British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Him saying it. 

I think you'll find if he got a team place he'd be over like a shot

28 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Gino Manzares is desperate to come back to England i think his average is around 4 something.

Just thinking about him

34 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Good shout, would like to see Gino in Britain... How about Aaron Fox? He made a good name for himself guesting for us ^_^

I doubt Fox would get a work permit

1 hour ago, Winditon said:

Gino Manzares is desperate to come back to England i think his average is around 4 something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

So basically, if what you say is right, we're looking at something like...

1. Claus Vissing 8.43 DEN
2. Max Clegg 4.92 GBR
3. Ondrej Smetana 5.00 CZE
4. Matthew Wethers 6.92 AUS
5. Ludvig Lindgren 6.47 SWE
6.  4.26  
7. Jacob Bukhave 4.00 DEN

I'm guessing a former Potter, with the points left and who hasn't got another team, is Tom Perry? Or Ben Wilson if he still rides?

Wow that got a bit of action going like eh....

Honestly I'm guessing too... however look whose left... and I mean rationally look... because of not knowing whether they were running or not Newcastle left it late to secure riders... one slick promoter had his team sorted before the end of September and the longer Newcastle left it the less riders there were to choose from and we also have the disadvantage of being a Sunday track... I hope I am totally wrong however I have put some thought into it and the more riders other clubs declare really starts to narrow down the options on riders available to the Diamonds..

My other guess referring to a Stoke rider is only because Dave Tatum is supporting Rob and for that reason and connection only is why I have suggested Stoke.. Could be a total red herring and fake news but these rumours start somewhere... see below...

1 hour ago, JCookie said:

https://twitter.com/Ad_Royno4/status/1200179986482782210?s=19

His last tweet may be total coincidence, or it may not?

You can't beat a good conspiracy theory though eh... no coincidence as Adam is a massive Liverpool fan so I am guessing (again) the reference is to the toon draw against city (football)... not that he is joining the Diamonds... 

But a like the way ya thinking...

Come Tuesday and many of the questions will be answered

Not long now...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

Adam Roynon is always been overlooked , great gater and racer . Low average as he was injured last season . He would do a great job .

No no and again please no, I mean no disrespect to Adam Roynon and have always liked the lad and feel a bit for him but he is far to accident prom and not always his fault it has to be said IMO, but if Adam was to ride for us my heart would always be in my mouth and it would be a case of when not if he became injured. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Wow that got a bit of action going like eh....

Honestly I'm guessing too... however look whose left... and I mean rationally look... because of not knowing whether they were running or not Newcastle left it late to secure riders... one slick promoter had his team sorted before the end of September and the longer Newcastle left it the less riders there were to choose from and we also have the disadvantage of being a Sunday track... I hope I am totally wrong however I have put some thought into it and the more riders other clubs declare really starts to narrow down the options on riders available to the Diamonds..

My other guess referring to a Stoke rider is only because Dave Tatum is supporting Rob and for that reason and connection only is why I have suggested Stoke.. Could be a total red herring and fake news but these rumours start somewhere... see below...

Well I hope you're wrong too :) Plenty of other riders that haven't been signed up yet who could make a solid team, even ones who didn't ride the Championship in 2019... And I honestly can't see Ludvig back :(

Personally I'd love to see the first team, with a BIG number 1, Bjarne type rider (But really cannot see it) and a solid number 5, Rene/Ludvig type rider

Or the second team with a couple 7ish pointers filling 1 and 5, Rene and MPT or something, I dunno

Still got me Danny King dream alive too, even though everyone knows he's signed for Poole...

2. Max Clegg 4.92 GBR
3. Joel Andersson 5.62 SWE
6. Danyon Hume 3.19 GBR

Left: 16.35

Or

2. Max Clegg 4.92 GBR
3. Victor Palovaara 6.25 SWE
6. Jacob Bukhave 4.00 DEN
7. Connor Mountain 4.61 GBR

Left: 14.30

I've only not used Ulrich because THJ is adamant he's not back... I'm not sure how well the wild style of Danyon Hume would suit Brough Park?

