British Speedway Forum

well that was a good few mins read,  to pass some time away on a boring nightshift:t:

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I didn't... you must be good at anagrams are you... or are you humpy because your not that good at them and that Plum from Swindon got there before you...

It's a game is it not or are British Intelligence sponsoring Newcastle this year? (By the way its not British Intelligence before anyone gets the wrong idea; but if you want to know who it is I can give you another anagram by PM or in the form of a crossword clue and 5 and 5 letters) (unlike the laden down postman clue) (how many letters?) (Millions)

I have told someone on here before "Balance of Probabilities" and if you want lottery numbers no problem on the same basis I will give you a line and the reasoning behind it...

Santa Claus? 

• Haha 1

I am kinda interested to who THJ is now... Other than a poster on this forum... Seems to do a lot for the riders at least... Even if he does keep... Ummm... Cropping up on here with some rubbishe :D

• Haha 2

The bloke is fine thanks... are you really from Swindon or do you live down Pottery Bank?

Regards

THJ 

Swindon.

• Sad 1

You will have to give me more than that as I can't think of a 5 letter word that starts  "blank S H blank blank" that means poor or not very good... and I thought I used to be good at blankety blank... Ruffdiamond is the guy for that...

Nah, not seeing anything there,,, but a get the resemblance with Les Dawson ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good luck Wrighty , he was great in his prime, hope he can re gain some of that form from years ago.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Good luck Wrighty , he was great in his prime, hope he can re gain some of that form from years ago.

Actually both James and Charles Wright nearly became Newcastle riders in 2003 without them knowing. Both Kenny Smith and I had heard about James being decent and we wanted him to join the then Gems. We put feelers out and were told by quite a few people that we should go for Charles as he would become the better rider. I think he had the better style and was younger, and I think he crashed more. Though Kenny we made an approach for both of them, only to find out that Jan Stachman and his mechanic( Darren Hartley the ref ?)  had just taken over the Buxton licence from the Moss family for one year, and that's ofcourse where they ended up. Imagine a team of Willie Lawson, Jamie Robertson, Richie Hall, along with both Wright's and both Branney's at that level. Not bad.

Edited by Tsunami

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Actually both James and Charles Wright nearly became Newcastle riders in 2003 without them knowing. Both Kenny Smith and I had heard about James being decent and we wanted him to join the then Gems. We put feelers out and were told by quite a few people that we should go for Charles as he would become the better rider. I think he had the better style and was younger, and I think he crashed more. Though Kenny we made an approach for both of them, only to find out that Jan Stachman and his mechanic( Darren Hartley the ref ?)  had just taken over the licence from the Moss family for one year, and that's ofcourse where they ended up. Imagine a team of Willie Lawson, Jamie Robertson, Richie Hall, along with both Wright's and both Branney's at that level. Not bad.

James rode for us at Sheffield as guest reserve in 2003 and he scored 2+2 that night and I said to George in the bar afterwards "sign him"!!!  He was riding for Buxton  at the time and were obviously a Sunday track too, so it wasn't going to happen, sadly!

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 1

Evening All,

I don't have as much to say about the team as some (good afternoon, @TotallyHonestJohn  ;-)) but I will say that I'm sure the boys will do us proud in 2020. I'm also sure that the Club is in very good hands.

Have a cracking Christmas, everyone...we'll be at the tapes in March before we know it!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Actually both James and Charles Wright nearly became Newcastle riders in 2003 without them knowing. Both Kenny Smith and I had heard about James being decent and we wanted him to join the then Gems. We put feelers out and were told by quite a few people that we should go for Charles as he would become the better rider. I think he had the better style and was younger, and I think he crashed more. Though Kenny we made an approach for both of them, only to find out that Jan Stachman and his mechanic( Darren Hartley the ref ?)  had just taken over the Buxton licence from the Moss family for one year, and that's ofcourse where they ended up. Imagine a team of Willie Lawson, Jamie Robertson, Richie Hall, along with both Wright's and both Branney's at that level. Not bad.

You know how to spot a talent !!  Keep it up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2020 to all my speedway friends and the party-pooper,,,

'IF THE MONSTERS HEEL' ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2020 to all my speedway friends and the party-pooper,,,

'IF THE MONSTERS HEEL' ;)

DC2 will have it sussed in 20 minutes flat...

All the best 

Regards 

THJ 

6 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

DC2 will have it sussed in 20 minutes flat...

All the best 

Regards 

THJ 

Naa,,, Tidal Wave Dave might ;)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

You will have to give me more than that as I can't think of a 5 letter word that starts  "blank S H blank blank" that means poor or not very good... and I thought I used to be good at blankety blank... Ruffdiamond is the guy for that...

As for your argument that the team isn't very good... well it certainly doesn't stack up now... how can it... you will only find that out when the season starts and as pointed out Worky in Speedway Leicester in Football were both deemed to be poor teams yet went on to great things... So currently the holes in your arguement are there for everyone to see... like I said it's your opinion that I hope is wrong as I would like to see them do well and I think they will... at least at this point of the season I think they will... hopefully I am proved right and you are wrong... but only time will tell... 

On the word that is being auto corrected it shows your intelligence when it has been pointed out to your good self several times even before I picked up on it that it is incorrect... do you not have the vocabulary to use another word that means not very good... try this type in moron and see what that is auto corrected to... or stop using the word that comes out as Rubbishe and then your education levels will not come into question... and that's from a bloke who went to Longbenton High School...

The bloke is fine thanks... are you really from Swindon or do you live down Pottery Bank?

Regards

THJ 

Pottery bank Is to upper class for a numpty from Wiltshire

Edited by pienpeesman
  • Haha 1