British Speedway Forum

That's the longest dinner hour I have ever had without having anything to eat... at least something good come out of it... but me Greggs shares might be down at the end of the day... Doh!!! Must get back to work

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

It was a guess FFS who was to say I was right or wrong... Not allowed to make guesses anymore... Get a life...

Regards
THJ

Send is some lottery numbers for the Christmas Day draw you’ve got a cracking guess! I’m all up for what you were getting at but I think you should have at least let the club release the names though. 

7 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Think you are both missing the point but you can have a good laugh between yourselves

Laughable...

Regards
THJ

It’s just a discussion. I want Newcastle to do well. Just trying to give an objective assessment.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shearer09 said:

Send is some lottery numbers for the Christmas Day draw you’ve got a cracking guess! I’m all up for what you were getting at but I think you should have at least let the club release the names though. 

I didn't... you must be good at anagrams are you... or are you humpy because your not that good at them and that Plum from Swindon got there before you...

It's a game is it not or are British Intelligence sponsoring Newcastle this year? (By the way its not British Intelligence before anyone gets the wrong idea; but if you want to know who it is I can give you another anagram by PM or in the form of a crossword clue and 5 and 5 letters) (unlike the laden down postman clue) (how many letters?) (Millions)

I have told someone on here before "Balance of Probabilities" and if you want lottery numbers no problem on the same basis I will give you a line and the reasoning behind it...

2 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I didn't... you must be good at anagrams are you... or are you humpy because your not that good at them and that Plum from Swindon got there before you...

OK, thanks for that. :)

29 minutes ago, Shearer09 said:

Was it a liquid lunch?  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, idanthyrsus said:

Was it a liquid lunch?  :)

6 pints of Theakstons Old Peculiar washed down with 3 Sneck Lifters. Ohh I forgot desert 1pint of Titanic Plum porter.

Edited by soupy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

That team started as a bunch of misfit that were pulled together last minute... Worky didn't have a No 1 until February with less than 6 weeks to the start of the season and Jacko worked wonders on the team spirit along with others that made them a team; at one point within the first 6 to 8 weeks there were all sorts of issues that had to be ironed out; that team pulled things round with the right attitude and went from strength to strength as the season went on and I was honoured and had the privilege to be part of it. 

It might never be repeated and not done again but if I can give you a football analogy... who gave Leicester City any chance of winning the premiership... it can be done... never say never and if they do I will remind you of this post come the end of the season.

Best of it is "that team" as you put it didn't start with or have a recognised No 1 didn't have a rider with an 8 point plus average anywhere in the team and sat with a young lad who pulled his pods off in the No 7 position the whole year and had no pressure put on him whatsoever and every rider had an alleged issue; attitude problems; not good enough; couldn't do it anywhere else;

Not only can you not spell Rubbish I am not sure your reading skills are up to scratch; the facts are there in front of you; a perceived "Crepe" team  No heat leaders let alone a number 1 a bunch of second strings that no one else wanted (that season) who wernt expected to get any higher than the bottom 3 and the took the lot; the took the league by storm... it can happen...

The bottom line is even if they are Rubbish(e) and end up in the bottom three would you still go or are you one of these fair weather fans who only goes to watch a winning team. I have some good friends at Workington who went for years religiously to watch teams built to a standard (or expected) format and had no success; then that lot came along proved they were a team and their patience was rewarded... 

Hey you have your opinion and I respect that but ultimately the choice is yours if you don't like it don't go... then you wont be disappointed... but ffs at least give them a chance; the season hasn't even started yet...

Regards
THJ

Bickley was on the tough number 6 position all year, not the easier number 7 spot!

Can a just say, that if you say 'that no-one will ever guess', is just encouraging people to try and guess. That's the way it is IMO. 

1 hour ago, soupy said:

6 pints of Theakstons Old Peculiar washed down with 3 Sneck Lifters. Ohh I forgot desert 1pint of Titanic Plum porter.

