British Speedway Forum

17 minutes ago, mike7164 said:

Sadly due to health reasons currently in hospital after having an operation and also developing the flu afterwards which was slow down the recovery I'm currently in isolation so sadly will not make Stuart Robson meatimg, which I am devastated as it would be probably one of the only meatings that I would have attended all year so I hope all goes well for him. Good luck Stuy!

As for Newcastle not running the meeting I think it is shocking he finished his career with Newcastle so that is a shame on the diamonds, but not necessarily shame on Rob because he's just taken over at the club but shame on others that could of and should of done it earlier.

That all depends on when he applied for it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, StevePark said:

That all depends on when he applied for it.

Imo that shouldn't make any difference as he has not ridden for a long time now and there were far to many blank weeks in2019

2 hours ago, mike7164 said:

Sadly due to health reasons currently in hospital after having an operation and also developing the flu afterwards which was slow down the recovery I'm currently in isolation so sadly will not make Stuart Robson meatimg, which I am devastated as it would be probably one of the only meatings that I would have attended all year so I hope all goes well for him. Good luck Stuy!

As for Newcastle not running the meeting I think it is shocking he finished his career with Newcastle so that is a shame on the diamonds, but not necessarily shame on Rob because he's just taken over at the club but shame on others that could of and should of done it earlier.

How do you know that Robbo didn't go straight to Redcar to ask them if he could hold it there. It's up to him after all. It's likely, from speaking with Robbo at his last meeting at Workington, that HE didn't want the meeting run last season, if at all at the time. It's also highly probable that he will make more out of having it at Redcar. The rent, if he's paying any. will be a lot less than what it would be at Newcastle. He'll possibly get a bigger crowd on a Saturday at Redcar than any other night and a saturday could be the best option for him. Too many dogs at Newcastle on a saturday for that to be an option.

• Like 2

Imo that shouldn't make any difference as he has not ridden for a long time now and there were far to many blank weeks in2019

He wanted to run it at Newcastle this season but with the doubt about continuing in 2020 he had to opt for another track not his fault.. but the Newcastle promotion are doing a lot to help his day be a success...

• Like 3

Blank weekends are primarily held for rain off etc & also availability of decent riders becomes a problem as when the season gets up & running they have to concentrate on the league fixtures that's probably why it's either at the start or at the end of the season when riders hold there farewell/testimonials to attract a decent line up

Clerk of the course Graham has been told his services are no longer needed after doing the task for about 26 years, but he is being rewarded as he can gain entry to the first meeting for £5 instead of the full price of £10. Now thats not bad for 26 years service.

20 hours ago, Winditon said:

You still got your job Steve.?Rumours a lot of the previous lot are no longer required. I.e. Roy, Clerk of the course Graham and turnstile people. 

Plenty to do.

20 hours ago, Winditon said:

You still got your job Steve.?Rumours a lot of the previous lot are no longer required. I.e. Roy, Clerk of the course Graham and turnstile people. 

Never new he had a job lol.....

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Plenty to do.

Plenty to do this Sunday if you fancy getting nice & dirty from 10ish but keep a check for info in case  the weather calls it off 

Edited by pienpeesman
Thanks in advance
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pienpeesman said:

Plenty to do this Sunday if you fancy getting nice & dirty from 10ish but keep a check for info in case  the weather calls it off .. cheers in advance

Edited by pienpeesman
Error
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Plenty to do this Sunday if you fancy getting nice & dirty from 10ish but keep a check for info in case  the weather calls it off 

Wish I could, but my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is limiting what I can do at the moment :sad:

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, StevePark said:

Wish I could, but my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is limiting what I can do at the moment :sad:

Didn't stop me doing graft at the track even before my ops on both hands STEVE... #battleonthroighit

On 3/9/2020 at 3:57 PM, mike7164 said:

Hope your recovery goes well and you get to some meetings this season