye had of told is that years ago mate.

Edited by ruffdiamond

21 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Don’t think his Van was at Berwick last season ,and the pies I thought were supplied by Anderson’s.

Edited by Fromafar

21 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t think his Van was at Berwick last season ,and the pies I thought were supplied by Anderson’s.

I thought he replaced the Anderson's van. ?

Just now, Tsunami said:

I thought he replaced the Anderson's van. ?

That’s was the season before.There was no van last season.Food was from original cafe in the ground.

• Thanks 1

All this talk about food is making me hungry,,, 

but a wonder if our landlords would allow a food truck on site?

12 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

All this talk about food is making me hungry,,, 

but a wonder if our landlords would allow a food truck on site?

We used to have our own burger van in the mid/early 00's in front of the office block, supposed to be to save disabled people from going upstairs to the bar kitchen.  We were charged £150 rent for the spot by the stadium, but it took a lot of trade off the other outlet especially as the burgers were freshly made by a local butcher, and they are made from prime beef. Used to sell tea and coffee, and there was alway a queue everytime you looked. I'll bet that's made you more hungry now. Good idea for Rob that, helps the disabled of course. B):approve:

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

We used to have our own burger van in the mid/early 00's in front of the office block, supposed to be to save disabled people from going upstairs to the bar kitchen.  We were charged £150 rent for the spot by the stadium, but it took a lot of trade off the other outlet espcially as the burgers were freshly made by a local butcher, and they are made from prime beef. I'll bet that's made you more hungry now. Good idea for Rob that, helps the disabled of course. B):approve:

The prospect of Sunday evenings at Brough is getting better by the minute !!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

We used to have our own burger van in the mid/early 00's in front of the office block, supposed to be to save disabled people from going upstairs to the bar kitchen.  We were charged £150 rent for the spot by the stadium, but it took a lot of trade off the other outlet espcially as the burgers were freshly made by a local butcher, and they are made from prime beef. I'll bet that's made you more hungry now. Good idea for Rob that, helps the disabled of course. B):approve:

Av got steak tonight mate :t:

Just thinking that having your own food truck might go a long way to help balance the books and, as we have new more lenient/approachable landlords now, it might/could be an option.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Robs a sausage man not a pie man

Oooeer  missus !

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Robs a sausage man not a pie man

10 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Oooeer  missus !

Aye, that might put people off, err ;)

4 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Blunder alert lol as it 2016 when we never lost at home ha ... I must stop drinking the equal amount of THJ ha

No I think you will find it was 2005 when we had Grievesy after finishing wooden spoonests the year before so it may be a good sign of happy days once more!

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I know I'm getting ahead of myself just slightly,, but if they are buying the club, I wonder if they have space on their farm to build our own track and save themselves thousands a year on rent and loss of catering money. 

• Like 3