British Speedway Forum

Probably will not remember what he has said or done. :drink:to much. :approve:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

No such phrase ( to much ) when beer is on the go & kitchen roll is a must as my big bud THJ will agree with 

Do the Diamonds have a sponsors licence to bring in foreigners, and if so does it transfer automatically to the newco? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Do the Diamonds have a sponsors licence to bring in foreigners, and if so does it transfer automatically to the newco? 

Old promotion are still involved (George) so id imagine anything previous they have now. By the sounds of it Aussies are a struggle.

12 hours ago, crescent girl said:

I don't think they did have a sponsors licence.

19 hours ago, crescent girl said:

I think you know the answers to those questions already Dick

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

I think you know the answers to those questions already Dick

Course he does.

So now the club belongs to Mr. Grant and good on him for putting his cash into our non sensical sport. From the press release I'm to take it he has bought out not only Martin Phillips but also George as well?

There appears to have been very few messages of thanks to Martin who came in when it needed help and has always appeared to try his hardest to move the club forward. I know he didn't always see eye to eye with George but some acknowledgement of his efforts would have been in order, both for him and his wife , Tina, who grafted non stop on race days in the cafe and the shop. 

I wish them well and thank them for keeping the club going under very difficult times.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Currently you only need a licence for non Europeans... and the Diamonds ain't got  one... Come Brexit who knows what paperwork you will need because overnight all them loveable Europeans turn into Johnnie Foreigners...

The best laugh will be when tge SNP get their way and Scotland break away from the union an all them become estranged up there and Glasgow an Edinburgh form a league of two... but ya never know if you play ya cards right they might let Berwick go into the Scottish Speedway League just like ya football team...

Regards 

THJ 

On 11/30/2019 at 5:10 AM, Dandelion said:

As long as we have Max, Matty and Ostergaard in the team and a BIG number 1... Like a 10 pointer or something... I will be excited for next season... I think the Diamonds have missed big number 1s for a while now... A Kenni type rider... Even when we had Steve and Robert they were beatable... I'm just looking forward to what's in store next Tuesday, is the whole team to be announced? Or have they not all been signed up yet?

Any hints THJ? ;) Once you've recovered...

Would love to see Rene too... But cannot actually see it happening :(

How many times do you need told...

Ully ain't coming back...

If you have nowt to do work this lot out and see what it comes too... then I will have an educated guess at the last position...

Vissing Lindgren Wethers Clegg Smetana Bukhave and Mr A N Other possibly ex of the potteries... and a penny to a pound of baccie am not far away... an I'm buying the wooden spoon...

Regards 

THJ 

On 11/30/2019 at 2:17 PM, IronScorpion said:

Yes I can... always...

Well nearly always... sometimes a do need a few reminders just to help the process along...

Starting again on the Saturday at 12 for the football was the hard part...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

How many times do you need told...

Ully ain't coming back...

If you have nowt to do work this lot out and see what it comes too... then I will have an educated guess at the last position...

Vissing Lindgren Wethers Clegg Smetana Bukhave and Mr A N Other possibly ex of the potteries... and a penny to a pound of baccie am not far away... an I'm buying the wooden spoon...

Regards 

THJ 

Good god that is not our team, is it?

Lindgren, Wethers, Bukhave and Clegg, yes please... But no thanks to Vissing and Smetana, and a former Potter? Unless it's Connor Coles as a 2.00 reserve or Lee Complin coming out of retirement... :unsure: I thought Berwick were destine for the wooden spoon... BUT, We should all just be grateful we have speedway at all :)

I do know Smetana, and have seen him ride a few times before... Very good rider actually... But I don't see him taking to Brough very well, and if that's the team we've got surrounding him then god help us all...

Edited by Dandelion

No thanks to Vissing?

He’s the best of that bunch!

• Like 1

So basically, if what you say is right, we're looking at something like...

1. Claus Vissing 8.43 DEN
2. Max Clegg 4.92 GBR
3. Ondrej Smetana 5.00 CZE
4. Matthew Wethers 6.92 AUS
5. Ludvig Lindgren 6.47 SWE
6.  4.26  
7. Jacob Bukhave 4.00 DEN

I'm guessing a former Potter, with the points left and who hasn't got another team, is Tom Perry? Or Ben Wilson if he still rides?

• Like 1