British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

May be Newcastle are thinking of the future and hope that having one foot in the NL gives them something to fall back on, if their Championship campaign fails?

I don't think that is the way they are thinking at all.

They are giving competitive racing to the likes of Josh Embleton, Archie Freeman, and Danny Smith, rather than just giving them the Northern Junior League to be involved in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, StevePark said:

I don't think that is the way they are thinking at all.

They are giving competitive racing to the likes of Josh Embleton, Archie Freeman, and Danny Smith, rather than just giving them the Northern Junior League to be involved in.

Personally feel that an MDL team would be more suitable this season? Surely it's too early for Danny Smith, and maybe half a year or so too early for Archie also... If Belle Vue are in the MDL why not Newcastle?

An MDL squad of Kieran Douglas, Josh Embleton, Joe Alcock, Archie Freeman and Danny Smith would be good... Spread out the trips to the IOW and Plymout between them!!

Would also really like to see Jamie Halder get one of the spots as it's one of the crimes of the century that's he's unable to find a team place

Edited by Dandelion

4 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Personally feel that an MDL team would be more suitable this season? Surely it's too early for Danny Smith, and maybe half a year or so too early for Archie also... If Belle Vue are in the MDL why not Newcastle?

An MDL squad of Kieran Douglas, Josh Embleton, Joe Alcock, Archie Freeman and Danny Smith would be good... Spread out the trips to the IOW and Plymout between them!!

Would also really like to see Jamie Halder get one of the spots as it's one of the crimes of the century that's he's unable to find a team place

Newcastle would be in the Northern Junior League ( and probably still will be), not the Midland Development League.

I believe Archie is moving up to 500cc full time from now on and Danny could be following suit.

Not sure of the NJL rules but MDL used to be no more than 1 rider over 3.00 average in a side and no higher than 5.00 average (actually it used to be not higher than 4.00 and no more than 50 NL meetings but think that has been dropped). That said on reputation and known ability that would be a good MDL side if  they were to enter and the best way to strengthen the sport is to make the base level tougher.   

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Not sure of the NJL rules but MDL used to be no more than 1 rider over 3.00 average in a side and no higher than 5.00 average (actually it used to be not higher than 4.00 and no more than 50 NL meetings but think that has been dropped). That said on reputation and known ability that would be a good MDL side if  they were to enter and the best way to strengthen the sport is to make the base level tougher.   

At present NJL rules are no one with a NDL average above 3 can ride and only one NDL rider per pair of 500cc at any one time. Don't forget NJL only has 2x 500cc riders where as MDL has 4.

So say Archie hits the ground running and gains a 5 point NDL average by the end of the season. That is fine for this season ( as Leon Flint did a couple of seasons back ) as he started with only a 3 but next season he would be ineligible. Although I would have to double check with regards to NDL Trophy.

If say Newcastle brought in Kieran Douglas to ride ( just a name who rode in NDL last season who didn't gain a 3 point average ) this would be fine to ride with Archie until he gained a NDL place then it would not be allowed ( as Berwick did last season when using Kieran Douglas and Harry McGurk who both had NDL team places. Only 1 of them rode at any one time). Hope that sort of makes sense.

The NJL have their AGM at the beginning of February so any changes will be made public.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Parsy29 said:

At present NJL rules are no one with a NDL average above 3 can ride and only one NDL rider per pair of 500cc at any one time. Don't forget NJL only has 2x 500cc riders where as MDL has 4.

So say Archie hits the ground running and gains a 5 point NDL average by the end of the season. That is fine for this season ( as Leon Flint did a couple of seasons back ) as he started with only a 3 but next season he would be ineligible. Although I would have to double check with regards to NDL Trophy.

If say Newcastle brought in Kieran Douglas to ride ( just a name who rode in NDL last season who didn't gain a 3 point average ) this would be fine to ride with Archie until he gained a NDL place then it would not be allowed ( as Berwick did last season when using Kieran Douglas and Harry McGurk who both had NDL team places. Only 1 of them rode at any one time). Hope that sort of makes sense.

The NJL have their AGM at the beginning of February so any changes will be made public.

