British Speedway Forum

Might seem a bit strange without George around and, personally I think it's a good time for him to cut his ties. He and his family should be commended for what they have put in for as long as I can remember. Hope the 90th will see a good farewell for George and his family. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Aceslider said:

Sincere thanks to George and the whole English family past and present. Through thick and thin you have never shirked from the responsibility of keeping our Diamonds team going from one year to the next and for that I am so grateful to you all. Best of luck with "retirement"!!

+1

22 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Jumped or Pushed? :o:blink:

Why post something like this? Perhaps he's just tired, feels its time to sit back and is really pleased that someone has come forward to take over the reins. Take a bow Mr English for all you have done for the Diamonds and speedway. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, diamond@heart said:

Jumped or Pushed? 

Probably just decided it was time to relax a bit, or is that not controversial enough 

Edited by andys
  • Like 1

promotions go through hell to bring and keep speedway in any town . they deserve respect .diamond @ heart , my rse ..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, andys said:

Probably just decided it was time to relax a bit, or is that not controversial enough 

Your post was better before you edited it.

23 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Your post was better before you edited it.

My apologies just didn't want to go down to their level lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Why post something like this? Perhaps he's just tired, feels its time to sit back and is really pleased that someone has come forward to take over the reins. Take a bow Mr English for all you have done for the Diamonds and speedway. 

Aye the years have not been kind, definitely looks tired to me

From dashing young lad...

image.png.2335d52a647158fc1fbc8be83536536a.png

To poor old tired George... Enjoy the retirement George... the council one as well....

Oh and enjoy spending the redundancy money... Cruises-R-Us unlimited...

image.png.217c0778eadc1a6e4a8a71bfb05d0e50.png

Regards
THJ

On 2/17/2020 at 5:36 PM, Ringitsneck said:

Thank you George. No matter what standard of team we have had over the last few seasons you have kept the sport going when it would have been easier to say goodbye. We all know the sport is dying and love him or hate him, he kept us afloat. 

The Diamonds are now in a similar situation to that lot down the road when Havelock left the Bears and we know they have turned their fortunes around

Now we have the new broom and hopefully a brighter future.

George may have been the face of Newcastle speedway, but to say HE kept us afloat is a bit of disservice to some of those behind the scenes, who over the years have put thousands upon tens Of  thousands in.  

Good luck George and thanks.

Edited by Arson fire
Posted in uzbekistani
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Arson fire said:

George may have been the face of Newcastle speedway, but to say HE kept us afloat is a bit of disservice to some of those behind the scenes, who over the years have put thousands upon tens Of  thousands in.  

Very true AF.  Since Peter, George and I set up the new Diamonds in 1997,  Peter, Me, Darryl, Alan and Dalbers have made considerable financial inputs into the club. Sorry to see George go, as his speedway knowledge and his connections will be missed. I hope he enjoys his retirement,  but I wonder what the situation is now with him fronting the BSPA shared events, a post he has only just been appointed to. We'll see shortly I think.

Interesting that there has always been an English in Newcastle Speedway since 1961 when both George Snr, Joan and myself were members of the new Supporter's Club. Since then the English's have either represented the Supporters Club or been a Promoter of the Diamonds. That's a long time for anybody.

I wish Rob well with his revamped Diamonds, and look forward to it being a big success.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Arson fire said:

Don't think anyone thinks HE alone kept the club alive financially, but he's been the ever present and was possibly the person fighting to keep speedway alive when other investors came and gone, although I stand to be corrected on that, anyway its onwards and upwards from now on hopefully, has anyone got any suggestions for team manager next year, going off some of the posts on here over the years I think there's a few think they could do it better off the forum not naming anybody in particular mind 

Edited by andys
  • Like 1