British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Ludde or Bach and another.

Not sure on exact numbers left, but think Mountain will be about 4.6, at reserve, so don't think it'll be Bukky (4).

Wouldn't think it would be Buckhave. Wright and Mountain will be the reserve pairing and as already been mentioned on here Wrighty has still been grass tracking very competitively so its not as if he hasn't been on a bike at all.

10 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Well the team on paper looked good this season. & Apart from the 2 returnees we were poor .. so let's all give young rob a million % backing on this season ahead or if we do ever run into trouble cash wise that could spell the end of speedway at Newcastle si let's be positive on next season as we are racing again happy days ahead

Exactly. We always have the choice to change things early on if it's not working out. 

14 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Wouldn't think it would be Buckhave. Wright and Mountain will be the reserve pairing and as already been mentioned on here Wrighty has still been grass tracking very competitively so its not as if he hasn't been on a bike at all.

Ludde and Kus would fit snuggly and both assets.

13 hours ago, soupy said:

Thought he was the whippet James wright

Wonder which way Ranting Roy will broadcast that one. I reckon it'll be as you put it  ' The Whippet James Wright'

Edited by SteelShoe

Conner Mountain solid young rider who in my opinion is pretty accomplished around technical tracks so will be useful around Brough Park. Claus had arguably his best ever season in the Championship last year but cannot see him maintaining his average .  Great to see Wrighty back.  I admit to being surprised bearing in mind how long he has been out of the saddle. In his spells at Worky he went from being a very exciting come from the back around the boards rider to one who hugged the white line on his return in the Keith Denham era. I hope it works out for James and The Diamonds, if he regains his confidence then lets not forget he was a former PLRC Winner so he had plenty of ability.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Neila said:

Wright a strange signing, was good several years ago over 7 point average ....

And a former Premier League Riders Champion!

Old PL, of course.

12 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Yeah dave I'm sure a group back in the 80's called bucksfizz sang a song called ( making my mind up ) for the meeting pickers ha

Just divent whip your skirt off.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Just divent whip your skirt off.

Howay man Dave, am trying to eat me breakfast!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Ludde and Kus would fit snuggly and both assets.

I think Matej is too busy baking cakes.  Ludde was asked to come back to the UK by another club last year and he turned them down and I don't think wants UK racing, but, of course, things may have changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I think Matej is too busy baking cakes.  Ludde was asked to come back to the UK by another club last year and he turned them down and I don't think wants UK racing, but, of course, things may have changed.

Baking cakes???,,, wonder if he has the brand name 'just make' cake, (it's an anagram of his name) :t:

25 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Howay man Dave, am trying to eat me breakfast!!!

Hope your not having choccky porridge as a was on the guiness last night & what a resemblance I passed early on in the loo lol

• Sad 1

Honestly

Am sticking me neck oot here and going with Victor Palovaara and Smetana...

Why... Pallovaara cos we owe him one from last season and Smetana as he will be a new asset for the club...

Unless we can find a Brit on 7.29 or a foreigner on 7.11 to slot in at No 5... or after the James Wright signing maybe we are getting Ole Olsen; Anders Michanek or the ghost of Ivan Mauger back because we seem to be good at resurrecting careers...

So here is my final offering as I can not for the life of me think of anyone around that 7 point figure who we could get... Although I am open to offers... and not expecting the promotion pulling another "Rabbit out of the Hat"

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS  
    AVE   -2.50%
1 Claus Vissing  8.43   8.43
2 Max Clegg  5.05   4.93
3 Ondrej Smetana 5.00   5.00
4 Victor Palovaara 6.25   6.25
5 Matthew Wethers 6.92   6.92
6 James Wright 4.00   4.00
7 Connor Mountain 4.73   4.61

Total: 40.38   40.14

Pick the bones out of that lot...

One other thing to add is; I wonder how well James Wright will fair as Edinburgh took the risk to bring back Willie Lawson thinking he could get back up to the dizzy heights he achieved prior to hanging up his Kevlar's from the first time round and it hasn't really worked out for them so it will be a big ask to expect James to come back and take all before him I would suggest... (as much as I would like to see that happen) 

However looks like a bit of strength in depth and I like the look of it; all we need to do is win our home matches and with the top 6 going into the play offs... who knows... all I can say is in 2018 Workington were written off before a wheel was turned... its a funny old sport speedway... if the 1 and 5 can hold their averages and the rest stick half a point on theirs we have cracked it... Simples... lol...

Regards
THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling, Spell Check and Eyesight
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Am sticking me neck oot here and going with Victor Palovaara and Smetana...

Why... Pallovaara cos we owe him one from last season and Smetana as he will be a new asset for the club...

Unless we can find a Brit on 7.29 or a foreigner on 7.11 to slot in at No 5... or after the James Wright signing maybe we are getting Ole Olsen; Anders Michanek or the ghost of Ivan Mauger back because we seem to be good at resurrecting careers...

So here is my final offering as I can not for the life of me think of anyone around that 7 point figure who we could get... Although I am open to offers... and not expecting the promotion pulling another "Rabbit out of the Hat"

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS  
    AVE   -2.50%
2 Max Clegg  5.05   4.93
4 Victor Palovaara 6.25   6.92

Total: 40.38   40.81

One other thing to add is; I wonder how well James Wright will fair as Edinburgh took the risk to bring back Willie Lawson thinking he could get back up to the dizzy heights he achieved prior to hanging up his Kevlar's from the first time round and it hasn't really worked out for them so it will be a big ask to expect James to come back and take all before him I would suggest... (as much as I would like to see that happen) 

However looks like a bit of strength in depth and I like the look of it; all we need to do is win our home matches and with the top 6 going into the play offs... who knows... all I can say is in 2018 Workington were written off before a wheel was turned... its a funny old sport speedway... if the 1 and 5 can hold their averages and the rest stick half a point on theirs we have cracked it... Simples... lol...

Regards
THJ 

Whats with the Palovaara averages??

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS  
    AVE   -2.50%
2 Max Clegg  5.05   4.93
4 Victor Palovaara 6.25   6.92

Total: 40.38   40.81

Now I know I’m from down south, but normally when we get a discount the figure goes down, not up!  :)