I think it is 4.00 Gav. I think when we made that decision a few years ago we were thinking that 3.99 was permissible in the NJL.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I think it is 4.00 Gav. I think when we made that decision a few years ago we were thinking that 3.99 was permissible in the NJL.

You are correct Dave my mistake.

cheers

• Thanks 2

Newcastle Diamonds Official now launched on YouTube.  Please subscribe!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely brilliant news for Archie :t: Would imagine David Wallinger will get one of the places considering all of his liking and sharing of all things Newcastle on Facebook... And his brilliant guest appearance for us last season in the CL... David Wallinger, Archie Freeman, Joe Alcock, Josh Embleton and Jamie Halder are all a must imo... Would like to see Kieran Douglas and a big number 1 to finish the team off... Might be a pretty bad team tbh, but it doesn't matter, it's all brilliant experience for them, and you never know... Some of them might kick on big time

1   15.31
2 Joe Alcock 4.36
3 Josh Embleton 4.83
4 Jamie Halder 4.63
5 David Wallinger 3.87
6 Kieran Douglas 3.00
7 Archie Freeman 3.00

I know Max isn't eligible... But it'd be great to see him spearhead that team... All fairly local too... Probably Kieran the least local

George Rothery imo deserves a team place somewhere too... But I imagine it will be at Armadale if anywhere

Edited by Dandelion

15 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Absolutely brilliant news for Archie :t: Would imagine David Wallinger will get one of the places considering all of his liking and sharing of all things Newcastle on Facebook... And his brilliant guest appearance for us last season in the CL... David Wallinger, Archie Freeman, Joe Alcock, Josh Embleton and Jamie Halder are all a must imo... Would like to see Kieran Douglas and a big number 1 to finish the team off... Might be a pretty bad team tbh, but it doesn't matter, it's all brilliant experience for them, and you never know... Some of them might kick on big time

1   15.31
2 Joe Alcock 4.36
3 Josh Embleton 4.83
4 Jamie Halder 4.63
5 David Wallinger 3.87
6 Kieran Douglas 3.00
7 Archie Freeman 3.00

I know Max isn't eligible... But it'd be great to see him spearhead that team... All fairly local too... Probably Kieran the least local

George Rothery imo deserves a team place somewhere too... But I imagine it will be at Armadale if anywhere

Max Clegg IS eligible!

Honestly

Kelsey Duggard must be a shoe in for the Gems; he is living in the North East now; will be swinging the spanner's for the Slovenian GP rider this season and comes in on a bargain 3.35 average.

Also if you are looking to give local talent a go... Don't forget Dean Douglas... (No relation to Kieran)

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Max Clegg IS eligible!

He's got a CL average above 4.00 and has a CL team place? Or am I misunderstanding the rules... If he is eligible... GET HIM SIGNED UP AS THE NUMBER 1

13 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Kelsey Duggard must be a shoe in for the Gems; he is living in the North East now; will be swinging the spanner's for the Slovenian GP rider this season and comes in on a bargain 3.35 average.

Also if you are looking to give local talent a go... Don't forget Dean Douglas... (No relation to Kieran)

Regards
THJ

Forgot about Kelsey... Good shout, although if he's spannering for Nick and Nick is in Heat 15... It'll be a bit tight for Kelsey will it not? Wouldn't say 3.35 is a bargain, but he'd be a solid reserve imo... When was the last time he rode Brough? Don't recall him doing second halves?

Dean is not ready imo... He should stick to the NJL for sure... No offence to him but it would be like Danny in the CL... In the deep end too soon, and he'd get nowhere

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

He's got a CL average above 4.00 and has a CL team place? Or am I misunderstanding the rules... If he is eligible... GET HIM SIGNED UP AS THE NUMBER 1

Forgot about Kelsey... Good shout, although if he's spannering for Nick and Nick is in Heat 15... It'll be a bit tight for Kelsey will it not? Wouldn't say 3.35 is a bargain, but he'd be a solid reserve imo... When was the last time he rode Brough? Don't recall him doing second halves?

Dean is not ready imo... He should stick to the NJL for sure... No offence to him but it would be like Danny in the CL... In the deep end too soon, and he'd get nowhere

Without checking the rules, I think Max said such at the Talk-in before Christmas.

Edited by StevePark