British Speedway Forum

Is not Newcastle the only club who use Sunday as there main day? I know other clubs use Sunday's as there off day. 

Edited by pitstop84
Wrong wording
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, toontrader said:

With George English retiring does this mean that Newcastle are classed as a new promotion and 

1. Don't get to vote at BSPA meeting for 2/3 years

2. Won't get priority over other Sunday tracks

Newcastle should not get a vote for three years . The Stoke promoter was in the NL , that won't count for Championship issues but then who knows what they will allow these days as your not supposed to be a promoter at more than one track , but that one got overlooked if your on the committee! .

Newcastle are the only Sunday track in the division.

• Like 1

Have the bspa not changed the vote, now think you can vote after one year? Also they will still get priority over the rest of the league on Sunday's. 

45 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Newcastle should not get a vote for three years . The Stoke promoter was in the NL , that won't count for Championship issues but then who knows what they will allow these days as your not supposed to be a promoter at more than one track , but that one got overlooked if your on the committee! .

Newcastle are the only Sunday track in the division.

I think you’ll find that there are promoters licensed as such at more than one track. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

I think you’ll find that there are promoters licensed as such at more than one track. 

That is against the BSPA's own rule book.

Whilst we all know the rules are being bent you will not find their names listed at more than one track. The ' offenders' have put puppets in  the title roles.

ones that spring to mind are

Chapman,  not listed as promoter at either Ipswich or Peterbrough is he? but as the co/ owner ?

The Bates put Machin in at Leicester, and Dickson, whilst they covered Sheffield.

CVS , promoter at Wolves and a shareholder at Redcar, not a promoter.

Are there others ?

1 minute ago, Ringitsneck said:

Whilst we all know the rules are being bent you will not find their names listed at more than one track. The ' offenders' have put puppets in  the title roles.

Chapman,  not listed as promoter at either Ipswich or Peterbrough is he? but as the co/ owner ?

The Bates put Machin in at Leicester, and Dickson, whilst they covered Sheffield.

Are there others ?

BSPA rule book is written in pencil.

Im not sure you are right with Buster but I'm sure someone will clarify it.

3 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Are there others ?

Sorry. That was a typo by me! I missed one crucial word. What I meant to say was there was there are no promoters licensed at more than one track. CVS was shown as such more than 10 years ago, but that was changed. There is a rule, however that an individual who is a director and or a shareholder at more than one track, they still are liable for the activities of the all three businesses they are involved with

29/03/20 1830 90th Anniversary Celebration, Newcastle has this time been amended as I am sure I red it was a 5pm start with the gates opening at 3pm? but the above details are taken from the bspa website!

22 minutes ago, mike7164 said:

29/03/20 1830 90th Anniversary Celebration, Newcastle has this time been amended as I am sure I red it was a 5pm start with the gates opening at 3pm? but the above details are taken from the bspa website!

BSPA website (not for the first time!!) is incorrect. As you say 5pm start with gates open at 3pm.  Adults £10, OAP/Students £5, Kiddie Winks FREE.  You  can also purchase VIP Hospitality for £30.

• Like 1

I have just tried looking at the Newcastle website but all the news items come up with a 404-0 error saying they are not found or have been removed. 

42 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I have just tried looking at the Newcastle website but all the news items come up with a 404-0 error saying they are not found or have been removed. 

Have you tried the new website or the old website. The new one is Newcastle-Speedway.co.uk

Edited by Tsunami

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Have you tried the new website or the old website. The new one is Newcastle-Speedway.co.uk

I used the link from the BSPA site but I suspect they still have a link to the old site! I will try a Google search for the new one. 

EDIT:- The new site works well, just a shame the BSPA are behind the times for not the first time. It would be even better if they could publish the correct start time for meetings! Good luck to Rob and everyone at Newcastle Speedway in 2020.

Edited by Chris116
Added extra details.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2020 at 7:09 PM, Ringitsneck said:

Are there others ?

You may find machine has stepped away from speedway duties until further notice & if it wasn't for buster where would Peterborough & kings Lynn be now.... I reckon maybe closed 

Edited by pienpeesman
Error

11 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

You may find machine has stepped away from speedway duties until further notice & if it wasn't for buster where would Ipswich Peterborough & kings Lynn be now.... I reckon maybe closed 

Buster has got nothing to do with Ipswich ...