British Speedway Forum

On 12/29/2019 at 3:40 AM, Dandelion said:

This is why I've stayed away... All the gobsh!tes are in force at the minute because there's nowt to say... 

Whaaat? Says the girl who produced 2,384 different team variants* in December alone? 

I havr tried booking holidays around speedway fixtures. It has never worked!

TG

*not including bank holidays

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Whaaat? Says the girl who produced 2,384 different team variants* in December alone?

Given that we still have a day and a half left, I'm confident dandelion can hit the 2500 target this month despite the two bank holidays...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, homer said:

sink or swim that team could be mid table or garbage

& You know all about that !! When havvy was in charge but he kept the gates open ?

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 7:55 AM, pienpeesman said:

& You know all about that !! When havvy was in charge but he kept the gates open ?

when was havvy in charge at the sh it pit

17 hours ago, homer said:

when was havvy in charge at the sh it pit

Check ya history on 1990/91 season... & I was actually meaning when havvy was in charge of Redcar... A lot of anti havvy fans should think themselves lucky that they now have a team which isn't fighting for the wooden spoon at the moment.. 

Quick question why does the Newcastle website list George English and Andrew Dalby as club owners ?

26 minutes ago, highside said:

Quick question why does the Newcastle website list George English and Andrew Dalby as club owners ?

Probably for the same reason that the Club will retain it's current trading name and business name until the time is correct to change the name and ownership to Rob's name. If it had been changed before the AGM, Newcastle would have been considered a new promotion, open to more scrutiny, a loss of seniority and possibly stricter and higher financial bonds held by the BSPA. It's much simpler to do the change later.

Mr Phillips name didn't appear as he had already left the promotion.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Probably for the same reason that the Club will retain it's current trading name and business name until the time is correct to change the name and ownership to Rob's name. If it had been changed before the AGM, Newcastle would have been considered a new promotion, open to more scrutiny, a loss of seniority and possibly stricter and higher financial bonds held by the BSPA. It's much simpler to do the change later.

Mr Phillips name didn't appear as he had already left the promotion.

Hope that helps.

Cheers dave 

BBC-2 tonight (Monday), 6.30-7.00

First night of the 2020 series of Michael Portillo's Great British Railways Journeys includes footage from Newcastle Stadium of some Saturday afternoon greyhounds from a few months ago as this week's route (half-hour every night Monday to Friday) starts on Tyneside before heading up the east side of Scotland and across to Loch Ness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arthur cross said:

BBC-2 tonight (Monday), 6.30-7.00

First night of the 2020 series of Michael Portillo's Great British Railways Journeys includes footage from Newcastle Stadium of some Saturday afternoon greyhounds from a few months ago as this week's route (half-hour every night Monday to Friday) starts on Tyneside before heading up the east side of Scotland and across to Loch Ness.

Portillo is quite personable without his politican's hat, one of my favourite programmes travelling through probably my favourite part of the British Isles via one of my favourite modes of transoprt.  There is much to like and this programme alone is almost worth the price of the licence fee, almost....

Edited by martinmauger
added liking
  • Like 1

A Race/Bingo night has been arranged for Friday 7th Feb with a 7pm start at the South Gosforth CIU Club.

New signings Nick Skorja, Connor Mountain and Ondrej Smetana will be in attendance and there will be a Hog Roast supplied by Rob. 

Tickets available via the Supporters Group.

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=101072&fbclid=IwAR3tTJqwySFxZSb-KL8Eg61B6TDysfbSFH8JhQ-6AY6zgaolil0MlsshYGE

Edited by StevePark
Link added
  • Like 1

Race bingo... Sounds interesting :blink:

On a serious note, glad to see Rob arranging such events to get the fans together outside the season, and really nice to see the new signings showing their faces :t:Especially the Czech and the Slovenian!!

• Like 1