British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

You would have thought there would have been a thread on this somewhere.......

i think it was pulled off . cannot see it now .! ! !

5 hours ago, jenga said:

you need to get that cough sorted out A.S.A.P.  you have had it a while now !

A used to cough to hide a fart....

Now a fart to hide a cough....

Cough cough...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

You would have thought there would have been a thread on this somewhere.......

28 minutes ago, jenga said:

i think it was pulled off . cannot see it now .! ! !

Jenga is correct there was one but just like Jason it got a bit naughty on there so it was canned...

There will be more to come out but it will be a case of wait and see I would suggest...

Regards 

THJ 

So according to Jorgensen his least favourite track is Newcastle !! So why did he sign for us ? 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

So according to Jorgensen his least favourite track is Newcastle !! So why did he sign for us ? 

Am guessing either 1. No one else wanted him 2. No one could fit him in because of his average. 3. Newcastle offered him so much money that greed got the better of him and he chased the filthy lucre even though he isn't keen on the track...

Just guessing like...

Or as an edit 4. maybe he came to Newcastle to master a track that he has on occasions struggled at... and maybe he thought he would end up a better rider... Danes do have a penchant for making a name for themselves at Newcastle... maybe his reason for coming was totally honourable...

Yep a like that reason better...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Like 1

TJ is normally a gater which should suit Brough but his gating gloves let him down last season. He never got the hang of passing people which, after the first two bends, is normally done on the fourth bend. That’s where I watch from and he just went mid track all the time. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

TJ is normally a gater which should suit Brough but his gating gloves let him down last season. He never got the hang of passing people which, after the first two bends, is normally done on the fourth bend. That’s where I watch from and he just went mid track all the time. 

Very true. it was known he was a gater and is for Kings Lynn as his results show. Known as a gater, and also having the special gizmos on his bike to improve it, he regular failed to reset it at the start, and after moving first would usually be third into the 1st bend. 

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Am guessing either 1. No one else wanted him 2. No one could fit him in because of his average. 3. Newcastle offered him so much money that greed got the better of him and he chased the filthy lucre even though he isn't keen on the track...

Just guessing like...

Or as an edit 4. maybe he came to Newcastle to master a track that he has on occasions struggled at... and maybe he thought he would end up a better rider... Danes do have a penchant for making a name for themselves at Newcastle... maybe his reason for coming was totally honourable...

Regards 

THJ 

Could possibly be any one of those things.

His first couple of meetings, I thought, hold on we might have something here.

That didn't last long for whatever reason,,, but did seem a strange signing at the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Very true. it was known he was a hater and dis for Kings Lynn as his results show. Known as a gater, and also having the special gizmos on his bike to improve it, he regular failed to reset it at the start, and after moving first would usually be third into the 1st bend. 

So his gizmos basically never worked ha

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Just guessing like...

Regards 

THJ 

Sadly, I think it is option 3, which fits the bill.

• Haha 1

I once asked the late, great Ivan Mauger, who knew a thing or two million about the Brough Park / Newcastle Stadium track, why he chose Newcastle for son Kym's first club.  He replied (words to the effect) "it's a bit of a tricky track but if you master it you should ride all tracks better or at least you will improve as a rider.  Plus the Geordies up there are great, friendly people and if they can see you are trying your best, then they will support you all the way which is very important especially when you are starting out".  Couldn't have put it better myself....

Edited by martinmauger
missing 4th full stop.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

So his gizmos basically never worked ha

They distracted him, as he couldn't seem to get it right, meaning if he started first he was usually third into the bend. Why did it work at KL but not Newcastle ?.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

He signed for us a couple of years ago and backed out.

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

He signed for us a couple of years ago and backed out.

Thought it was him ;)