British Speedway Forum

20 hours ago, StevePark said:

A Race/Bingo night has been arranged for Friday 7th Feb with a 7pm start at the South Gosforth CIU Club.

New signings Nick Skorja, Connor Mountain and Ondrej Smetana will be in attendance and there will be a Hog Roast supplied by Rob. 

Tickets available via the Supporters Group.

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=101072&fbclid=IwAR3tTJqwySFxZSb-KL8Eg61B6TDysfbSFH8JhQ-6AY6zgaolil0MlsshYGE

Will it be the same to book, then pay on the night Steve?

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Will it be the same to book, then pay on the night Steve?

No idea! I presume they want you to book your ticket, so they know the numbers for the buffet, but as far as payment is concerned II don't know. The Supporters Club are the ones organising it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StevePark said:

No idea! I presume they want you to book your ticket, so they know the numbers for the buffet, but as far as payment is concerned II don't know. The Supporters Club are the ones organising it.

Ok Steve, suppose it's not upto you re; booking etc. but it's just to get the know how for folk without the facebookie thing :t:

On offer, we have everything you might expect from a typical race night, with the added bonus of a couple of cracking games of bingo! Also, look out for the possibility of some special guests in attendance as well!

Admission is set at £5 per head and includes a finger buffet, as supplied by Grants Catering Services.

Tickets are available through the Supporters Group!

This text taken from the website suggests to me that you need to book a ticket in advance... I dunno for sure though...

STILL waiting for the fixtures to come out

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

THE BSPA have their best man on it...

Caveman.png.5790611fd4c1447d22718eaa7556d88f.png

Edited by Bear_Bottom
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Only around 2 more weeks to wait but I did hear that the promoters of the teams were making a provisional list in December then finalised in mid January, all done by the promoters & not a fixture planner.

24 minutes ago, Bear_Bottom said:

THE BSPA have their best man on it...

Caveman.png.5790611fd4c1447d22718eaa7556d88f.png

This year is not down to the BSPA or fixture planner(see above) & they will not be set in stone :D :t:

23 hours ago, Dandelion said:

On offer, we have everything you might expect from a typical race night, with the added bonus of a couple of cracking games of bingo! Also, look out for the possibility of some special guests in attendance as well!

Admission is set at £5 per head and includes a finger buffet, as supplied by Grants Catering Services.

This text taken from the website suggests to me that you need to book a ticket in advance... I dunno for sure though...

"finger buffet" will that suit the ever increasing vegetarians?  ha  ha........... 

8 hours ago, CountyGround said:

"finger buffet" will that suit the ever increasing vegetarians?  ha  ha........... 

ordering a side order from Greggs

13 hours ago, StevePark said:

Newcastle have applied to race in the NL Trophy competition in 2020.

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/home.asp

Great idea, will give the likes of Embleton, Alcock, Freeman , Smith and Phillips some cmpetative rides , put in Clegg as the number one and possibly throw in Wallinger and it's a decent looking side if a little inexperienced, but then that's what it's for, to give experience.

On 1/9/2020 at 12:01 AM, Dandelion said:

Finger buffet is now shown as a hog roast.!

11 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Great idea, will give the likes of Embleton, Alcock, Freeman , Smith and Phillips some cmpetative rides , put in Clegg as the number one and possibly throw in Wallinger and it's a decent looking side if a little inexperienced, but then that's what it's for, to give experience.

11 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Looks like dave wallinger is taking time out to concentrate working on his nee house... According to his fb 

Josh, Joe, Archie, Kieran as the second strings/reserves

Max Clegg can't do NL as far as I'm aware, same with Connor... Not sure about James?

Danny Phillips no thanks, think he'll end up retiring, Connor Coles already rides for IOW.

It will be interesting to see who we put together, by the sounds of things Rob has already got a good idea of who he wants... Maybe a few more ex-Stoke riders? Luke Priest, Rob Shuttleworth etc...

Would like to see Ben Morley, always liked him as a rider and as far as I'm aware he is not hooked up anywhere for next year yet? Be a great number 1 in the NL

Edited by Dandelion

1 Ben Morley 9.18 GBR
2 Joe Alcock 4.36 GBR
3 Rob Shuttleworth 6.05 GBR
4 Josh Embleton 4.83 GBR
5 Tom Perry 8.50 GBR
6 Kieran Douglas 3.00 GBR
7 Archie Freeman 3.00 GBR

Wouldn't be a world beating side, but it would give a few young, local lads a leg up and a bit of experience... Would be a nice side to watch... Can someone explain to me the format of the NL trophy, how many meetings will there be? Are they full 15 heat meetings?

Also will there be a NJL team next year? Or maybe even MDL with Josh, Joe, Archie, Danny being the main four 500s