British Speedway Forum

32 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Arr ok, it's not nice to lose them, I've said that the one I have now, will be the last, he's 11 next month and starting to get a bit cranky, but hopefully has many miles left. But was just thinking of something for you to do whilst the pub is shut,,,

What about a bicycle ?,,, then just chuck it on the tip when the pubs open :t:

Hey man a bicycle... am a fat lad noo... sounds like to much exercise that... I would only go on a bicycle if it was a "Goodies Style Trandem" with Pienpeesman in the front you in the middle and me on the back... if them's the best things ya can think ov go and lie down till the thinking wears off...

Lidl (Shields Road) are doing 20 bottles of Stella Artois (not me favourite but it does at a push) for £9.99 and I have been five times now in the last week and bought a brace at each visit so am well stocked up for the moment... 200 little amber bullets in a green bottle... just need two more for the fridge in the office and that will be it just about cracked for the rest of the month...

Am built for comfort these days not rushing around; been there done that got the tee shirt...

So we've had Plan A a dog and Plan B a bicycle whats Plan C cos neither of them have floated me boat

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Hey man a bicycle... am a fat lad noo... sounds like to much exercise that... I would only go on a bicycle if it was a "Goodies Style Trandem" with Pienpeesman in the front you in the middle and me on the back... if them's the best things ya can think ov go and lie down till the thinking wears off...

Lidl (Shields Road) are doing 20 bottles of Stella Artois (not me favourite but it does at a push) for £9.99 and I have been five times now in the last week and bought a brace at each visit so am well stocked up for the moment... 200 little amber bullets in a green bottle... just need two more for the fridge in the office and that will be it just about cracked for the rest of the month...

Am built for comfort these days not rushing around; been there done that got the tee shirt...

So we've had Plan A a dog and Plan B a bicycle whats Plan C cos neither of them have floated me boat

Regards
THJ

Plan C,,, ye any good at decorating?

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Plan C,,, ye any good at decorating?

Your not wor lass are ya Jesus it goes form bad to worse... go and take that dog oot for a walk ya need to shake ya napper...

Sorry but am socially distancing from any work whatsoever... especially Decorating... ad rather pay someone to do that rather than me do it...

You'll be tellin as to get the hoover and the iron oot next... OMG...

Good ideas are definitely not ya strong point Ruff...

Regards
THJ

48 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Your not wor lass are ya Jesus it goes form bad to worse... go and take that dog oot for a walk ya need to shake ya napper...

Sorry but am socially distancing from any work whatsoever... especially Decorating... ad rather pay someone to do that rather than me do it...

You'll be tellin as to get the hoover and the iron oot next... OMG...

Good ideas are definitely not ya strong point Ruff...

Regards
THJ

Do you wanna wash me van then? ;)

Al pay ye...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Do you wanna wash me van then? ;)

Al pay ye...

God loves a trier... a divin"t wash me own vehicles let alone anyone else's... al pay ye to recommend someone else...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

God loves a trier... a divin"t wash me own vehicles let alone anyone else's... al pay ye to recommend someone else...

Regards 

THJ 

Ye divvint de much de ye, thought you washed your 'Del Boy Capri' last week? ;)

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Ye divvint de much de ye, thought you washed your 'Del Boy Capri' last week? ;)

A washed everything a had even me sel... ya can get bored once in ya life on a warm day and regret it for ever...  a even found and filled me washer bottle...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
THJ

Plan C has got to be open a micro brewery, & pay yourself a massive salary as chief taster !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, proud panther said:

Plan C has got to be open a micro brewery, & pay yourself a massive salary as chief taster !!

Probably will drink all the profit lol There is a few now in Newcastle and the two I like is  The mean eyed cat and The Box social.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, soupy said:

Probably will drink all the profit lol There is a few now in Newcastle and the two I like is  The mean eyed cat and The Box social.

If it breaks even, THJ will be over the moon !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, proud panther said:

What's the nearest 1 to byker 

2 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

What's the nearest 1 to Byker 

Honestly Mal these Micro Breweries will not be your bag mate; they are far to expensive for a tight "arris" like your good self... I mentioned yesterday Lidl Byker 20 Bottles of Stella £9.99 is more you for sure... but never mind if you want to try a bit of culture and hit some local ones just to say you have been... there is the Anarchy Brew Co at the Benfield Business Park, https://anarchybrewco.com/taproom/ Nice food and The Boot Boy Brown Ale is very tasty; oh and a warning they don't do full pints!! beer comes in 1/3 and 2/3 pint glasses!!! (three good swallies and a big one has gone) If you want something cheaper you can try the Middle Club on Walker Road where you will find the Tyne Bank Brewery & Tap Room which actual name is the St Peters Club rather than the Middle Club for the uninitiated https://en-gb.facebook.com/stpetersclub/  haven't been in the Middle Club for a long time now but it was always a canny spot. The Tyne Bank Brewery & Tap Room was the one originally on Brinkburn Street (I think) and one of the first Micro Breweries in the local area and the first one I ever tried until they went into the club but they still brew the beer round the back (again I think) on Brinkburn Street. So it doesn't travel very far... around 20 metres I reckon (if that) Then there is the new one which I have been made aware of but haven't been to yet in Hoult's Yard but Charlie Hoult has been raving about it on Linked-in and once the ban is lifted and the Pubs open back up again I will be giving it a go... this one is called the Full Circle Brew Co  https://fullcirclebrew.co.uk/ and another spot on the same site The Pip Stop https://www.thepipstop.co.uk/ but I think The Pip Stop is more of an outlet for the stuff rather than a micro brewery but as I say I will give those two a go and see what the craic is once we get back to some sort of normality... If you want an invite when I go let me know and the first round is on me... That goes for anyone else who fancies a pint its an open invite and all three of these spots are within a 2 mile radius of Brough Park just for a reference...

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

What's the nearest 1 to byker 

About 5 roughly .Tyne bank tap room375 Walkergate located in St. Peter’s social club ltd,Anarchy Brew Tap Walkergate,Tyne Bank tap on walker road,Full circle brew tap in hoults  yard Walker road and finally the Heaton tap in East Heaton.I feel like a real ale trip now lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, soupy said:

About 5 roughly .Tyne bank tap room375 Walkergate located in St. Peter’s social club ltd,Anarchy Brew Tap Walkergate,Tyne Bank tap on walker road,Full circle brew tap in hoults  yard Walker road and finally the Heaton tap in East Heaton.I feel like a real ale trip now lol

Have you done any of them though Soupy that's the question

Regards
THJ

Takes me ages to type and THJ beat me to it. pubsnewcastle.co.uk

• Thanks 1