British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

No thanks to Vissing?

He’s the best of that bunch!

Yes, Vissing is a very good rider, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't want him on a 8 and a half... Plus I don't like him (Just my opinion) Seems very hot headed and erratic, inconsistent and not really a number 1... Just my opinion though :) Oh, and he doesn't go round Brough very well either

2 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

So basically, if what you say is right, we're looking at something like...

1. Claus Vissing 8.43 DEN
2. Max Clegg 4.92 GBR
3. Ondrej Smetana 5.00 CZE
4. Matthew Wethers 6.92 AUS
5. Ludvig Lindgren 6.47 SWE
6.  4.26  
7. Jacob Bukhave 4.00 DEN

I'm guessing a former Potter, with the points left and who hasn't got another team, is Tom Perry? Or Ben Wilson if he still rides?

Is that 4.26 or 5.26 left?

Can’t believe someone would go to the bother of taking over Newcastle and then sign such an uninspiring team.

That would just be money down the drain.

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Is that 4.26 or 5.26 left?

You're right it's 5.26... Me head maths ain't the best ^_^ That means Max at reserve at least, good reserves, Max and Jacob

Just now, DC2 said:

Can’t believe someone would go to the bother of taking over Newcastle and then sign such an uninspiring team.

That would just be money down the drain.

Hopefully th last rider is either a gem on a joke average, or it's not really the team and Kenneth Bjerre is announced on Tuesday ^_^ That's why he's dropping Belle Vue

Adam Roynon is always been overlooked , great gater and racer . Low average as he was injured last season . He would do a great job .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonnybegood said:

Adam Roynon is always been overlooked , great gater and racer . Low average as he was injured last season . He would do a great job .

He hates brough

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jonnybegood said:

Forgot about Adam!! I did hear a few weeks back that he is returning? But he is another who HATES Brough... Says he's happy just to finish the meeting in one piece when he's there...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

And just about every season before that.  I like Adam, but he should have quit the sport years ago.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

So basically, if what you say is right, we're looking at something like...

1. Claus Vissing 8.43 DEN
2. Max Clegg 4.92 GBR
3. Ondrej Smetana 5.00 CZE
4. Matthew Wethers 6.92 AUS
5. Ludvig Lindgren 6.47 SWE
6.  4.26  
7. Jacob Bukhave 4.00 DEN

I'm guessing a former Potter, with the points left and who hasn't got another team, is Tom Perry? Or Ben Wilson if he still rides?

Gino Manzares is desperate to come back to England i think his average is around 4 something.

Edited by Winditon
Wrong spelling

20 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Yes, Vissing is a very good rider, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't want him on a 8 and a half... Plus I don't like him (Just my opinion) Seems very hot headed and erratic, inconsistent and not really a number 1... Just my opinion though :) Oh, and he doesn't go round Brough very well either

Agree. He's 8.5 without having ridden in heat 13 or 15 much last season (it matters). Riding at 1 he'll struggle to average 7 IMO. 

But no point in complaining about the team.  It is what it is and money aside and starting after everyone else aside we're just not an attractive proposition to the majority of riders.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Winditon said:

Gino Manzares is desperate to come back to England i think his average is around 4 something.

Not coming back this year full time. 

1 minute ago, Winditon said:

Good shout, would like to see Gino in Britain... How about Aaron Fox? He made a good name for himself guesting for us ^_^

Just now, enotian said:

Agree. He's 8.5 without having ridden in heat 13 or 15 much last season (it matters). Riding at 1 he'll struggle to average 7 IMO. 

But no point in complaining about the team.  It is what it is and money aside and starting after everyone else aside we're just not an attractive proposition to the majority of riders.

I think he's a 7.5 rider at best tbh... Might kick on next season, who knows?

We can still have a solid team without a big name... We just need 6.5/7 pointers all through the 1-5 and two strong reserves (Max and Jacob?)