British Speedway Forum

Bjarne Pedersen back for our 90th anniversary meeting should be brilliant seeing him ride brough again, he’s also bringing over 18 year old Dane Andreas Jensen.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 6:26 PM, Dandelion said:

VERY happy with some of the rider named there... Jamie Halder and Josh Embleton are two riders who have deserved team places for years and have found them hard to come by, not sure of Jamie's experience at Brough though? But it will be a good step in his development

Halder has been getting decent runs in sides since 2015, got himself up to 4.5 ish at some points but that appears to be his level. A little too much timber / lack of fitness and a little brittle when it comes to injuries. I suspect he will end up looking the/one of the weakest link/s in the team.

6 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Halder has been getting decent runs in sides since 2015, got himself up to 4.5 ish at some points but that appears to be his level. A little too much timber / lack of fitness and a little brittle when it comes to injuries. I suspect he will end up looking the/one of the weakest link/s in the team.

Saw him back end of last season and couldn't believe the timber he has put on. I used to follow his progress a few years ago, when he first came on the scene, and I had great hopes for him as he had a nice style and seemed to be well looked after. Still a decent rider but now at his level.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, StevePark said:

The die-hards will always be there, in that respect you are correct, but there are a few who either refuse to pay the admission fee because they don't see it as value for money and don't come anymore, or, they simply can't afford it.

Not  much use towards the end of the season. And anyway why give people free entry when you've already cut the admission.  They have a business to run after all, as you say reducing the admission isn't going to increase numbers through the gates.

It probably won't.

Of course they will come if they get free entry, that's a given.

Rob is already going to put 'extras' on for home meetings, to try and give extra value for money, for which he should be applauded Let's hope it brings in a few more punters, especially families, as youngsters are the future of the sport (as Roy Clarke would say!!) and its potential survival.

How about anyone having their first three matches for £10 a time?

That might attract new fans, former fans, friends and girlfriends who then get the bug sufficiently to pay £16 for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

That might attract new fans, former fans, friends and girlfriends who then get the bug sufficiently to pay £16 for the rest of the season.

The 90th Anniversary Meeting (29th March with a 5pm start) is £10 for adults & £5 for concessions and you get to see Bjarne Pedersen again.  That should encourage people to come.

5 hours ago, DC2 said:

How would you know it was their first time & how would it be policed?

DC2  prob means the first three meetings of the new season , but its still a £10 sport all day long .

• Sad 1

Hopefully there's a chance we can see Nicki P riding in the 90th anniversary meeting saying as he's riding for Sheffield. Wouldn't mind seeing Josh Pickering either he's always good entertainment around brough. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Saw him back end of last season and couldn't believe the timber he has put on. I used to follow his progress a few years ago, when he first came on the scene, and I had great hopes for him as he had a nice style and seemed to be well looked after. Still a decent rider but now at his level.

Yeah he clocked a very fast time at the last armature meeting I think 61 seconds at scunny looked good & I get what you mean on the timber loom lol he'd fit well into my clobber ha... But let's see how he gets on

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DC2 said:

Well worth a go

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

How would you know it was their first time & how would it be policed?

Policed mmm they had to pay off the security so I can't see the police coming

38 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Yeah he clocked a very fast time at the last armature meeting I think 61 seconds at scunny looked good & I get what you mean on the timber loom lol he'd fit well into my clobber ha... But let's see how he gets on

Beat Archie twice at the last Amateur meeting at Scunny, but Archie has a 60.3 around Scunny.

10 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Beat Archie twice at the last Amateur meeting at Scunny, but Archie has a 60.3 around Scunny.

Yeah Archie is looking as tidy on the 500 just as he does on the 150 which is great to see

Having seen Archie and Jamie last year... At this moment Jamie is a better rider on the 500s than Archie, maybe not round Brough though, that's not taking anything away from Archie as he's only just moved up and hasn't had much experience yet and I would expect him to surpass Jamie next year, but people shouldn't underestimate the abilities of Jamie if he gets an extended run of solid racing where he can remain uninjured... Very nice style he has, quiet and polite lad too... And his weight doesn't matter, look at Joe Screen, Gary O'Hare...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

And his weight doesn't matter, look at Joe Screen, Gary O'Hare...

indeed except that Screeny had everything namely talent, flair and determination. The only way Halder will get anywhere close to super joe is by buying a set of his old boots. 

• Haha 1