British Speedway Forum

Looks like the 90th and the start of the season are in jeopardy due to covid 19....

Denmark locked down until the 4th of April stymie Claus... Czech republic closes borders tomorrow for God knows how long will stuff Ondrej as he is over there... and with the Jocks putting a block on gatherings of more than 500 people which will inevitably role down here... I reckon once the Ben Fund meeting is done the real action might not start till about 1st June 2020... 

Oh and I've got a ticket for the Czech GP in Prague going cheap if anyone is interested... Doh....

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Looks like the 90th and the start of the season are in jeopardy due to covid 19....

Denmark locked down until the 4th of April stymie Claus... Czech republic closes borders tomorrow for God knows how long will stuff Ondrej as he is over there... and with the Jocks putting a block on gatherings of more than 500 people which will inevitably role down here... I reckon once the Ben Fund meeting is done the real action might not start till about 1st June 2020... 

Oh and I've got a ticket for the Czech GP in Prague going cheap if anyone is interested... Doh....

Regards 

THJ 

Will a flock of starlings do for the ticket & I can get me MIT's on plenty ANDREX just for keeps

• Haha 1

On 3/12/2020 at 10:13 PM, Bandit59 said:

Hope your recovery goes well and you get to some meetings this season

Thanks for your well wish I can confirm now that I am out of isolation and clear of a flu, although still very ill in hospital due to complications but sadly Stewart Robson meeting was the only meeting I was guaranteeimg looking to attend in 2020!

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 1:10 PM, Winditon said:

You still got your job Steve.?Rumours a lot of the previous lot are no longer required. I.e. Roy, Clerk of the course Graham and turnstile people. 

And Pipey 

Excellent performance from James Wright this afternoon at Scunny. Far better than I was expecting I have to admit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boro Bare said:

Excellent performance from James Wright this afternoon at Scunny. Far better than I was expecting I have to admit. 

Once you no how to ride a bike you never lose it & the more time your on it the better you become 

Would be interesting to find out if he jumped or was pushed. That's providing that he has actually left.

Where has it been announced that he has left? Certainly not on the BSPA or Newcastle sites when I looked a minute ago! Is this inside information or fake news?

19 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Where has it been announced that he has left? Certainly not on the BSPA or Newcastle sites when I looked a minute ago! Is this inside information or fake news?

He's said it on Facebook:

This is what he said (copied and pasted from his status):

"Not the best start to a day, but life moves on and there’s more serious things going on in the world right now, to dwell too much on the news I’ve received this morning.

Today I have been released from my duties as Newcastle Speedway Team Manager. May I wish the club and the riders all the best for the season ahead and beyond. There’s been no falling out. Just sometimes decisions have to be made, even if it’s ones we don’t like!"

Edited by StevePark
To copy and paste Facebook status
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, erniew said:

Would be interesting to find out if he jumped or was pushed. That's providing that he has actually left.

Think Steve Park's post above provides the answer to your question.

As to why - anyone's guess !!

39 minutes ago, StevePark said:

He's said it on Facebook:

This is what he said (copied and pasted from his status):

"Not the best start to a day, but life moves on and there’s more serious things going on in the world right now, to dwell too much on the news I’ve received this morning.

Today I have been released from my duties as Newcastle Speedway Team Manager. May I wish the club and the riders all the best for the season ahead and beyond. There’s been no falling out. Just sometimes decisions have to be made, even if it’s ones we don’t like!"

Thank you for the information Steve, sad news but I suspect we can all guess what has caused this. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

Thank you for the information Steve, sad news but I suspect we can all guess what has caused this. 

How about a clue at least?

• Like 1

Rob is certainly ruffling a lot of feathers to say the least. At the first social do after the takeover he categorically stated the all the existing staff/volunteers would be retained. Yet, six weeks to the start of the season ALL of the "front" volunteers (i.e. turnstile operators, program sellers, etc.) were told that their services were not required this season. Without explanation, as far as I'm aware. Most of whom have been there for ten years or more. Personally I think that's a disgrace. If they were employed they would have strong grounds for unfair dismissal.