British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

I see it has been posted on Facebook that Chris Schramm is struggling with mental health issues and has been hospitalised for his own safety.  I hope he is OK and get the help and support he needs and makes a recovery.

#mentalhealthawareness

Such a shame if correct, you don't get sectioned easily. :(

44 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

I see it has been posted on Facebook that Chris Schramm is struggling with mental health issues and has been hospitalised for his own safety.  I hope he is OK and get the help and support he needs and makes a recovery.

#mentalhealthawareness

It’s in the Speedway discussion topic too

Edited by topaz325

4 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

#mentalhealthawareness

Honestly

What a real shame Chris is a great lad; His dad  was a nice fella so was Tom his other "Spanner Man" and little Doreen who lives in the borders must be past herself as she supported Chis for years... 

Hope things sort themselves out sooner rather than later and he gets back on his feet...

Get well soon "Big Boy"...

Regards
John

Oh and on a lighter note a couple of laughs about Chris that I will never forget... His waxing escapade in the bar at Brough to raise money for the air fence (I think) when a flock of women led by Gillian set about him with waxing strips and a razor (I believe) and if you had seen him stripped to the waist it looked like he was wearing a mohair jumper tucked in at the waist and when he came back looking like a plucked pheasant; pink wasn't the word he was actually bleeding... and still with that beaming smile... and the time he decided to take a short cut across the centre green when avoiding a fallen rider and we asked in the bar what he was thinking about and he said he hadn't seen the fallen rider he was going for a gap but forgot he had to go round the 3rd and 4th bends... he said "I though I had cracked it and found a fast way around Brough" and again never stopped smiling... Great kid; some good laughs and always came in the bar for a chat and a pint (usually because (Pepsi) Tom was driving) it was a pleasure to be associated with the Guy... a genuinely nice bloke...

Get well soon pal from the BFG; Leah; George; Doug; Kyle and Emily... 

Regards
THJ

• Like 8

Met Doreen at Workington one night, what a fantastic sponsor.

All the best Chris, get well soon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Yes, she used to stand with my family when Chris was riding for us. Fabulous sponsor to have, who used to go down to live with Chris and his family, and then going on to do the southern  tour with him.

• Like 2

He was very popular at Newport too, remember him riding as a heatleader when he really should of been second string and he quite often used to pull big races out the bag.

get well soon mate 

• Like 4

On 5/22/2020 at 5:10 PM, Tsunami said:

Yes, she used to stand with my family when Chris was riding for us. Fabulous sponsor to have, who used to go down to live with Chris and his family, and then going on to do the southern  tour with him.

Doreen was a lovely person ,she used to help Steve McDermott a lot and was at Berwick often.She lived in London then I think.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Doreen was a lovely person ,she used to help Steve McDermott a lot and was at Berwick often.She lived in London then I think.

Yes she was good company to stand with. Couldn't believe how generous she was with Chris, who was obviously treat like a family member. Lovely lady.

• Like 1

Hope you’re well soon Chris, remember you well riding for the Comets. 

• Like 1

Honestly... Slow news day... So something for the weekend... a triple smile... 

A guy is late for an important meeting.

But he can't find a place to park. In desperation, he begins to pray. "Please Lord, if you help me find a parking space right now, I promise to go to church every Sunday and never drink vodka again!" A moment later, he sees a beautiful empty spot right next to the entrance. "Never mind. Found one!"

A woman has twins and gives them up for adoption.

One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named Amal. The other goes to a family in Spain. They name him Juan. 

Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother.

Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Amal.

He responds, "They're twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Amal."

It could've been worse.

James is walking through the town one day, and he happens to see his old high school friend, Harry, a little ways up ahead. "Harry, Harry, how are you?" he greets his old buddy after getting his attention.

"Not so good," says Harry.

"Why, what happened?" James queries.

"Well," Harry says, "I just went bankrupt and I've still got to feed my family. I don't know what I'm going to do."

"Could have been worse," James replies calmly. "Could have been worse."

A month or so later, James again encounters Harry, in a restaurant. "And how are things now?" he asks.

"Terrible!" says Harry. "Our house burned down last night."

"Could have been worse," "Could have been worse," says James, again with total aplomb, and goes about his business.

A month later, James runs into Harry a third time. "Well, how goes it?" he inquires.

"Oh!" says Harry. "Things just get worse and worse. It's one tragedy after another! Now my wife has left me!"

Harry nods his head and gives his usual optimistic-seeming little smile, accompanied by his usual words: "Could've been worse." "Could have been worse,"

This time, Harry grabs James by the shoulders. "Wait a minute!" he says. "I'm not gonna let you off so easy this time. Three times in the past few months we've run into one another, and every time I've told you the latest disaster in my life. Every time you say the same thing: 'Could have been worse.' This time, for God's sake, Harry, I want you to tell me: how in Heaven's name could it have been any worse?"

James looks at Harry with the same little wisp of a smile. "Could have been worse," he says. "Could have happened to me."

Boom Boom....

Stay Well; Stay Safe and have a great weekend...

Regards
THJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 9:37 AM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

This time, Harry grabs James by the shoulders. "Wait a minute!" he says. "I'm not gonna let you off so easy this time. Three times in the past few months we've run into one another, and every time I've told you the latest disaster in my life. Every time you say the same thing: 'Could have been worse.' This time, for God's sake, Harry, I want you to tell me: how in Heaven's name could it have been any worse?"

edited for accuracy ;)

The 2nd one made me chuckle, though.

Oops. edited wrong bit. line above name change!

I have read it again but was never good at English.

In print, you can read it differently.

Edited by IronScorpion
Read it wrong
  • Thanks 1

On 5/22/2020 at 5:04 PM, topaz325 said:

Doreen was living in the Berwick area have not seen her going about for a while. Always wearing her Chris Schramm jacket 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Normski said:

Doreen was living in the Berwick area have not seen her going about for a while. Always wearing her Chris Schramm jacket 

Honestly

She's a lovely lass... heart of gold...we last had a chat a couple of years back at Pepsi George's funeral when he passed away and she came to pay her respects... tried me best to get her back to the pub for a drink but she doesn't partake in any alcohol and I even offered something alcohol free but she headed off straight after the service...

Regards 

THJ 

15 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

She's a lovely lass... heart of gold...we last had a chat a couple of years back at Pepsi George's funeral when he passed away and she came to pay her respects... tried me best to get her back to the pub for a drink but she doesn't partake in any alcohol and I even offered something alcohol free but she headed off straight after the service...

Regards 

THJ 

I want to know why George was called Pepsi,never new his nickname was that. I used to always chat to him as was nearly always in the Front of home meetings waiting for turnstiles to open.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, soupy said:

I want to know why George was called Pepsi,never new his nickname was that. I used to always chat to him as was nearly always in the Front of home meetings waiting for turnstiles to open.

Always been known as Pepsi. My sister and I went to the same school, and he was in her class. He came from the Daisy Hill estate, but later lived on Shields Road opposite the Wolsie  Pub. 

• Like 2