British Speedway Forum

Personally I think it’s a good start considering how late we are, I remember seeing James around brough once and I said that I thought he would go far, I haven’t been for a while due to family reasons but looking at the side and the potential for the last 2 I think it might be time to return 

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Bjerre & Lindgren possibly. I think with the last two riders getting announced at the xmas do I've a feeling both will be there and with their connections to stay over in Newcastle. Just my guess.

Given Rene connections to the north east I hope it’s him 

50 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Underwhelmed.

Mountain is a good signing, Vissing not a number one, too inconsistent.

Wright! Now that is a gamble. Don't think he'll be reduced to a 2 pointer , possible reduced to 3:5?,  so an even bigger gamble.

Hope the next two are good heat leaders or I might not bother renewing my season ticket and just pick n choose my matches.

If he's inconsistent at 8..43 that'll do me

He'll be on a 4 but is still riding grass pretty good. A surprise signing, but a good gamble to have to only beat a 4 average and could be a match winner.

One minute people are decrying the loss of the club hoping someone will come in, and then when someone does "I don't think I'll go or I'll just and choose me meetings. :o:nono:

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Hell be on a 4 but is still riding grass pretty good. A surprise signing, but a good gamble to have to only beat a 4 average and could be a match winner.

One minute people are decrying the loss of the club hoping someone will come in, and then when someone does "I don't think I'll go or I'll just and choose me meetings. :o:nono:

This forum is about opinions, you have yours Dave, I've said mine.

I've ' supported ' a number of new promotions over the years and not decryed anything but my pension will be spent wisely. I'll be there at the start as I may get a surprise, let's hope so .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Hell be on a 4 but is still riding grass pretty good. A surprise signing, but a good gamble to have to only beat a 4 average and could be a match winner.

Yeah dave I'm sure a group back in the 80's called bucksfizz sang a song called ( making my mind up ) for the meeting pickers ha

4 minutes ago, andys said:

There's alway one isn't there ffs the teams  coming together nicely why not just get behind the new owner and enjoy the season like the rest of us are doing or just keep your negativey to yourself

Well said. A few weeks ago it looked like we wouldn't have speedway. Give Rob a chance

25 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Underwhelmed.

Wright! Now that is a gamble. Don't think he'll be reduced to a 2 pointer , possible reduced to 3:5?,  so an even bigger gamble.

Hope the next two are good heat leaders or I might not bother renewing my season ticket and just pick n choose my matches.

At 8.43 cant to too inconsistent ,there are No1’ last season who didn’t achieve that average.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Underwhelmed.

Well the team on paper looked good this season. & Apart from the 2 returnees we were poor .. so let's all give young rob a million % backing on this season ahead or if we do ever run into trouble cash wise that could spell the end of speedway at Newcastle si let's be positive on next season as we are racing again happy days ahead

Edited by pienpeesman
Mistake
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

At 8.43 cant to too inconsistent ,there are No1’ last season who didn’t achieve that average.

the point being that averages are misleading. Having not ridden in the majority of heat 13 and 15's last season whilst third heatleader for Glasgow, Vissing will now be in both heats week in week out.  Who knows he might have still averaged above 8 had he rode in those heats last season so he might retain his average but he'll have to defeat better riders to do so now he's our #1.

• Like 1

Having listened to most of you moaning on the terraces last season , those that still attended each week, you now all want to back the new promotion, which is great but I have an opinion and I've said it.  

The crowd will be good at the first few matches and, if we sign two good riders more, then I hope it stays that way. All I'm saying is I think we need the final two signings to be strong ones, but you can all have a go at me for having that opinion. Having attended since the Olsen days I think I've given the club plenty of support over the years , thank you.

• Like 2

Really pleased Newcastle are coming to the tapes for 2020. I know what it was like last year for us Bandits fans wondering if we would be seeing speedway in 2019, it's not a nice situation to be in. Your team is now taking shape and with over 12pts to play with for last 2 places a decent looking team is shaping up. Good luck to Granty nice to see another young promoter in place.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1