British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Was he not from Berwick.?

That would be Steve Hayward who stepped in for a week (or two) due to holidays (I think!).

• Like 1

Can someone who knows please have a word with the promotion regarding the new website.  It is fffffing dogrubbishe, the news articles at the top for a start, the images don't even fit in the space they are placed in, this is basic web design and I hope Rob Grant or Newcastle have not paid for this service.  Don't even get me start on the rest, I see the first error and close the site, I only went back ontoday to see if it had changed, Nope!!

I appreciate I have moaned about this before but it is embarrassing. :mad:

51 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Can someone who knows please have a word with the promotion regarding the new website.  It is fffffing dogrubbishe, the news articles at the top for a start, the images don't even fit in the space they are placed in, this is basic web design and I hope Rob Grant or Newcastle have not paid for this service.  Don't even get me start on the rest, I see the first error and close the site, I only went back ontoday to see if it had changed, Nope!!

There is  more things to worry about at the minute than a website...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

wonder what workington fans would give for a poor website  and speedway thrown in .

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

What, the late Irish comedian?

hands up who did not see that one coming . . 

its the way i type em ...

18 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

What, the late Irish comedian?

Don't think so, as he would have been at least a bit funny. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, soupy said:

There is  more things to worry about at the minute than a website...

Oh I'm so sorry, I'll just toddle off and self isolate and keep my opinions to myself. 

5 hours ago, jenga said:

wonder what workington fans would give for a poor website  and speedway thrown in .

When u bump into one feel free to ask them and let me know, then I'll stick a notice in the Times and Star for u. :o

On 3/16/2020 at 9:27 PM, toontrader said:

Whilst it would have been nicer to tell them earlier, I also welcome a new broom.

it has been really irritating as a fan to watch and hear the secret code amongst the in crowd of ‘we know whats happening but we aren’t telling you.’

Welcome to terraces and life on the other side of the pits fence gentlemen.

Don't expect anything to change in that respect. After the last social evening (organised, I believe, by the supporters club. Certainly not Newcastle Speedway) the Supporters club facebook page had a post detailing how much they had raised on the night (around about £1200). This post was quickly removed at the insistence of Mr. Grant.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

Oh I'm so sorry, I'll just toddle off and self isolate and keep my opinions to myself. 

Please do ;)

1 hour ago, NSSG said:

I run the Supporters group, and I assure the post was not removed at all by the "insistence of Mr. Grant". If you look on the Supporters Facebook page, all monies that have been raised at the social events are clearly detailed in posts on the page (the last one being 9th Feb). There would be no need to ever have a post removed of this nature.

There are a lot of opinions that circulate on this forum (but not limited to) and not a lot of truth from what I can see. It still astounds me that to this day, there are still people who will gladly find a problem to every solution! Without Rob, Newcastle Speedway would not even be in anyone's consideration this year, never mind running. As with any company in trouble and under new management, things must change in order to sustain longevity, and if people actually care about Newcastle being able to continue to run for many years to come, then I would expect them to be showing slightly more gratitude and trust in the person that's saved speedway on Tyneside, as he could also have so easily decided to walk away from his decision to save our club. 

As for the website, it has been stated before, but I will state it again, that the new design of the website was already agreed before the takeover. It may not be to everyone's taste, however it runs off the same web design as many other clubs in the country, and we will continue to run with it until at least next year. 

Finally, in regard to Jason. Rob is more than entitled to have the people on HIS team that he sees fit. It may not have seemed fair to Jason, but unfortunately in business decisions have to be made that may not be popular, but will benefit the business in the long run. Everyone at Newcastle wishes Jason well and there is no animosity between us or him, it was just simply a business decision that needed to be altered before the season began. 

I sincerely hope this clears up a few issues on here. 

Very well said !! However on the post from Leander ( who obviously ain't got a clue what has had to be done during Rob's short rain as company owner now yes that's OWNER ) why instead of before posting on this page come along to the track where we gave been for the Sundays nearly every single one since January getting sorted for the season & having a word with Rob or Rachel as to how the raised funds are to be used and for all the new equipment that has been delivered & used etc Instead of playing on the keyboard Leander may change there mind before posting & give the club a bit more backing & could also with open arms you and anybody else who fancies Volunteering to help out you know where we are 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, NSSG said:

I run the Supporters group, and I assure the post was not removed at all by the "insistence of Mr. Grant". If you look on the Supporters Facebook page, all monies that have been raised at the social events are clearly detailed in posts on the page (the last one being 9th Feb). There would be no need to ever have a post removed of this nature.

There are a lot of opinions that circulate on this forum (but not limited to) and not a lot of truth from what I can see. It still astounds me that to this day, there are still people who will gladly find a problem to every solution! Without Rob, Newcastle Speedway would not even be in anyone's consideration this year, never mind running. As with any company in trouble and under new management, things must change in order to sustain longevity, and if people actually care about Newcastle being able to continue to run for many years to come, then I would expect them to be showing slightly more gratitude and trust in the person that's saved speedway on Tyneside, as he could also have so easily decided to walk away from his decision to save our club. 

As for the website, it has been stated before, but I will state it again, that the new design of the website was already agreed before the takeover. It may not be to everyone's taste, however it runs off the same web design as many other clubs in the country, and we will continue to run with it until at least next year. 

Finally, in regard to Jason. Rob is more than entitled to have the people on HIS team that he sees fit. It may not have seemed fair to Jason, but unfortunately in business decisions have to be made that may not be popular, but will benefit the business in the long run. Everyone at Newcastle wishes Jason well and there is no animosity between us or him, it was just simply a business decision that needed to be altered before the season began. 

I sincerely hope this clears up a few issues on here. 

A first class post 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1