There's also 2.00ers like Connor Coles and Joe Lawlor to consider? Or even the possibility of new faces to British speedway... Mikkel Michelsen did say he was doing British speedway did he not? ;) A woman can dream lol...

Again these are all just guesses and dreams for a bit of fun, either way I am just happy we have a team and I'd like to thank everyone who has been in charge of us these last couple of seasons for keeping us afloat... Hopefully we can have a bit of stability now as it feels we've been passed around a bit and have had to start late team building the last three season!!

Edited by Dandelion

1 hour ago, mike7164 said:

No no and again please no, I mean no disrespect to Adam Roynon and have always liked the lad and feel a bit for him but he is far to accident prom and not always his fault it has to be said IMO, but if Adam was to ride for us my heart would always be in my mouth and it would be a case of when not if he became injured. 

REALLY like Adam, but I personally wouldn't like to see him return full time, he has a wife and kids who must have been through hell with him being a speedway rider... Just come back for Plymouth only or something please

43 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Well I hope you're wrong too :) Plenty of other riders that haven't been signed up yet who could make a solid team, even ones who didn't ride the Championship in 2019... And I honestly can't see Ludvig back :(

Personally I'd love to see the first team, with a BIG number 1, Bjarne type rider (But really cannot see it) and a solid number 5, Rene/Ludvig type rider

Or the second team with a couple 7ish pointers filling 1 and 5, Rene and MPT or something, I dunno

Still got me Danny King dream alive too, even though everyone knows he's signed for Poole...

2. Max Clegg 4.92 GBR
3. Joel Andersson 5.62 SWE
6. Danyon Hume 3.19 GBR

Left: 16.35

Or

2. Max Clegg 4.92 GBR
3. Victor Palovaara 6.25 SWE
6. Jacob Bukhave 4.00 DEN
7. Connor Mountain 4.61 GBR

Left: 14.30

I've only not used Ulrich because THJ is adamant he's not back... I'm not sure how well the wild style of Danyon Hume would suit Brough Park?

There's also 2.00ers like Connor Coles and Joe Lawlor to consider? Or even the possibility of new faces to British speedway... Mikkel Michelsen did say he was doing British speedway did he not? ;) A woman can dream lol...

Again these are all just guesses and dreams for a bit of fun, either way I am just happy we have a team and I'd like to thank everyone who has been in charge of us these last couple of seasons for keeping us afloat... Hopefully we can have a bit of stability now as it feels we've been passed around a bit and have had to start late team building the last three season!!

Maybe Ben Morley on a 3.71 average could do a job at reserve on the tight Brough Park track. He’s a sharp gater and has spent the last two seasons in the Championship riding at No 2 for both Lakeside & Eastbourne ( both tight turning tracks ). So having a stint at reserve would possibly see his average rise by 1 to 1.5 points. It’s not rocket science as everyone knows you only win league titles if your riders increase their average.

Edited by dave1075

1 hour ago, dave1075 said:

Maybe Ben Morley on a 3.71 average could do a job at reserve on the tight Brough Park track. He’s a sharp gater and has spent the last two seasons in the Championship riding at No 2 for both Lakeside & Eastbourne ( both tight turning tracks ). So having a stint at reserve would possibly see his average rise by 1 to 1.5 points. It’s not rocket science as everyone knows you only win league titles if your riders increase their average.

I do like Ben Morley, but would he ride for us? I guess if he has no other offers he wouldn't turn us down, but we'll see, seems like a very southern based rider to me, which of course I know doesn't mean much... Morley in either of them teams over Danyon or Mountain would be ok too

I expected him to be at Kent, Poole or Somerset tbh... Would love to see Ben in Newcastle kevlars in 2020... As long as Jacob is his reserve partner and Max is also in the team... Would leave plenty of points for a solid top 4... We find out tomorrow anyway... Wonder how many names will be revealed at the talk in, THJ? :)

Edited by Dandelion

6 hours ago, arnieg said:

I doubt Fox would get a work permit

Why not? What's the rules? Why would Gino be allowed but not Aaron, is it to do with his average?