British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

2014, Brady Kurtz came in on 5 and made 7.54.

2015, Jack Holder came in on 7 and made 7.1.

There’s no real sign at the moment that Smetana or Skorja are in the same class as Holder or Kurtz.

Still, I agree, it’s more exciting for Newcastle fans and the league generally that two new continentals are coming in rather than Ludwig Lindgren, Bjerre or Kus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, DC2 said:

2015, Jack Holder came in on 7 and made 7.1.

There’s no real sign at the moment that Smetana or Skorja are in the same class as Holder or Kurtz.

Still, I agree, it’s more exciting for Newcastle fans and the league generally that two new continentals are coming in rather than Ludwig Lindgren, Bjerre or Kus.

Well, dunno about Kus or Bjerre, but if either can emulate Ludde's Brough form, they'll be ok, for a while ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well, dunno about Kus or Bjerre, but if either can emulate Ludde's Brough form, they'll be ok, for a while ;)

As long as they don't emulate his away form too...... 

• Like 3

Skorja had a few rides in Poland’s third division this year, 4 firsts, 4 seconds, 5 thirds, 5 lasts:

Nick Skorja 4 matches

20 rides:

, 4 , 5, 5,            
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Skorja had a few rides in Poland’s third division this year, 4 firsts, 4 seconds, 5 thirds, 5 lasts:

Nick Skorja 4 matches

20 rides:

, 4 , 5, 5,            

Would never have guessed if a hadn't dropped me phone :t:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

Nick Skorja 4 matches

20 rides:

, 4 , 5, 5,            

Sorry to say it, but I bet none of those tracks, were anything like Brough Park. I think big culture shock coming, for Mr Skorja. 

5 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Sorry to say it, but I bet none of those tracks, were anything like Brough Park. I think big culture shock coming, for Mr Skorja. 

True, but at least he didn’t have twenty lasts!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DC2 said:

True, but at least he didn’t have twenty lasts!

That would give him a 5pt ave. in that league, so what or who would that equate to that we know of.

8 hours ago, screm said:

On big fast continental tracks though, they will find the tighter tracks over here a bit more tricky certainly to begin with. Personally I rate Smetana and IMO he could become a very good scorer for Newcastle over the next few seasons.

George Stancl brought him across mid season to see how he did and he did OK. George says he is good on small tracks and I notice he rides big tracks with the tight on small track style so I am not really concerned about him. He'll do OK.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

George Stancl brought him across mid season to see how he did and he did OK. George says he is good on small tracks and I notice he rides big tracks with the tight on small track style so I am not really concerned about him. He'll do OK.

Must admit Dave, I thought he looked ok and smooth enough on his skid at Brough, although a know its different with three other riders on it tho.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Here’s the link, scroll down two thirds.

He’s between Jordan Stewart and Lasse Bjerre.

Well if we were to set the bar at that level, a think he'll be ok. One seems to be improving well and, the other am not sure.

On 12/21/2019 at 12:36 AM, Tsunami said:

I think that you and your fellow village idiot RedcarRacer, could be in for a few surprise this year, and we have 2 points up our sleeves just in case. :approve:

The only surprise would be that you don't finish bottom with that side.

Good to hear that you have 2 points up your sleeve. Might have been better using it to build a decent line up from the start though! 

1 hour ago, Bellers101 said:

The only surprise would be that you don't finish bottom with that side.

Good to hear that you have 2 points up your sleeve. Might have been better using it to build a decent line up from the start though! 

Obviously you're new to this game of signing riders. With your great depth of knowledge, which riders did we miss out on. :P

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Obviously you're new to this game of signing riders. With your great depth of knowledge, which riders did we miss out on. :P

Rene Bach, Ludvig Lindgren, Mason Campton, Victor Palovaara, Jonas B Andersen, Lasse Bjerre, Matej Kus, Joel Andersson, Theo Pijper, Todd Kurtz, Emil Grondal, Adam Roynon & Nathan Greaves?