British Speedway Forum

27 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

The one about a GP rider? I don't get it

I'm sure Ruff will be along shortly to clarify that a GP rider is a rider that has ridden in a GP singular or more than one. :D

Edited by Gazc

19 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

I have just come back from the Christmas markets in Prague, full of (No not that!) Belgium Waffles, Bratwurst, Leberkäse, Bockwurst, Weißwurst, Nürnberger Rostbratwurst, Knackwurst and Teewurst and  

...... and teamwurst.  :)

But best wishes anyway.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shearer09 said:

If we've signed nick skorja I'm going to freak out :D:D:D but isn't he Slovenian? Suppose he could have been on holiday in Prague too... Easily number 5 material imo... I'm excited now...

I could murder a currwurst mit pommes, thanks THJ! Have a good christmas.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

I have just come back from the Christmas markets in Prague, full of (No not that!) Belgium Waffles, Bratwurst, Leberkäse, Bockwurst, Weißwurst, Nürnberger Rostbratwurst, Knackwurst and Teewurst and also with a very novel twist on a sausage with a Curry-wurst and of course Jaternice ; all washed down with copious amounts of Pilsner Urquell; Gambrinus, Staropramen and Kozel. Now whilst on this Beer and food quest I bumped into a couple of Speedway riders who said they had just signed for the Newcastle Diamonds.

Now both these lads will be coming in on 5 averages so we will be over 2 points under the build limit; although one does have GP experience; so how did we get him? I wonder... however the good thing is we will end up with a couple of assets and as hard as it may seem it will give an opportunity if either struggle for an early change if needed to strengthen up the team. Hopefully not...

So don't panic Captain Mannering... Don't panic... (Dandelion) 

Now everyone will want to know their names and of course it will be in the public domain in the next few hours after the Christmas Party but I would like to be the first to welcome both JAMES ANDERTON and RIK JACKSON to the north east. Good luck lads and lets hope you both end up with 7 plus averages.

No its not a puppet Dandelion (its an anagram)...

Can I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year... All the best...

Now as it is Black Eye Friday I am off on the lash (now) and promise to leave the phone at home and not post under the influence of drink making a bigger tool of myself than I usually do... Honest...

Oh and I am looking forward to the fall out tomorrow, just like Christmas day; some will be happy with what they have got; some will be sad; some will be just content that they have got something at all and others disappointed with one or two just downright ungrateful...

Good luck to the Team; Rob Grant and the whole promotion and lets hope we can shock a few people and take the league by storm...

Regards
THJ

If that is the case why would you spoil it when people have paid money for the Christmas party to find find out the last two rides ?? 

7 minutes ago, Gating tart said:

If that is the case why would you spoil it when people have paid money for the Christmas party to find find out the last two rides ?? 

Are you going?

Regardless, don’t tell anyone and keep it quiet.

Only a handful of Newcastle fans will go on here this evening.

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Are you going?

Regardless, don’t tell anyone and keep it quiet.

Only a handful of Newcastle fans will go on here this evening.

Yes I’ll be there and it’s not point 

Just now, Gating tart said:

Yes I’ll be there and it’s not point 

Give your friends the anagrams, they’ll have some fun but never guess!

55 minutes ago, Gating tart said:

Totally agree with you. He likes people to know he's in the know. 

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

I have just come back from the Christmas markets in Prague, full of (No not that!) Belgium Waffles, Bratwurst, Leberkäse, Bockwurst, Weißwurst, Nürnberger Rostbratwurst, Knackwurst and Teewurst and also with a very novel twist on a sausage with a Curry-wurst and of course Jaternice ; all washed down with copious amounts of Pilsner Urquell; Gambrinus, Staropramen and Kozel. Now whilst on this Beer and food quest I bumped into a couple of Speedway riders who said they had just signed for the Newcastle Diamonds.

Now both these lads will be coming in on 5 averages so we will be over 2 points under the build limit; although one does have GP experience; so how did we get him? I wonder... however the good thing is we will end up with a couple of assets and as hard as it may seem it will give an opportunity if either struggle for an early change if needed to strengthen up the team. Hopefully not...

So don't panic Captain Mannering... Don't panic... (Dandelion) 

Now everyone will want to know their names and of course it will be in the public domain in the next few hours after the Christmas Party but I would like to be the first to welcome both JAMES ANDERTON and RIK JACKSON to the north east. Good luck lads and lets hope you both end up with 7 plus averages.

No its not a puppet Dandelion (its an anagram)...

Can I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year... All the best...

Now as it is Black Eye Friday I am off on the lash (now) and promise to leave the phone at home and not post under the influence of drink making a bigger tool of myself than I usually do... Honest...

Oh and I am looking forward to the fall out tomorrow, just like Christmas day; some will be happy with what they have got; some will be sad; some will be just content that they have got something at all and others disappointed with one or two just downright ungrateful...

Good luck to the Team; Rob Grant and the whole promotion and lets hope we can shock a few people and take the league by storm...

Regards
THJ

More chance of winning the lottery than suddenly bumping into two riders that have just signed for Newcastle!! Ffs well done Merry Christmas 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Totally agree with you. He likes people to know he's in the know. 

He just goes around trying buy rides friendships 

• Like 1