That’s my sort of beer!  :)

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Bickley was on the tough number 6 position all year, not the easier number 7 spot!

Yep and the kid worked wonders... he was brilliant and very much part of the team and he had a little crisis in confidence half way through the season which was understandable and he even said he would understand if he got cut and no one would hear a word of it.... the Worky promotion stood by him Jacko gave him a cuddle and so did yours truly and a bonus of 20 quid a point at ipswich did the trick and the rest is H18tory as the saying goes...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

That team started as a bunch of misfit that were pulled together last minute... Worky didn't have a No 1 until February with less than 6 weeks to the start of the season and Jacko worked wonders on the team spirit along with others that made them a team; at one point within the first 6 to 8 weeks there were all sorts of issues that had to be ironed out; that team pulled things round with the right attitude and went from strength to strength as the season went on and I was honoured and had the privilege to be part of it. 

It might never be repeated and not done again but if I can give you a football analogy... who gave Leicester City any chance of winning the premiership... it can be done... never say never and if they do I will remind you of this post come the end of the season.

Best of it is "that team" as you put it didn't start with or have a recognised No 1 didn't have a rider with an 8 point plus average anywhere in the team and sat with a young lad who pulled his pods off in the No 7 position the whole year and had no pressure put on him whatsoever and every rider had an alleged issue; attitude problems; not good enough; couldn't do it anywhere else;

Not only can you not spell Rubbish I am not sure your reading skills are up to scratch; the facts are there in front of you; a perceived "Crepe" team  No heat leaders let alone a number 1 a bunch of second strings that no one else wanted (that season) who wernt expected to get any higher than the bottom 3 and the took the lot; the took the league by storm... it can happen...

The bottom line is even if they are Rubbish(e) and end up in the bottom three would you still go or are you one of these fair weather fans who only goes to watch a winning team. I have some good friends at Workington who went for years religiously to watch teams built to a standard (or expected) format and had no success; then that lot came along proved they were a team and their patience was rewarded... 

Hey you have your opinion and I respect that but ultimately the choice is yours if you don't like it don't go... then you wont be disappointed... but ffs at least give them a chance; the season hasn't even started yet...

Regards
THJ

Try typing the word *sh**. And it recorrects it with rubbishe.  Nowt to do with my education levels it’s the autocorrect.  But since you can’t pick holes in my argument just get personal then.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dinosaur said:

Try typing the word *sh**. And it recorrects it with rubbishe.  Nowt to do with my education levels it’s the autocorrect.  But since you can’t pick holes in my argument just get personal then.   

Don’t know what’s wrong with the bloke.

5 hours ago, soupy said:

That sounds like my breakfast at Cardiff for the gp weekend

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Dinosaur said:

You will have to give me more than that as I can't think of a 5 letter word that starts  "blank S H blank blank" that means poor or not very good... and I thought I used to be good at blankety blank... Ruffdiamond is the guy for that...

As for your argument that the team isn't very good... well it certainly doesn't stack up now... how can it... you will only find that out when the season starts and as pointed out Worky in Speedway Leicester in Football were both deemed to be poor teams yet went on to great things... So currently the holes in your arguement are there for everyone to see... like I said it's your opinion that I hope is wrong as I would like to see them do well and I think they will... at least at this point of the season I think they will... hopefully I am proved right and you are wrong... but only time will tell... 

On the word that is being auto corrected it shows your intelligence when it has been pointed out to your good self several times even before I picked up on it that it is incorrect... do you not have the vocabulary to use another word that means not very good... try this type in moron and see what that is auto corrected to... or stop using the word that comes out as Rubbishe and then your education levels will not come into question... and that's from a bloke who went to Longbenton High School...

38 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Don’t know what’s wrong with the bloke.

The bloke is fine thanks... are you really from Swindon or do you live down Pottery Bank?

Regards

THJ 

• Like 1