British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Dinosaur said:

Rasmus Jensen will be our No 1. 

If only that were the truth I could die a happy woman... Next you'll be telling me Ludvig and Rene are the other two heatleaders :) With Max and Matty as back up

Do you have this from a source? Or just a pure guess, as I heard Rasmus wasn't doing Championship next year and I assume he'll be doing Poland?

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 2

1. Rasmus Jensen 9.05 DEN
2. Max Clegg 4.92 GBR
3. Ludvig Lindgren 6.47 SWE
4. Matthew Wethers 6.92 AUS
5. Rene Bach 7.19 DEN
6. Jacob Bukhave 4.00 DEN
7. Connor Coles 2.00 GBR

Total: 40.55

It actually fits :wub::party: Swap Connor for Henry Atkins/Joe Lawlor/David Wallinger... Heck even Josh Embleton and I still see that team doing A LOT... Not that it would happen in a million, billion years xD

Did Ludvig leave under Martin Phillips or George? Who did he fall out with? What was the actual story?

What's the deal with Carl Wilkinson? Is he still around and riding? Or has he given up now?

Edited by Dandelion
  • Sad 1

Now the BSPA have become a Limited Company as a collective, couldn't they, as the umbrella organisation, sponsor the riders to come over?

Would surely work out easier one person/group, within the organisation doing every Visa application rather than each club doing their own, and mean individual clubs under new ownership can still get riders...

And a National Sporting body must surely carry more weight behind it than individual clubs, especially in the eyes of those decision makers who will want clear belief that any visa restrictions will be managed and controlled as agreed..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

Now the BSPA have become a Limited Company as a collective, couldn't they, as the umbrella organisation, sponsor the riders to come over?

Would surely work out easier one person/group, within the organisation doing every Visa application rather than each club doing their own, and mean individual clubs under new ownership can still get riders...

And a National Sporting body must surely carry more weight behind it than individual clubs, especially in the eyes of those decision makers who will want clear belief that any visa restrictions will be managed and controlled as agreed..

Honestly

I know I can be a tad long winded at times and if I went into this properly chapter and verse it would fill a page and a half however I have a busy day today so the short answer is "No; it cant be done"; (yet) the system is so complicated it borders on total madness...

Certain countries carry different status look on the UK-GOV.UK web site and there is everything from Tier 2 to Tier 5 visas and all the implications that these entail. Its not the clubs or the BSPA its the Government that create the rules. Its not as easy as just sponsoring someones application. This is why some riders officially cant ride in both leagues; do individual meetings or in one crazy instance I believe guest.

If you think the product is watered down now just wait until Brexit kicks in and if Europeans need to jump through these hoops and obtain visas via a complicated process it may result in these guys saying its just not worth it and not come to the UK whatsoever

Visa applications; sponsors licences and the work permit system is an absolute minefield even for someone with a construction business who wanted to employ a Polish bricklaying squad it was an absolute "Bawl Ache" and they were Europeans.

Regards
THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

I know I can be a tad long winded at times and if I went into this properly chapter and verse it would fill a page and a half however I have a busy day today so the short answer is "No; it cant be done"; (yet) the system is so complicated it borders on total madness...

Certain countries carry different status look on the UK-GOV.UK web site and there is everything from Tier 2 to Tier 5 visas and all the implications that these entail. Its not the clubs or the BSPA its the Government that create the rules. Its not as easy as just sponsoring someones application. This is why some riders officially cant ride in both leagues; do individual meetings or in one crazy instance I believe guest.

If you think the product is watered down now just wait until Brexit kicks in and if Europeans need to jump through these hoops and obtain visas via a complicated process it may result in these guys saying its just not worth it and not come to the UK whatsoever

Visa applications; sponsors licences and the work permit system is an absolute minefield even for someone with a construction business who wanted to employ a Polish bricklaying squad it was an absolute "Bawl Ache" and they were Europeans.

Regards
THJ 

Cheers for the info John...

Sounds like post Brexit those who complain the UK lads don't get enough team slots may be quite pleased...

Will it go to three a side..? :D

• Haha 1

Just now, mikebv said:

Cheers for the info John...

Sounds like post Brexit those who complain the UK lads don't get enough team slots may be quite pleased...

Will it go to three a side..? :D

Well I have given up on pushing 6 man teams.... so three a side.... never say never...

We had given up on 2 point reserves and regionalisation of leagues and they have both landed in... albeit the regionalisation being used in the championship isn't quite how it was envisaged but it should work and offer savings to clubs.

So maybe four man teams and leagues set up on a four team tournament and round robin basis.... Hmm... now there's an idea... wonder if that's been done before...

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well I have given up on pushing 6 man teams.... so three a side.... never say never...

We had given up on 2 point reserves and regionalisation of leagues and they have both landed in... albeit the regionalisation being used in the championship isn't quite how it was envisaged but it should work and offer savings to clubs.

So maybe four man teams and leagues set up on a four team tournament and round robin basis.... Hmm... now there's an idea... wonder if that's been done before...

Regards
THJ

YES, Denmark. :P:D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Signing announcements tonight. 

Claus Vissing, Matthew Wethers and Max Clegg to be announced imo. 

Is it Claus Vissing or Rasmus Jensen?

4 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Is it Claus Vissing or Rasmus Jensen?

Well Jensen has said about a billion times he isn’t riding champ. 

15 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Signing announcements tonight. 

Claus Vissing, Matthew Wethers and Max Clegg to be announced imo. 

I would hope it'll be more than that. It says 'most' and 3 is less than half;)