British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, NSSG said:

I run the Supporters group, and I assure the post was not removed at all by the "insistence of Mr. Grant". If you look on the Supporters Facebook page, all monies that have been raised at the social events are clearly detailed in posts on the page (the last one being 9th Feb). There would be no need to ever have a post removed of this nature.

There are a lot of opinions that circulate on this forum (but not limited to) and not a lot of truth from what I can see. It still astounds me that to this day, there are still people who will gladly find a problem to every solution! Without Rob, Newcastle Speedway would not even be in anyone's consideration this year, never mind running. As with any company in trouble and under new management, things must change in order to sustain longevity, and if people actually care about Newcastle being able to continue to run for many years to come, then I would expect them to be showing slightly more gratitude and trust in the person that's saved speedway on Tyneside, as he could also have so easily decided to walk away from his decision to save our club. 

As for the website, it has been stated before, but I will state it again, that the new design of the website was already agreed before the takeover. It may not be to everyone's taste, however it runs off the same web design as many other clubs in the country, and we will continue to run with it until at least next year. 

Finally, in regard to Jason. Rob is more than entitled to have the people on HIS team that he sees fit. It may not have seemed fair to Jason, but unfortunately in business decisions have to be made that may not be popular, but will benefit the business in the long run. Everyone at Newcastle wishes Jason well and there is no animosity between us or him, it was just simply a business decision that needed to be altered before the season began. 

I sincerely hope this clears up a few issues on here. 

Well said 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2020 at 7:50 PM, pienpeesman said:

Very well said !! However on the post from Leander ( who obviously ain't got a clue what has had to be done during Rob's short rain as company owner now yes that's OWNER ) why instead of before posting on this page come along to the track where we gave been for the Sundays nearly every single one since January getting sorted for the season & having a word with Rob or Rachel as to how the raised funds are to be used and for all the new equipment that has been delivered & used etc Instead of playing on the keyboard Leander may change there mind before posting & give the club a bit more backing & could also with open arms you and anybody else who fancies Volunteering to help out you know where we are 

Firstly, I apologise for the mistake regarding the removal of the facebook post in February. I made a mistake and hold my hands up to that error. I seemed to remember going back to the post to make a comment congratulating the NSSG on a job well done to find a message stating that it had been taken down at Mr. Grant's request. Obviously that was not the case and I am sorry.

Secondly, I would like nothing better than to be able to come and help on Sundays. However, you don't know me or my circumstances. My mother lives with me and she is approaching 100 years old, and leaving her for any length of time alone is a no no. Last season I missed 3 meetings in total home and away. I usually have to pay quite considerable sums to organise care for her. Usually well over £150 if it has to be overnight. 

I have helped the club in the past as and when I could and will possibly do so again as and when circumstances permit.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Remember...

The clocks change on the 29th of March..

Really looking forward to another hour in the house!!!

Eh!!!

Regards

THJ

Thought it would be an hour less, you'll have to wait until Autumn for that mate.

Just now, ruffdiamond said:

Thought it would be an hour less, you'll have to wait until Autumn for that mate.

Honestly

No Ruff...

Spring Forward Fall Back unfortunately... and while I have you on Please Be Careful

If you receive an email or Whats-App with the subject line "Ding Dong"!!!

Whatever you do "don't" open it 

They're Jehovah Witnesses working from home...

Eh!!!

Regards
THJ

• Thanks 1

:t:

Edited by IronScorpion
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

You are right in Spring Forward Autumn(leaves fall) Back but Ruff is correct. :t:

What is say 9am Saturday in 24 hours time will be 10am Sunday(we lose an hour)

Well thanks for clearing that up...

Every cloud and all that... not all bad news then is it?

Regards
THJ

Hes a clever lad that Ruff you know; definitely not as green as he is cabbage looking...

Starting to suss him out... he just pretends to be daft...

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Haha 1

Even I doubted myself then.

Too much time on our hands & overthinking.

Keep Safe

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well thanks for clearing that up...

Every cloud and all that... not all bad news then is it?

Regards
THJ

Hes a clever lad that Ruff you know; definitely not as green as he is cabbage looking...

So you and, all our friends stuck in Brtiain can look forward to spending an hour less in the house this weekend instead :t:

Whilst the rest of the world can't, we don't do things the British way for nothing, hope that goes a little way to help cheer the nation up.

