British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Needs a visa sponsorship thingy, which we don't have.

Does that mean Newcastle can sign only British riders?

How did you manage with Matt Wethers?

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Does that mean Newcastle can sign only British riders?

How did you manage with Matt Wethers?

British passport 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Shearer09 said:

Zaine Kennedy 

I am surprised that Zaine Kennedy doesnt have a club, he was on my wish list

Well, if it’s just Brits, Newcastle are in trouble because Connor Mountain on 4.73 looks like the highest averaged unsigned rider!

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Well, if it’s just Brits, Newcastle are in trouble because Connor Mountain on 4.73 looks like the highest averaged unsigned rider!

A think they can sign European riders ok,,, atm.

32 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Needs a visa sponsorship thingy, which we don't have.

I was on the wind up it’s a shame though he would be decent as would josh Mcdonald 

19 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A think they can sign European riders ok,,, atm.

Oh, thanks. Not quite as bad then. Vissing, Hans Andersen and Mathias Nielsen would be good! Or ex-Somerset Grobauer or Jonas B Anderson.

Hans Andersen

Clegg

Mountain

Wethers

Vissing

M Nielsen

Phillips

Edited by DC2

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Oh, thanks. Not quite as bad then. Vissing, Hans Andersen and Mathias Nielsen would be good! Or ex-Somerset Grobauer.

Hans Andersen

Clegg

Mountain

Wethers

Vissing

M Nielsen

Phillips

Dunno, maybe,,,

Vissing 

Bjerre 

Ludde

Mountain 

Bowtell

1 hour ago, Shearer09 said:

Zaine Kennedy 

At the minute Kennedy doesn't have a team in either league over here.

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

What about Connor Mountain at reserve?

Regards
THJ

Was impressed with him at Berwick this season 

• Like 1

For Xmas Santa I would like N.Pedersen,KBjerre,Michael palm Toft and no Danny Phillips or Ludvig but his big brother can come instead.Lol

It was a good night, well attended, and as Dalbers said, congrats to the fans for the most disciplined fans meeting we have ever had. Could agree with that as I think we were all in anticipation of what was being revealed, and everything was very positive. Rob's not the young lad he was, and is now a accomplished successful businessman who wants to bring success to Newcastle Speedway, and mix it with his other business interests to brighten things up and make meetings more entertaining for both adults and kids. Talk of fairground rides both in the carpark and inside the entry area to be open when the gates open at 5.30, but that could be revised at some stage. Two riders announced Max and Matty so everyone happy with them, two more signings I think at the end of this week, another two the week after and the final one at the Xmas Party at the PTE on Fri 20th Dec, prices with a buffet £8 with other reduced prices. First meeting on the Sun 29th March will be the 90th anniversary meeting held over, and prices will be £10 per adult and concessions £5. The field will be made up of the current team, plus a lot of previous Diamonds. Rob has talked to Bjarne not necessarily to ride, but to be there to meet everyone again. He is also going to talk to Nikki and KB. George pointed out that with the meeting being early season, unlike last year,  and with the early Ben Fund Meeting, most riders will be looking for rides before the season starts proper. Good point. Season ticket prices currently under discussion and they will cover the 16 league meetings plus the KO Cup match, but not the 90th Anniversary meeting as that's already been discounted down to £10 per adult. Meetings in future with be ramped up with attractions and maybe stunt riders on the centre green, special events for the kids mainly aiming for 7-9 years old. Music to be really ramped up so that there is no standing doing nothing and no music for atmosphere. Something will be going on all the time so there is no dull moment. The meeting will be going on as usual, but the extra entertainment will not delay the proceedings and the first meeting will always will be followed by a second half for junior racing. The Gems will be continued and new riders will be encouraged in order to build up a stock of young riders. Rob said 6 riders have been signed and talks are still on going with the 7th rider. All riders were capable of increasing their averages and all want to ride for Newcastle. The ownership of the speedway in now in the hands of Rob jnr, being the single shareholder, George and Dave Tattum as Co Promoters, Neil Machen as adviser and Dalbers as the club Secretary. Special thanks went to Vaughan Jones who has worked alongside everyone during the transition period, and guided the promotion to a successful conclusion from the previous promotion. Vaughan and Tim Scott had been in a similar position in about 2002 advising George, Darryl and myself.

At the end of the night I would say there was a full room of fans leaving the room pleased at what they had heard, and looking forward to more info about the team and the meeting arrangements. See you all at the Xmas party PTE on Fri 20th Dec for more surprises and news.

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Shearer09 said:

I was on the wind up it’s a shame though he would be decent as would josh Mcdonald 

I think that was  when it was mentioned that we didn't have the licence for visas, when fans wanted us to go for him.

• Like 1

Vissing has no improvement on his average at all so could be a different number 1? Although to be fair I don’t think Clegg or Wethers does and they’re first signings so doesn’t really mean a lot

• Haha 1