British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Still better than no Team.IMO.Teams on paper are not guaranteed to win anything either as has been proved many times in the sport.

2018 worky wrote off & then cleaned up but I'm not saying we will do the same but you never know

• Like 1

Where would Nathan Greaves fit into this team, and what would it leave for the last rider average wise

3 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Well I might as well give it a go too as THJ is so kindly letting me :) Thanks...

Newcastle Diamonds Avg. Nat.
1 Claus Vissing 8.43 DEN
2 Max Clegg 4.92 GBR
3 Mark Riss 4.84 GER
4 Matthew Wethers 6.92 AUS
5 Rene Bach 7.19 DEN
6 James Wright 4.00 GBR
7 Connor Mountain 4.61 GBR
  Total 40.91  
  Left 0.09  

Mark Riss has not ridden in Britain since 2018 and would be a bargain, easily upping that average... Also my dream of Rene Bach coming back is still possible... But swap him for Ludvig/Pavlova (Although lots of points wasted then) I'd be happy with that team... The 1 & 5 look strong enough imo... Matty at 4 again, brilliant... Mark Riss would do well at 3 and Max is a brilliant number 2... And we've got very strong reserves this season for once!! Still not 100% convinced with Claus but I'm willing to support him all the way as long as he puts in that 110% effort, would be a good number 5, but not sure about him being a number 1 with that average :t: Look forward to next season, thanks Granty for saving us so we have speedway at all

The reserves: I think Connor is the strongest named reserve so far, and unless Poole or Redcar pull something great off, WILL be the best reserve in the league... Brilliant signing... James, never seen him before but good luck to him!! Hope he can really kick on and at least finish up on 4.00/4.50 come the end of the season... I just want to see some real effort from him... Dunno how well he liked Brough? Could be another Simon Lambert from last year :(

(Also wouldn't mind Ludvig Lindgren #5 and Joel Andersson #3 to be the final two riders, just fits with 0.03 to spare) :) The two Swedes, the return of the Turnip twins? :shock:

Not quite sure why the desire for Mark Riss? He didn't exactly set the leagues alight when he last rode here since then he has retired, restarted, retired, thought about a crack at Longtrack etc not really the type of rider i would want in any side. 

8 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Funny that's exactly what they said about Workington in 2018...

You don't have to win that many heats do you? The secret is not running last places...

Regards 

THJ 

Workington showed the way in 2018, Glasgow hopefully have learned from that as last season we won lots of races but equally had too many last places. So this season we have went for strength in depth with a strong number 1. Hopefully 1 of our boys will increase their average significantly and do a " Rasmus " , my feeling is that Broc Nicol or Sam Jensen are the guys likely to increase by at least a point. Leicester look strong but weak at reserve (which we were last season) Good luck to the diamonds, glad they have been saved and will be down when Tigers are in town.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Workington showed the way in 2018, Glasgow hopefully have learned from that as last season we won lots of races but equally had too many last places. So this season we have went for strength in depth with a strong number 1. Hopefully 1 of our boys will increase their average significantly and do a " Rasmus " , my feeling is that Broc Nicol or Sam Jensen are the guys likely to increase by at least a point. Leicester look strong but weak at reserve (which we were last season) Good luck to the diamonds, glad they have been saved and will be down when Tigers are in town.

At Leicester the  Thompson twins will hold there own at home really hope they improve as the season goes on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Not quite sure why the desire for Mark Riss? He didn't exactly set the leagues alight when he last rode here since then he has retired, restarted, retired, thought about a crack at Longtrack etc not really the type of rider i would want in any side. 

No particular desire... Just on a low average imo and it enables us to have a strong number 5, rather than having Matty there... Plus Mark has experience in riding in the 3/4 partnership so should do ok, especially with a partner like Matty

On 12/10/2019 at 7:46 PM, StrangerKings said:

i don't know what James Wright's last average was, but surely he won't be on an assessed 2.00 when Rob Ledwith has been given a 4.00.

On 12/10/2019 at 7:48 PM, bloom89 said:

He won't Wright's average is 100% 4.00 

Would both of those guys qualify for a 2.5% reduction on their amended MA's?

Flipping glory hunters get on my wick. I go to watch racing. Happiness is 46-44.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Flipping glory hunters get on my wick. I go to watch racing. Happiness is 46-44.

We had 2/3 good seasons out of 15 at Newport but oh what I'd do to have the side back that had Nick Simmonds at no1!!

Edited by DJC
  • Like 2

Could someone kindly please tell me how to apply for season tickets please.

I'd never write our team off!! I love to guess and see what fits, I find it fun... And I like to have a go for all teams, but the side that has been put together is full of fan favourites and racers!! And I can't wait to see who our final 2 are on the 20th and how the likes of Claus and James will take to their new home track... Come on Diamonds!! Show Rob what he's invested in :) I wonder what all these centre green shows and shopping outlets he's on about are? :shock:

15 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

I'd never write our team off!! I love to guess and see what fits, I find it fun... And I like to have a go for all teams, but the side that has been put together is full of fan favourites and racers!! And I can't wait to see who our final 2 are on the 20th and how the likes of Claus and James will take to their new home track... Come on Diamonds!! Show Rob what he's invested in :) I wonder what all these centre green shows and shopping outlets he's on about are? :shock:

Mentioned at the Talk-in last week. fireworks, pyrotechnics, live music and stunt show.  Add to that a mini fairground in the car park and a ride as you enter the stadium and side stalls.

• Like 3