British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, dave1075 said:

Connor Mountain or Danyon Hume could be an option.

Connor Mountain would be good shout imho. Rides small technical tracks very competently.

Smetana also had on his Twitter two days ago that he is looking for a club to join in the uk so I doubt if Newcastle have signed most of there riders that one would be him. 

5 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Why not? What's the rules? Why would Gino be allowed but not Aaron, is it to do with his average?

Work permits are dependent on top five placing in American Championship. Gino was third but Fox only rode in one round

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

Work permits are dependent on top five placing in American Championship. Gino was third but Fox only rode in one round

Not just the rider having to finish in a top five placing in the AC but for the employing club who would need to obtain a work permit/licence before a Yank could ride for them... and this licence is even more complicated to obtain than the one required when employing an Aussie. The club would need this licence before they could employ any American...

So its a moot point... Without this licence the club won't be employing any Americans...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy

Yep.Yep,Yep He is on his way..

27 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Now there is a morale to this story and if you read the following I think it explains where and what the issue is?

A new Female and Male department store has opened in Newcastle...

WOMEN...

This department store has opened in Newcastle that sells men and a Woman decides to visit it in search of a husband.
At the store’s entrance, there’s a sign outlining the department store policy.
The first rule states that you can only enter the store once.
There are six floors and on each floor you can choose a husband or elect to move on to the next floor.
You cannot visit a floor more than once other than to leave the building.
So this Woman visits the first floor.
The sign reads:
· Men with jobs.
She moves on to the second floor:
· Men with jobs that adore children.
She moves on to the third floor where the sign reads:
· Wealthy men that adore children and are very handsome.
She thinks to herself, "that's a very good deal" yet moves on to the fourth floor:
· Wealthy men that adore children, are very handsome and help with the household chores.
She decides to move on as things are constantly improving:
· Wealthy men that adore children, are very handsome, help with the household chores and are very romantic.
So the Woman is about to make her purchase but can't resist moving on to the sixth floor.
There the sign reads:
· You are visitor number 31,956,012 on this floor.
· There are no men here.
· This floor exists as proof that it is impossible to please women.

See you just wont have it... you keep asking for not just the improbable but the impossible...

By the way the MEN's store is directly opposite…

So the other department store opened that sold women. The sign on the first floor reads:
· Women that love sex.
On the second floor the sign reads:
· Women that love sex and are wealthy.
On the third floor the sign reads:
· Women that love sex, are wealthy and have large breasts.

Not a single man has visited the fourth floor.

I rest my case

Regards
THJ

If they had a fourth floor that added 'do not nag' that might get a couple of visitors, or would it be beyond the realms of possibility?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Now there is a morale to this story and if you read the following I think it explains where and what the issue is?

A new Female and Male department store has opened in Newcastle...

WOMEN...

This department store has opened in Newcastle that sells men and a Woman decides to visit it in search of a husband.
At the store’s entrance, there’s a sign outlining the department store policy.
The first rule states that you can only enter the store once.
There are six floors and on each floor you can choose a husband or elect to move on to the next floor.
You cannot visit a floor more than once other than to leave the building.
So this Woman visits the first floor.
The sign reads:
· Men with jobs.
She moves on to the second floor:
· Men with jobs that adore children.
She moves on to the third floor where the sign reads:
· Wealthy men that adore children and are very handsome.
She thinks to herself, "that's a very good deal" yet moves on to the fourth floor:
· Wealthy men that adore children, are very handsome and help with the household chores.
She decides to move on as things are constantly improving:
· Wealthy men that adore children, are very handsome, help with the household chores and are very romantic.
So the Woman is about to make her purchase but can't resist moving on to the sixth floor.
There the sign reads:
· You are visitor number 31,956,012 on this floor.
· There are no men here.
· This floor exists as proof that it is impossible to please women.

See you just wont have it... you keep asking for not just the improbable but the impossible...

By the way the MEN's store is directly opposite…

So the other department store opened that sold women. The sign on the first floor reads:
· Women that love sex.
On the second floor the sign reads:
· Women that love sex and are wealthy.
On the third floor the sign reads:
· Women that love sex, are wealthy and have large breasts.

Not a single man has visited the fourth floor.

I rest my case

Regards
THJ

Don't know where you get them from THJ but there good value, might even send that one wor lass !

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, mac101 said:

would have both ruml boys if going for Americans 

So... which part of...  (as quoted from THJ's post) "Without this licence the club won't be employing any Americans..."  do you not understand???

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Well I hope you're wrong too :) Plenty of other riders that haven't been signed up yet who could make a solid team, even ones who didn't ride the Championship in 2019... And I honestly can't see Ludvig back :(

Personally I'd love to see the first team, with a BIG number 1, Bjarne type rider (But really cannot see it) and a solid number 5, Rene/Ludvig type rider

Or the second team with a couple 7ish pointers filling 1 and 5, Rene and MPT or something, I dunno

Still got me Danny King dream alive too, even though everyone knows he's signed for Poole...

2. Max Clegg 4.92 GBR
3. Joel Andersson 5.62 SWE
4. Matthew Wethers 6.92 AUS
6. Danyon Hume 3.19 GBR
7. Jacob Bukhave 4.00 DEN

Left: 16.35

Or

2. Max Clegg 4.92 GBR
3. Victor Palovaara 6.25 SWE
4. Matthew Wethers 6.92 AUS
6. Jacob Bukhave 4.00 DEN
7. Connor Mountain 4.61 GBR

Left: 14.30

I've only not used Ulrich because THJ is adamant he's not back... I'm not sure how well the wild style of Danyon Hume would suit Brough Park?

There's also 2.00ers like Connor Coles and Joe Lawlor to consider? Or even the possibility of new faces to British speedway... Mikkel Michelsen did say he was doing British speedway did he not? ;) A woman can dream lol...

Again these are all just guesses and dreams for a bit of fun, either way I am just happy we have a team and I'd like to thank everyone who has been in charge of us these last couple of seasons for keeping us afloat... Hopefully we can have a bit of stability now as it feels we've been passed around a bit and have had to start late team building the last three season!!

Joe lawlor already sorted im afraid

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, StevePark said:

I'd imagine he'd still take an offer up this season if it comes along as he could be forgot about again the season after but who knows 

3 hours ago, Winditon said:

I'd imagine he'd still take an offer up this season if it comes along as he could be forgot about again the season after but who knows 

I think you are missing the point, that Steve Park, (and THJ), is making. Newcastle, do not have a sponsors licence, so he could not get a work permit and visa. A sponsors licence is also not picked up quickly.

Edited by sidewinder
  • Like 3