British Speedway Forum

Its definitely new, and looks similar to the way some websites are heading. Sometimes it's about accepting change, am no techno geek, but found it ok to navigate by clicking on the box with the lines in.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JCookie said:

As always, you can't fault the new promotion for giving it their best (and delivering already, to some extent). However, you're pretty much spot on, it does look like someone a high school pupil would design for a project. I suppose we can only hope it improves as time goes on and further feedback is given.

Totally agree and in this digital age when most things are viewed or done online, this is your shop window and yes it may improve over time but at a glance, if you were window shopping you would say NEXT!!!

I love what Rob is doing but this looks like they have rushed to get it done and not consulted anyone who knows about web design.

34 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

What about give it a chance before it's pulled to bits straight away.

You Geordies are an impatient lot:D

We've put up with the latest result being from 2018, until now ;)

• Haha 1

Followed the link to the website, ok. but still no word on manager and sponsor which I would have thought would have been of a higher priority.

1 hour ago, erniew said:

Followed the link to the website, ok. but still no word on manager and sponsor which I would have thought would have been of a higher priority.

You seem to time your questions well ;)

What's next?

1 hour ago, Speedway4ever said:

I was hoping this was ab early April Fool but would appear not. :mad:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Speedway4ever said:

Yep good luck Jason nice to see Rob acted quickly to appoint a new manager at a time when he must have an awful lot on his plate...

New owner new team new manager new web site new catering new roof on the office and a new floor too new track fence going in along with new drainage and some new track staff to boot... it's all taking shape... isn't It? 

No need for the doom and gloom "things can (and are) getting better" are they not?

I'm sure there will be a million things on Rob's to do list and I hope he doesn't over stretch himself... sometimes New promoters want to change to much to quickly and they can miss some of the smaller more important points...

All we need to do as fans is turn out in force to back the guy and show him that he made the right choice taking the Diamonds on... let's hope he can make a few Bob and build on what he inherited... which wasn't much to be fair to him...

So again good luck to all the promotion here's hoping it works from day one...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, diamond@heart said:

I was hoping this was ab early April Fool but would appear not. :mad:

Honestly

Jesus man... hes not started yet give the bloke a chance FFS!!!!

Regards 

THJ

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Jesus man... hes not started yet give the bloke a chance FFS!!!!

Regards 

THJ

His local club wouldn't give him one, at any level. Speaks volumes.

2 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

His local club wouldn't give him one, at any level. Speaks volumes.

Well there is a bit of history there though isn't there... 

It like Steve Bruce all over again... lol

Regards 

THJ 

Yes, he's not liked and if you've spent any time with him , know his previous and listened to his ' surmons ' you can understand why.

Lets hope he talks less and let's the results speak for him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Yes, he's not liked and if you've spent any time with him , know his previous and listened to his ' surmons ' you can understand why.

Talks Less?

Never going to happen.

12 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

12 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Talks Less?

Never going to happen.

Honestly

To be fair I don't know the guy and the last time I spoke to him was in the bar at Brough and he was still the Buxton manager so that shows how long ago that was... and he came across okay from the very occasional chats we had when he came along with Ged... but I'm happy to cut the guy some slack and genuinely wish him well

I would hope folk give him a break and support him and the team... seems certain people just want to write him off before he has even started the job and there is an old adage "one volunteer is better than 10 pressed men" and George English and his sycophants were often accused of not talking enough... or at least not giving the fans any info or telling the fans what was going on whatsoever... 

Who knows he could be a breath of fresh air... the next Dave Younghusband even... 

Regards 

THJ 

Spelling,