BTW,,, if you've been allocated a shopping delivery slot at 2 AM on Sunday, you might be ffffed.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I learned that tactic from me brother in law.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Don't call him Boris by any chance do they?

Regards
THJ

Naa, Wor Dave ;)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Remember...

The clocks change on the 29th of March..

Really looking forward to another hour in the house!!!

Eh!!!

Regards

THJ

Its only another blink of the eye in the life span of our planet. We're too insignificant in the whole scale of things to worry about a clock change. Live every day and try to be happy. Sorry been on the wine with my dinner, I'll have a rest now :unsure:

• Haha 1

During this pretty scary period nothing much is happening on the side of news in speedway, i'm just trying to keep speedway in people's minds if you like. I was thinking would people like to select there dream team 7 from any riders who have ridden for us until the current day? It might help pass a bit of time :D

I'll start I only started going to speedway in 97 when the diamonds re opened,

1) Jesper Olsen (Was very exciting to watch a great servant to the diamonds unfortunately had a few injuries later on in his career.

2) Nicki P (Only with us for one season but wow some of his over taking was brilliant, even in his one season you could tell he'd go on to bigger and better things.

3) Bjarne Pedersen (Again done quite a lot of work from the gate but a super consistent rider rarely seen him break down, could be ruthless when he needed to be.

4 Kenny Bjerre (I went to Berwick away his first meeting for us I think he only scored a point thought to myself what have we signed here! But as soon as the league program started he was fl$ying and some of his passing was brilliant.)

5) Kenni Larsen (Again another brilliant starter, had a magnificent 2010 as did most of our team, scored bucket load of points for us. A shame things outside of speedway took his career off the rails.)

6 Rene Bach (I think probably my favourite diamond... couldn't make a start to save his life but brilliant watching him come from behind, awful injury which i don't really think he ever got over. But still a joy to watch when he's on song.)

7 James Grieves (Only with us for 2 seasons i think but 2005 was fantastic especially at home, scored a lot of maximums. Dipped a little the second year but a really good signing wish he'd stayed for longer.)

Well that's my choice I look forward to seeing everyone elses!

Edited by bloom89
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

During this pretty scary period nothing much is happening on the side of news in speedway, i'm just trying to keep speedway in people's minds if you like. I was thinking would people like to select there dream team 7 from any riders who have ridden for us until the current day? It might help pass a bit of time :D

I'll start I only started going to speedway in 97 when the diamonds re opened,

1) Jesper Olsen (Totally different to Bentley was very exciting to watch a great servant to the diamonds unfortunately had a few injuries later on in his career.

2) Nicki P (Only with us for one season but wow some of his over taking was brilliant, even in his one season you could tell he'd go on to bigger and better things.

3) Bjarne Pedersen (Again done quite a lot of work from the gate but a super consistent rider rarely seen him break down, could be ruthless when he needed to be.

4 Kenny Bjerre (I went to Berwick away his first meeting for us I think he only scored a point thought to myself what have we signed here! But as soon as the league program started he was fl$ying and some of his passing was brilliant.)

5) Kenni Larsen (Again another brilliant starter, had a magnificent 2010 as did most of our team, scored bucket load of points for us. A shame things outside of speedway took his career off the rails.)

6 Rene Bach (I think probably my favourite diamond... couldn't make a start to save his life but brilliant watching him come from behind, awful injury which i don't really think he ever got over. But still a joy to watch when he's on song.)

7 James Grieves (Only with us for 2 seasons i think but 2005 was fantastic especially at home, scored a lot of maximums. Dipped a little the second year but a really good signing wish he'd stayed for longer.)

Well that's my choice I look forward to seeing everyone elses!

Think I would have great difficulty in changing any of those riders. In terms of KB, he originally suffered a lot with his bikes and settings. Eventually his Dad came over, and I remember he walked into the pits with a stack of carbs about the size of a shoebox and all brand new. That seemed to fix it, and, with his gating. he was soon near unbeatable. He rode our track an entirely different way to how anybody else had before. He tried to make the straights as long as possible going straight out to the fence turning in the middle of the bend. It worked for him so much that Andre and Kevin immediately changed their usual racing line with the same results. Ludde came close to the same line sometimes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1