British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Also JB Andersen. He can't stand the place.

7 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Not the only one... Some have even ridden for us...

Yeah, it doesn't suit the faint hearted. 

They'll miss it when it's gone.

20 hours ago, StevePark said:

Far too early for Josh in the Championship.  He needs a full season in the NL.

He just needs a bit more backing like better engine speed & he's capable Steve as he's proved he can beat some decent lads on his day as he did last season...Well worth a go for the 1st month or so if they don't have anything sorted 2 point wise

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 11:46 AM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So here's attempt No 2 just for Dandelion with not so daft names; at least not as daft as the ones she is putting up!!!

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS  
    AVE   -2.50%
1 Hans Andersen  9.26   9.26
2 Max Clegg  5.05   4.93
3 Ondrej Smetana  5.00   5.00
4 Matthew Wethers 6.92   6.92
5 Nico Covatti 7.82   7.82
6 Jacob Bukhave 4.00   4.00
7 Alfie Bowtell 3.10   3.02

Total: 41.15   40.95

There you go what's wrong with that team with riders who are still (left) available?

I would quite happily pay my sponsorship money to go and watch that lot no problem...

Regards
THJ

Okay here is attempt No3 and honing it down a bit and working on the premise of who is left and trying to use up all 41 points... and now I have had me Greggs for me dinner I've come up with this lot... oh and a load of crumbs on me keyboard...

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS  
    AVE   -2.50%
1 Claus Vissing  8.43   8.43
2 Max Clegg  5.05   4.93
3 Ondrej Smetana 5.00   5.00
7 James Sarjeant 4.00   3.90

Total: 41.22   41.00

I really would like to see Covatti at Brough but that might not happen for reasons beyond our control and I only stuck Sarj in as he fitted beautifully to take the team to 41 points and again because I haven't heard him mentioned anywhere,

Other names I juggled with were Todd Kurtz 5.43 Alfie  Bowtell  3.10* Tom Perry 3.47* Jurica Pavlic 8.18 Rene Bach 7.19 Bradley Wilson Dean 8.75 Joel Andersson 5.62 Victor Palovaara 6.25 Hans Andersen 9.26. Just to add that as far as I am aware Newcastle don't currently have the required licences to employ Aussies or Kiwis and Pavlic and Bach will potentially be in Poland plus Hans may not fancy it and finally the * comes with a 2.5% reduction.

Its a real struggle to come up with names of riders when there aren't many left out there unless the club can pull a rabbit out of the hat and bring in a big surprise name... here's hoping and Good Luck to the up and coming Rob Grant Dynasty. Starting off on the back foot a little this year but if he can build on what is there; going forward I honestly believe the club is now in safe hands...

Good luck bonny lad...

Regards
THJ

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Okay here is attempt No3 and honing it down a bit and working on the premise of who is left and trying to use up all 41 points... and now I have had me Greggs for me dinner I've come up with this lot... oh and a load of crumbs on me keyboard...

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS  
    AVE   -2.50%
1 Claus Vissing  8.43   8.43
2 Max Clegg  5.05   4.93
3 Ondrej Smetana 5.00   5.00
7 James Sarjeant 4.00   3.90

Total: 41.22   41.00

I really would like to see Covatti at Brough but that might not happen for reasons beyond our control and I only stuck Sarj in as he fitted beautifully to take the team to 41 points and again because I haven't heard him mentioned anywhere,

Other names I juggled with were Todd Kurtz 5.43 Alfie  Bowtell  3.10* Tom Perry 3.47* Jurica Pavlic 8.18 Rene Bach 7.19 Bradley Wilson Dean 8.75 Joel Andersson 5.62 Victor Palovaara 6.25 Hans Andersen 9.26. Just to add that as far as I am aware Newcastle don't currently have the required licences to employ Aussies or Kiwis and Pavlic and Bach will potentially be in Poland plus Hans may not fancy it and finally the * comes with a 2.5% reduction.

Its a real struggle to come up with names of riders when there aren't many left out there unless the club can pull a rabbit out of the hat and bring in a big surprise name... here's hoping and Good Luck to the up and coming Rob Grant Dynasty. Starting off on the back foot a little this year but if he can build on what is there; going forward I honestly believe the club is now in safe hands...

Good luck bonny lad...

Regards
THJ

Are you putting any money into the new promotion THJ ?

36 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Are you putting any money into the new promotion THJ ?

If asked I certainly will be, just waiting for the phone to ring...

If not I will still be in the same spot on the terraces and in the bar after the meeting...

Plus I am supporting a couple of riders again this year...

Regards
John

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

If asked I certainly will be, just waiting for the phone to ring...

If not I will still be in the same spot on the terraces and in the bar after the meeting...

Plus I am supporting a couple of riders again this year...

Regards
John

Brilliant, if Rob Grant reads this forum, he can PM me to sort my commission out lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/24/2019 at 1:09 PM, StevePark said:

Far too early for Josh in the Championship.  He needs a full season in the NL.

Having watched Josh in the NL for Leicester this season I was impressed by his tidy style and willingness to go out and attack the track which many others at that level find difficult.

Leicester is probably the nearest shape wise to Newcastle but with more banking so that may of helped.

It will be interesting to see if he can go up a level from a decent NL reserve to a solid second string next year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elmo said:

Having watched Josh in the NL for Leicester this season I was impressed by his tidy style and willingness to go out and attack the track which many others at that level find difficult.

Leicester is probably the nearest shape wise to Newcastle but with more banking so that may of helped.

It will be interesting to see if he can go up a level from a decent NL reserve to a solid second string next year.

I am sure he can if given the chance. He's been knocking on the door for so long, and apart from short stints at Stoke and Birmingham, he hasn't been offered a chance to settle in and get the points he is capable of scoring. I think he needs a full year in a NL team to get used to regular racing, and preparing himself for then looking for a reserve place in the Newcastle team.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I am sure he can if given the chance. He's been knocking on the door for so long, and apart from short stints at Stoke and Birmingham, he hasn't been offered a chance to settle in and get the points he is capable of scoring. I think he needs a full year in a NL team to get used to regular racing, and preparing himself for then looking for a reserve place in the Newcastle team.

If they could build a team around having max at 6 and Josh at 7,that should take a bit of pressure of josh and hopefully give him the experience and maybe pick up the odd point here and there .thats all Dan did really ..give him the chance before someone else takes him ..

4 hours ago, bigred said:

If they could build a team around having max at 6 and Josh at 7,that should take a bit of pressure of josh and hopefully give him the experience and maybe pick up the odd point here and there .thats all Dan did really ..give him the chance before someone else takes him ..

And Dan has had three years to be where he is, and Josh beat him in one of the last NL fixtures. I hope he is not rushed this year and hope there is a NL northern team that will give a ride and a settled place. If only Buxton was to reopen and give the likes of Josh ,Sheldon, Joe A, Kean Dicken and Keiran D  regular rides, and a starter home for Archie when he is ready.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 4

Rob grants black and white army.:drink:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

And Dan has had three years to be where he is, and Josh beat him in one of the last NL fixtures. I hope he is not rushed this year and hope there is a NL northern team that will give a ride and a settled place. If only Buxton was to reopen and give the likes of Josh ,Sheldon, Joe A, Kean Dicken and Keiran D  regular rides, and a starter home for Archie when he is ready.

What about Danyon Hume for a reserve spot Tsunami? lesser riders getting bandied about exciting to watch and English I hope you are keeping well.!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1