British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, StevePark said:

Next Friday (20th) PTE Club Miller Rd Byker starting at 7.  They are asking for people to pay in advance on the Newcastle Speedway Supporters Facebook page.

Can you not pay on the night too?

You can pay on the night, but must book your ticket in advance, this is so they do not exceed the numbers allowed in the function room and also to know how many they are catering for.

18 minutes ago, erniew said:

You can pay on the night, but must book your ticket in advance, this is so they do not exceed the numbers allowed in the function room and also to know how many they are catering for.

Put me down for two please.

Sorry, not involved in the organisation, you will have to contact the supporters club through facebook and ee if there are any tickets left.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, erniew said:

Sorry, not involved in the organisation, you will have to contact the supporters club through facebook and ee if there are any tickets left.

Thanks, but a don't do the Facebook thing.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 2

Hi guys, for those wanting tickets for the party please send an email to nssg@newcastle.co and I will reserve your tickets. If possible payment in advance is welcomed as their have been 100 tickets sold and I would like to get people through the door as quickly as possible. All details will be given through email. Thanks. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 4:37 AM, Dandelion said:

The reserves: I think Connor is the strongest named reserve so far, and unless Poole or Redcar pull something great off, WILL be the best reserve in the league... Brilliant signing...

Maybe 3rd strongest after Castagna & Lambert!

Edited by szkocjasid

2 hours ago, Barbarian said:

How do you book tickets if not on Facebook ?

I have asked for you on Facebook and have been told they will come on here to explain (they may have PM'd you?)

UPDATE: They have replied but it needs to be approved by the Mods.

Edited by StevePark
for update
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 4:37 AM, Dandelion said:

Well I might as well give it a go too as THJ is so kindly letting me :) Thanks...

Newcastle Diamonds Avg. Nat.
1 Claus Vissing 8.43 DEN
2 Max Clegg 4.92 GBR
3 Mark Riss 4.84 GER
4 Matthew Wethers 6.92 AUS
5 Rene Bach 7.19 DEN
6 James Wright 4.00 GBR
7 Connor Mountain 4.61 GBR
  Total 40.91  
  Left 0.09  

Mark Riss has not ridden in Britain since 2018 and would be a bargain, easily upping that average... Also my dream of Rene Bach coming back is still possible... But swap him for Ludvig/Pavlova (Although lots of points wasted then) I'd be happy with that team... The 1 & 5 look strong enough imo... Matty at 4 again, brilliant... Mark Riss would do well at 3 and Max is a brilliant number 2... And we've got very strong reserves this season for once!! Still not 100% convinced with Claus but I'm willing to support him all the way as long as he puts in that 110% effort, would be a good number 5, but not sure about him being a number 1 with that average :t: Look forward to next season, thanks Granty for saving us so we have speedway at all

The reserves: I think Connor is the strongest named reserve so far, and unless Poole or Redcar pull something great off, WILL be the best reserve in the league... Brilliant signing... James, never seen him before but good luck to him!! Hope he can really kick on and at least finish up on 4.00/4.50 come the end of the season... I just want to see some real effort from him... Dunno how well he liked Brough? Could be another Simon Lambert from last year :(

(Also wouldn't mind Ludvig Lindgren #5 and Joel Andersson #3 to be the final two riders, just fits with 0.03 to spare) :) The two Swedes, the return of the Turnip twins? :shock:

Sam Jensen average was obtained by riding at No4 in the Team last season,so  IMO I see him as the best reserve in the league SO FAR.

On 12/12/2019 at 3:20 PM, ragdoll64 said:

......and how can anyone say Claus definitely won’t improve?  How would they know that for sure. My opinion is that he’s still on the way up. Good luck to him and to Newcastle. 

Interestingly Stevie Worrall said after signing for Poole that it would feel strange being at number 3 as he considers himself a number one rider, but Vissing was almost a point higher last year so should be able to handle the number one spot! Won't be the strongest in the league but keeping his average would be a good season I reckon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Maybe 3rd strongest after Castagna & Lambert!

Personally feel Connor is better than Paco... Maybe Simon is better, but certainly not at Brough...

33 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Sam Jensen average was obtained by riding at No4 in the Team last season,so  IMO I see him as the best reserve in the league SO FAR.

I do agree... Sam Jensen is a hell of a reserve, and I did sort of forget about him being a reserve... But I think Connor would give him a run for his money for sure...

Think James Wright (Although a little unknown) is definitely the best second reserve in the league... We have the best pairing for sure :) Followed closely by Glasgow...

12 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Interestingly Stevie Worrall said after signing for Poole that it would feel strange being at number 3 as he considers himself a number one rider, but Vissing was almost a point higher last year so should be able to handle the number one spot! Won't be the strongest in the league but keeping his average would be a good season I reckon!

Think Claus will do a solid job... But he's not the MASSIVE number 1 the likes of Poole and Glasgow have... Still look forward to seeing at least 3 (Hopefully more) new faces in Diamonds kevlars... Predictions for the 20th? Can't wait!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Barbarian said:

How do you book tickets if not on Facebook ?

You go on Ticketbook.  :)

14 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Personally feel Connor is better than Paco... Maybe Simon is better, but certainly not at Brough...

I do agree... Sam Jensen is a hell of a reserve, and I did sort of forget about him being a reserve... But I think Connor would give him a run for his money for sure...

Think James Wright (Although a little unknown) is definitely the best second reserve in the league... We have the best pairing for sure :) Followed closely by Glasgow...

Think Claus will do a solid job... But he's not the MASSIVE number 1 the likes of Poole and Glasgow have... Still look forward to seeing at least 3 (Hopefully more) new faces in Diamonds kevlars... Predictions for the 20th? Can't wait!!

Totally agree. Jolly fellow. Always turns up. Delivers year after year...oh hang on you mean... :D

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Bear_Bottom said:

Totally agree. Jolly fellow. Always turns up. Delivers year after year...oh hang on you mean... :D

The funny thing is, that seems like the complete opposite description of the Claus I'm on about xD Hope it's a year of delivery for him in 2020... And maybe a few on track antics might be nice though :D