British Speedway Forum

19 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

George said at the meeting that no one would guess who or which rider he has coming in and it will be a big shock and he said people will be asking how did they get him....

So.... who would be a big surprise?

Well this brings me back to Jurica Pavlic.... So maybe no Smetana or Buckhave...

Guessing I reckon that Pavlica would come in on a maximum average of 8.18... hopefully less...

This is a total guess but it won't be an Aussie or Yank as we don't (currently) have the correct paperwork to employ guys from these countries and it isn't going to be Bjarne (at least not this year as Rob has apparently spoken to him) so it will be interesting to see who it actually is... however we are restricted in who we can get so a big(ish) European (or Brit) who is not tied to Poland?

I won't be Adam Ellis as he is off elsewhere as is Danny King...

Av got it.... Andre Compton is making a come back... lol... how did we get him... oh hang on Pepe Franc.... forgot a bout laal Pepe...

That's it sorted

Regards
THJ

Pavlic seems to be one of Gniezno's top riders for next year, so I can't see him giving up Poland.

Matthias Nielsen has signed for Torun as a reserve, he is a decent U21 Dane, so might fit the bill, but would anyone be thinking "how did they get him"?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Pavlic seems to be one of Gniezno's top riders for next year, so I can't see him giving up Poland.

Matthias Nielsen has signed for Torun as a reserve, he is a decent U21 Dane, so might fit the bill, but would anyone be thinking "how did they get him"?

I’m sure Gniezno are in the second division a Saturday track. I wouldn’t mind Nielsen though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shearer09 said:

I’m sure Gniezno are in the second division a Saturday track. I wouldn’t mind Nielsen though. 

It would be a good signing in Pavlic, if it was achievable. He'd be excellent around BP. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

George said at the meeting that no one would guess who or which rider he has coming in and it will be a big shock and he said people will be asking how did they get him....

So.... who would be a big surprise?

Well this brings me back to Jurica Pavlic.... So maybe no Smetana or Buckhave...

Guessing I reckon that Pavlica would come in on a maximum average of 8.18... hopefully less...

This is a total guess but it won't be an Aussie or Yank as we don't (currently) have the correct paperwork to employ guys from these countries and it isn't going to be Bjarne (at least not this year as Rob has apparently spoken to him) so it will be interesting to see who it actually is... however we are restricted in who we can get so a big(ish) European (or Brit) who is not tied to Poland?

I won't be Adam Ellis as he is off elsewhere as is Danny King...

Av got it.... Andre Compton is making a come back... lol... how did we get him... oh hang on Pepe Franc.... forgot a bout laal Pepe...

That's it sorted

Regards
THJ

Its gotta be Robbo ;)

Just wondering if he's ridden in Britain before and, if you can use a 12+ rider for 'team building' purposes only?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Ew. No Jonas B Andersen, he hates Brough anyway, and I've got to be honest I've never even heard of Birkmose... Mind you that doesn't mean I'm writing him off, just saying it's a new name to me... Seems there's a lot of good young Danes, we need the next great Dane at Brough... Shouldn't they be 4.00 though? That's what Mikkel B Andersen was for Glasgow last year was he not? And Sam Jensen? I'm probably wrong lol

Mikkel B Andersen came in on 5.2 originally, as do all of the Danes who have ridden in their top league it seems.

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/files/downloads/c18_issue_3.pdf

Except Sam Jensen was a 5.

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/files/downloads/c19_issue_27.pdf

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Its gotta be Robbo ;)

Just wondering if he's ridden in Britain before and, if you can use a 12+ rider for 'team building' purposes only?

30 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Is Hans Andersen doing Poland next season ?

Yes Robbo has definitely ridden in this country...

Pavlic would come in on 8.18 I reckon (or less) as he rode for Swindon in 2008 and 09...

Hans could be an option as I pointed out weeks ago and is definely another to consider IMHO...

Regards 

THJ  

14 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ  

No man,,, a didn't mean has Robbo ridden in Britain, a meant has the new or new/old guy ridden here before???

Ye silly sausage. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Pavlic would come in on 8.18 I reckon (or less) as he rode for Swindon in 2008 and 09...

Hans could be an option as I pointed out weeks ago and is definely another to consider IMHO...

Regards 

THJ  

Pavlic feels like an odd name to be touting after 10 years away from the UK.

That average as well, would have thought Rosco would have been doing everything to have got him in over or for Lawmpart last season.

Haven't seen him mentioned in any 'wish lists' for next year in a long time either! 

Would have thought a top 2 of Hans and Vissing is more realistic if Clegg is starting in the 1-5

Although if you are right it would definitely show up a lot of the Premiership clubs! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Birkmose is the 15yo kid that rode in Denmark last year and beat ALOT of top riders. He has signed in Poland but can't see him getting many rides

Assessed averages used to go on what league level they ride in other countries. I remember Jacob would have come over on a 4 but he signed for a team in the league above (whilst not ever riding for them) so had to come in on a 5

Sounds like a good talent then :) Look forward to hearing his name in the future...

6 hours ago, JCookie said:

It would be a good signing in Pavlic, if it was achievable. He'd be excellent around BP. 

Where has Pavlic's name randomly come from? Was something mentioned at some point that I missed? It seems like a completely random name plucked from thin air tbh... And I don't just mean this comment, he's been mentioned a few times...

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

Mikkel B Andersen came in on 5.2 originally, as do all of the Danes who have ridden in their top league it seems.

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/files/downloads/c18_issue_3.pdf

Except Sam Jensen was a 5.

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/files/downloads/c19_issue_27.pdf

Sam Jensen must have had the 'Glasgow' reduction that only Glasgow are allowed... Aussies on a 2.00 rather than a 4.00 and Danes on a 5.00 rather than a 5.20 ;)

What I want to know... Is this unknown rider no one would guess the same rider that is the big shock, hitter at number 1?

2 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Where has Pavlic's name randomly come from? Was something mentioned at some point that I missed? It seems like a completely random name plucked from thin air tbh... And I don't just mean this comment, he's been mentioned a few times...

Sam Jensen must have had the 'Glasgow' reduction that only Glasgow are allowed... Aussies on a 2.00 rather than a 4.00 and Danes on a 5.00 rather than a 5.20 ;)

What I want to know... Is this unknown rider no one would guess the same rider that is the big shock, hitter at number 1?

The aussie on a 2 has a British born Mother and has a British passport and has chosen to be British , unlike some of our British born Aussies that used the system and have chosen to ride for Australia.Connor wants to ride for GB not Australia. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Oh so you do recognise the process but don't get the irony....

Honestly I would call you an idiot but that would be an insult to idiot's 

It's a puppet man...

Regards 

THJ