British Speedway Forum

15 minutes ago, leander said:

Has anybody noticed that we have got Edinburgh in the KOC now and not Eastbourne as was originally announced (by BSPA).

There is a separate thread about the KOCup draw:t:

5 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

Any idea when we may start to hear rider announcements for the 90th meeting, Robbo's meeting Ben Fund etc are starting to name riders and those meetings are only a week prior to ours.

Also, I wonder why Robbo didn't hold his meeting at Newcastle, it is after all where he started and ended his career.

Might be because Newcastle might not of been racing this season,So Robbo went to Redcar and the stadium rent might be less but that is just my opinion.

5 hours ago, NSSG said:

With our NL Trophy team for 2020 now announced and 90th-anniversary meeting line-up not too far in the distant future, for those of you who aren't on Facebook drop us a message on here to get your tickets reserved for our upcoming Race/Bingo night with the full Diamonds 2020 team there to also answer your questions!

Tickets £5pp (includes hog roast and cold buffet)

7pm start 

South Gosforth Social Club

07/02/2020

Have I missed an announcement, where was the Gems team announced? 

12 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Have I missed an announcement, where was the Gems team announced? 

It's on the Official British Speedway Twitter feed as shown on the www.speedwaygb.co.uk website.
I quote:

NEWCASTLE have completed their team-building for the 2020 National Trophy.

1. Max Clegg
2. Joe Alcock
3. Jamie Halder
4. Josh Embleton
5. Leon Flint
6. Ryan MacDonald 
7. Archie Freeman

10 hours ago, False dawn said:

It's on the Official British Speedway Twitter feed as shown on the www.speedwaygb.co.uk website.
I quote:

NEWCASTLE have completed their team-building for the 2020 National Trophy.

1. Max Clegg
2. Joe Alcock
3. Jamie Halder
4. Josh Embleton
5. Leon Flint
6. Ryan MacDonald 
7. Archie Freeman

What not on the official Diamonds website, I'm shocked!!!! :o

2 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

I know. There is an announcement regarding Josh Embleton if you can avoid the missing page error. But nothing reference the other 5. 

Still this is a new promotion and they are getting up to speed I guess. And good luck to them. Bringing two sides to market from nowhere is no mean feat.
I'm just glad to see that another famous club has not been lost possibly forever.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, soupy said:

Might be because Newcastle might not of been racing this season,So Robbo went to Redcar and the stadium rent might be less but that is just my opinion.

More than likely on the rent will be a lot cheaper

On 1/23/2020 at 2:39 PM, soupy said:

I can not get the fixtures up 404.0 not founnd  file on the Newcastle website and has been like that since 10 am for me

On 1/23/2020 at 3:49 PM, Shearer09 said:

Just to let people know I’ve spoken to management and the website that is in use now will be changed by the end of this week for a new format. 

1 hour ago, diamond@heart said:

Perhaps the above may (or may not) give you an answer.

Maybe the website will be split into two... One for the Diamonds and another for the Gems/NJL team etc...

4 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Maybe the website will be split into two... One for the Diamonds and another for the Gems/NJL team etc...

Belle Vue, Leicester and Kent don't seem to feel the need to split their websites.
Surely both teams can benefit from the the joint focus on a single website?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Belle Vue, Leicester and Kent don't seem to feel the need to split their websites.
Surely both teams can benefit from the the joint focus on a single website?

I would think the Gems/NJL team having their own website would be a good thing for them... So they can amass a following of their own separate from the main team... Gives them more backing and stuff...

9 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

I would think the Gems/NJL team having their own website would be a good thing for them... So they can amass a following of their own separate from the main team... Gives them more backing and stuff...

Not a good experience for the user IMO.  All things Newcastle, be it Diamonds, Gems or Sapphires, should all be on the same website with different Tabs or contained in a Drop-down.

Add to that the potential extra cost of two or three websites, to the site hosts, is silly.

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Not a good experience for the user IMO.  All things Newcastle, be it Diamonds, Gems or Sapphires, should all be on the same website with different Tabs or contained in a Drop-down.

That's sort of what I mean... Same website, just split into two sections... Maybe on the home page it shows the Diamonds logo and the Gems logo and you click on the one you want to get the news feed/team news etc for the desired team... Easy to switch with the click of a button somewhere too... I don't mean completely different websites

Bad choice of words

Edited by Dandelion

3 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

That's sort of what I mean... Same website, just split into two sections... Maybe on the home page it shows the Diamonds logo and the Gems logo and you click on the one you want to get the news feed/team news etc for the desired team... Easy to switch with the click of a button somewhere too... I don't mean completely different websites

Bad choice of words

Remember what someone said about what Mark Twain said? ;)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Remember what someone said about what Mark Twain said? ;)

Wut