British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Aceslider said:

How about a clue at least?

The likely cancellation of the first three months of the season and possibly longer.

1 hour ago, leander said:

Rob is certainly ruffling a lot of feathers to say the least. At the first social do after the takeover he categorically stated the all the existing staff/volunteers would be retained. Yet, six weeks to the start of the season ALL of the "front" volunteers (i.e. turnstile operators, program sellers, etc.) were told that their services were not required this season. Without explanation, as far as I'm aware. Most of whom have been there for ten years or more. Personally I think that's a disgrace. If they were employed they would have strong grounds for unfair dismissal. 

There's obviously a lot more gone on in that department of the club over the years but track staff ( volunteers ) have a stayed on board without no problem at all

9 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

There's obviously a lot more gone on in that department of the club over the years but track staff ( volunteers ) have a stayed on board without no problem at all

Interesting staff meeting last week?

Edited by ruffdiamond

Just now, ruffdiamond said:

Interesting staff meeting last week. 

Just a wee bit & you know where I'm coming from then 

• Like 1

D Day for speedway tomorrow as it's been brought forward on the PANDEMIC & we must congratulate the Chinese ( allegedly ) for causing the spread

Darren Hartley new manager. That could be a shrewd appointment I mean least he will know the rules inside out unlike some other team managers.

• Haha 1

What are the “unforeseen circumstances” that means you replace a team manager before the season starts? 

Not that the season will be starting any time soon.

37 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

D Day for speedway tomorrow as it's been brought forward on the PANDEMIC & we must congratulate the Chinese ( allegedly ) for causing the spread

Av never had a Chinese since Boxing Day, but if you can survive a meal from there, you should be able to survive most things, it's not got the name 'The Toxic Takeaway' for nothing.

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Honestly

If as rumoured; next week; the government tell pensioners over 70 to self isolate and dont venture out for the next four month the Newcastlse average crowd of 600 will drop to about 60.... Doh!!!

Regards

THJ 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

If as rumoured; next week; the government tell pensioners over 70 to self isolate and dont venture out for the next four month the Newcastlse average crowd of 600 will drop to about 60.... Doh!!!

Regards

THJ 

I think that will go for most clubs if I am honest.

I know it certainly will at my club Leicester.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionspride said:

Darren Hartley new manager. That could be a shrewd appointment I mean least he will know the rules inside out unlike some other team managers.

Darren will bring more than that to the table. He is an ex rider who still has a runout occasionally, knows all the other referees, well acquainted with Newcastle as a club and will know most of the riders. I welcome him to the club, he's straight forward and a good guy. :P

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Darren will bring more than that to the table. He is an ex rider who still has a runout occasionally, knows all the other referees, well acquainted with Newcastle as a club and will know most of the riders. I welcome him to the club, he's straight forward and a good guy. :P

Even Brian Clough lasted longer at Leeds than Pipe.

• Haha 1

Anyone know when the practice sessions are, is it this Sunday with the official one on the Monday?

Regards

D@H

20 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Anyone know when the practice sessions are, is it this Sunday with the official one on the Monday?

Regards

D@H

Practice Sun 22nd Mar. Press Day 23rd March, but keep an eye on things as this may change.

BUT... in addition

Facebook statement:

Unfortunately, with the current global situation with coronavirus, we are making the decision to postpone the press and practice social event on the Sunday evening, until the situation becomes clearer.

We have not taken this decision lightly but the health and safety of all our staff, riders and supporters is of our upmost importance.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter. Further details will be released in due course.

Edited by StevePark