British Speedway Forum

Newcastle statement says spoken to stadium owners and they are not interested in running dogs on a Sunday. 

On 7/2/2020 at 11:13 PM, andys said:

Is this Sunday dogs racing definitely happening or is it just my mate heard it off a mate who works at the stadium sort of thing... 

That seems more likely.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

That seems more likely.

First off its kept the Speedway banter going and secondly if it does happen you can say well the fat lad was right... and if it doesn't well it's filled a couple of pages where we have been in the limelight 

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

First off its kept the Speedway banter going and secondly if it does happen you can say well the fat lad was right... and if it doesn't well it's filled a couple of pages where we have been in the limelight 

Regards 

THJ 

That's exactly what I thought ;)

• Thanks 1

https://newcastle-speedway.co.uk/latest-word-from-the-2020-diamonds/

Well there you go the dogs don't want to run on a Sunday...

So safe for the moment...

But old cynical here... let's wait and see...

Regards 

THJ 

Oops didn't see Steve Park's post above...  but it shows I am not the only one who had heard the rumour... in fact folk wouldn't believe who I heard ithe rumour off but never mind... that's spewed that little thread... let's see what the next topic is we can discuss....

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ 

Love the Crack biggin

• Thanks 1

Good afternoon to all.

The promotion at Newcastle would like to make a statement through the Supporters group in regard to the current rumours and to hopefully help people stop worrying about our situation at Brough.

Due to the covid 19 pandemic and for the benefit of greyhound racing at Newcastle there had been talk of staging greyhound racing on a Sunday and live streaming into bookies. This had been talked about for a bit and would of been more then just for a short term period, moving us onto the only other day available at the stadium, a Monday.

Thankfully the greyhounds have opted out of Sunday racing and have decided on taking their extra meeting mid week now. This was advised to us yesterday, Saturday.

One issue we do have at the moment is with exception of a handful of track staff and a racing manager, all office and grandstand staff are furloughed till later in the year and the main grandstand areas are all locked down, which for speedway are very much needed to operate.

We have put a proposal to the stadium in regard to the grandstand and are waiting for a reply. 

We will update you all as soon as we can. 

Many thanks. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2020 at 11:13 PM, andys said:

Is this Sunday dogs racing definitely happening or is it just my mate heard it off a mate who works at the stadium sort of thing... 

Well it's not happening now apparently but the craic I got off a mate of a mate of a mate who works down the chip shop seems to have been correct... and honestly if I told you where the info actually had come from you would be astounded... in fact you wouldn't believe me...

Never mind there will be a bit more speedway craic to discuss tomorrow as I am expecting a VIP for a cuppa tomorrow afternoon...  

Hopefully not as contentious or as hysteria forming as the last subject.. after all an NSSC statement on behalf of the promotion and a post on the club web site from the Promotion... you would think they didn't want anyone to discuss this subject and they were trying to put the issue to bed... conspiracy theory anyone...

Regards 

THJ 

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well it's not happening now apparently but the craic I got off a mate of a mate of a mate who works down the chip shop seems to have been correct... and honestly if I told you where the info actually had come from you would be astounded... in fact you wouldn't believe me...

Never mind there will be a bit more speedway craic to discuss tomorrow as I am expecting a VIP for a cuppa tomorrow afternoon...  

Hopefully not as contentious or as hysteria forming as the last subject.. after all an NSSC statement on behalf of the promotion and a post on the club web site from the Promotion... you would think they didn't want anyone to discuss this subject and they were trying to put the issue to bed... conspiracy theory anyone...

Regards 

THJ 

Wondering if 1 or 2 of the greyhounds are on furlough & I could maybe get a tip or 2 fir a couple of winners

33 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ 

If you told me the info came from Jeremy Beadle,  I would believe you John ;)

On the point of the statement from NSSC, does it not show that the promotion maybe look at the forum?,,, something that may have been fround upon in the past?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ 

Is the guy in the chip shop swears he’s ELVIS.;)

Edited by Fromafar
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Wondering if 1 or 2 of the greyhounds are on furlough & I could maybe get a tip or 2 fir a couple of winners

If it's over 500metres, back the favourite ;)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

If you told me the info came from Jeremy Beadle,  I would believe you John ;)

On the point of the statement from NSSC, does it not show that the promotion maybe look at the forum?,,, something that may have been fround upon in the past?

Yep think you are spot on and again right as it was definitely frowned upon in the past...

20 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

No back the one that has a dump... a kilo lighter definitely gives the hound an edge...

24 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Is the guy in the chip shop swears he’s ELVIS.;)

No again but he did tell me that Elvis had left the building ... 

Regards 

THJ 

Missed out word
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Defo keep that in mind but i was thinking maybe 50 acres

Edited by pienpeesman
Error
  • Haha 2