British Speedway Forum

Not so many in that area as I am more west Hexham way but I did get lost after doing the quayside and walked along the Ouseburn to the Free Trade and managed to find the Brinkburn brewery.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, soupy said:

Not so many in that area as I am more west Hexham way but I did get lost after doing the quayside and walked along the Ouseburn to the Free Trade and managed to find the Brinkburn brewery.

I'm in Catton, nr Allendale - Allendale Brewery doing home deliveries

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ch958 said:

I'm in Catton, nr Allendale - Allendale Brewery doing home deliveries

My mate works for the brewery and gets bottles for 50p a pop,I like the wolf.

11 minutes ago, soupy said:

My mate works for the brewery and gets bottles for 50p a pop,I like the wolf.

So if he gets it for half a quid a bottle how much would it cost the non employees to buy because at 5.5% ABV I bet that ain't cheap

Regards
THJ

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So if he gets it for half a quid a bottle how much would it cost the non employees to buy because at 5.5% ABV I bet that ain't cheap

Regards
THJ

I have no idea as I only buy it in the pub normally.

Well how much do you pay for it in the pub? Is that not the answer?

Edited by Diamondboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Well how much do you pay for it in the pub? Is that not the answer?

It all depends on which pub you go into,Spoons can be £1.95 to £2.45 and anywhere else from £3.80 upwards.Also that is a pint and not a bottle and I never buy bottles in pubs.A bottle off the brewery £2.75 for 500 ml and a pint is 568  ml.

• Like 1

When lockdown kicked in my local starting selling pints at £2.50 to take home usually £3.00 in the pub but as much as I wanted it to taste the same it didn't. They stopped the take away service pretty quick

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
THJ

Ask a silly question ;)

3 hours ago, soupy said:

It all depends on which pub you go into,Spoons can be £1.95 to £2.45 and anywhere else from £3.80 upwards.Also that is a pint and not a bottle and I never buy bottles in pubs.A bottle off the brewery £2.75 for 500 ml and a pint is 568  ml.

So, the price can double,(easily),,, depending on which establishment you purchase it from :t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Ask a silly question ;)

So, the price can double,(easily),,, depending on which establishment you purchase it from :t:

No the employee gets it for 50 pence a bottle the punter pays 450% more at £2.75 a  bottle... Soupy prefers the draft ale from the pub...

The bottle price actually makes the draft price in Spoons look like a good deal... I will keep an eye out for it and give it a go... when given the chance that is...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Like 2

So its Friday again not that it feels like a Friday in these crazy times however here's a smile to start the weekend....

The Germans and British were reaching a stalemate in WWI.

So in World War 1 when the trench warfare was at its height, and neither the British nor the Germans could get the upper hand. They were reaching a stalemate.

One day, Geordie came up with a plan that would win them the war. This private explained his plan to his trench mates, and they figured, "Why not? It's not like we have any better ideas."

The next day, a British soldier called out, "Hans!?" A German popped up and shouted back, "Ja?!" Boom, the German was shot dead. The next day the British shouted again, "Hans?!" "Ja?!" Bang: Shot dead.

This process continued over the next couple of weeks. The Germans were losing large numbers, and were now finally catching on.

The Germans had an emergency meeting.

They thought they could come back from the heavy losses using the same tactics as the British. Thus, a German asked, "What is a popular British name?" "Tommy!" replied another. The next day, the Germans decided to execute their plan.

A German shouted, "Tommy!?" A Brit called back, "Is that you Hans?!" "Ja!" Boom

And that is how the British won WW1.

True story that!!! (Cough Cough)

Stay Well; Stay Safe and have a great weekend...

Regards
THJ

• Haha 3

If you're missing your speedway fix (and who isn't)Clean Cut Sports have great deals.

So its 51 years ago to the day that Apollo 10 was launched 

Apollo 10

Launched: 18 May 1969 UT 16:49:00 (12:49:00 p.m. EDT)
Lunar Orbit: 21 May 1969
Returned to Earth: 26 May 1969 UT 16:52:23 (12:52:23 p.m. EDT)

NASA was preparing for the Apollo project.

When NASA were preparing for the Apollo project, some of the training of the astronauts took place on a Navajo reservation.

One day, a Navajo elder and his son were herding sheep and came across the space crew. The old man, who spoke only Navajo, asked a question that his son translated. "What are these guys in the big suits doing?"

A member of the crew said they were practising for their trip to the moon. The old man got all excited and asked if he could send a message to the moon with the astronauts. Recognising a promotional opportunity, the NASA folks found a tape recorder.

After the old man recorded his message, they asked his son to translate it. He refused. The NASA PR people brought the tape to the reservation, where the rest of the tribe listened and laughed, but refused to translate the elder's message.

Finally, the NASA crew called in an official government translator. His translation of the old man's message was:

"Watch out for these guys; they have come to steal your land."

Nearly a true story that (well at least the first bit was true anyway and the second part could also have been true to be fair)

Stay safe; keep well and look after yourself

Regards
THJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see it has been posted on Facebook that Chris Schramm is struggling with mental health issues and has been hospitalised for his own safety.  I hope he is OK and get the help and support he needs and makes a recovery.

#mentalhealthawareness

• Like 2