British Speedway Forum

I think it was THJ the other day that said, even if the riders who get signed now don't cut it, in about 1-2 months into the season the non riding squad players in the Polish teams will be looking for a team in the way that Lewis Rose suddenly signed, and also with Tero.    

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, enotian said:

the point being that averages are misleading. Having not ridden in the majority of heat 13 and 15's last season whilst third heatleader for Glasgow, Vissing will now be in both heats week in week out.  Who knows he might have still averaged above 8 had he rode in those heats last season so he might retain his average but he'll have to defeat better riders to do so now he's our #1.

Possibly It’s a strength in depth Team.How many No1’s averaged over 9.Glasgow certainly have changed their thinking for next season.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Underwhelmed.

Mountain is a good signing, Vissing not a number one, too inconsistent.

Wright! Now that is a gamble. Don't think he'll be reduced to a 2 pointer , possible reduced to 3:5?,  so an even bigger gamble.

Hope the next two are good heat leaders or I might not bother renewing my season ticket and just pick n choose my matches.

i think at this point it would be a good idea to remember that three weeks ago we didn't have a club let alone a team, so i would recommend being a bit more positive and getting behind the club

40 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

I'm sure Newcastle have had Wrights average comfirmed already ,as the final two riders will already be sorted

Correct... we were told the next two will be announced at the Xmas party...

25 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I think it was THJ the other day that said, even if the riders who get signed now don't cut it, in about 1-2 months into the season the non riding squad players in the Polish teams will be looking for a team in the way that Lewis Rose suddenly signed, and also with Tero.    

You know the craic Dave... and if we do swap out riders I guarantee we won't be the only ones... or the first either for that matter...

29 minutes ago, Normski said:

Really pleased Newcastle are coming to the tapes for 2020. I know what it was like last year for us Bandits fans wondering if we would be seeing speedway in 2019, it's not a nice situation to be in. Your team is now taking shape and with over 12pts to play with for last 2 places a decent looking team is shaping up. Good luck to Granty nice to see another young promoter in place.

Good point but we need to remember it will be a 5 point and a 7 point rider or any combination up to around 12. As we know the reserves and that Max Clegg will be in the main body of team with Vissing at No 1 so before anyone gets carried away (Dandelion) it won't be an 8.5/10 point rider with a 2.0/3.5 reserve...

So 5 (or very high 4) is as low as you can go and just over 7 for the other rider... so before the madness sets in I know I have been pushing Smetana for the 5 pointer and maybe Victor Pallovarra for the other spot especially as we dropped him in a bit last year with the reshuffle that saw Steve Worrall come back...

Just a guess from me mind so don't go all orgasmic (Dandelion) thinking that those are the two... you pick your own...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Senility
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Correct... we were told the next two will be announced at the Xmas party...

You know the craic Dave... and if we do swap out riders I guarantee we won't be the only ones... or the first either for that matter...

Good point but we need to remember it will be a 5 point and a 7 point rider or any combination up to around 12. As we know the reserves and that Max Clegg will be in the main body of team with Vissing at No 1 so before anyone gets carried away (Dandelion) it won't be an 8.5/10 point rider with a 2.0/3.5 reserve...

So 5 (or very high 4) is as low as you can go and just over 7 for the other rider... so before the madness sets in I know I have been pushing Smetana for the 5 pointer and maybe Victor Pallovarra for the other spot especially as we dropped him in a bit last year with the reshuffle that saw Steve Worrall come back...

Just a guess from me mind so don't go all orgasmic (Dandelion) thinking that those are the two... you pick your own...

Regards 

THJ 

Decent shout on big Vic & Smetana could be a steel on a 5

9 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

...….we need to remember it will be a 5 point and a 7 point rider or any combination up to around 12. As we know the reserves and that Max Clegg will be in the main body of team with Vissing at No 1 

Looking at riders active over the last two season (which given the Wright signing might not be long enough) the following fit

Rene Bach          7.19
Doolan          6.71
Ludvig Lindgren          6.47
Palovaara          6.25
Bjerre          5.87
Matej Kus          5.63
Nike Lunna          5.63
Andersson          5.62
Theo Pijper          5.49
Kurtz          5.43
Jan Graversen          4.93
Andersen

Would Palovaara and Bjerre fit exactly to the points limit??

Is one of them 3 the 'how did get him signing' as to me they are more like 'why the f**k did we sign him!!! 

Can't wait to be proven wrong, if neither of them are, I await the shock factor. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, enotian said:

A need to be on me lap top as a have a spread sheet which works out the 2.5% reductions... but on the back of a fag packet a would say both together just squeak over...

We will have at least 12 up to possibly 12.12 but I am only guessing and if we do have 12.12 then both your suggestions would fit exactly...

Regards

THJ 

17 minutes ago, enotian said:

Looking at riders active over the last two season (which given the Wright signing might not be long enough) the following fit

Rene Bach          7.19
Doolan          6.71
Ludvig Lindgren          6.47
Palovaara          6.25
Bjerre          5.87
Matej Kus          5.63
Nike Lunna          5.63
Andersson          5.62
Theo Pijper          5.49
Kurtz          5.43
Jan Graversen          4.93
Andersen

Yes those two do fit just.

Edited by spin king

I'd be very surprised if Lasse Bjerre was one of the last two.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Winditon said:

Who do u think Ruff?

Ludde or Bach and another.

Not sure on exact numbers left, but think Mountain will be about 4.6, at reserve, so don't think it'll be Bukky (4).

Wright a strange signing, was good several years ago over 7 point average, but last time I saw him ride at Workington 2015 ?  he rode like a novice seamed to be scared of the track/racing, hope it works out for Wright and the diamonds, may make a decent reserve, but not sure if he likes rough oops brough park 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JCookie said:

I appreciate you're not very bright, and you're trying to make a joke, but he rode every season between 2003-2015. Can you explain how many comebacks someone can make when they ride 13 years in succession?

I appreciate you are not the sharpest TOOL in the box but he did have a habit of not managing to do a full season on a few occasions and that wasn't always due to injury. Cheers.

• Haha 1

Perhaps Charles Wright’s performances in recent times have reignited James’ interest in riding. To my mind James was certainly the better of the two for quite some time. That won’t be the case now but if he’s up for it then there’s no reason he couldn’t maintain a four point average I’d say. 

• Like 1