British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Is the guy in the chip shop swears he’s ELVIS.;)

But he’s a liar and I’m not sure about you B)

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

If it's over 500metres, back the favourite ;)

Never back the favourite, it is the quickest way to the dog house.:D

42 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well had a visit today for a cuppa of our very own Chris Schramm....

He was looking well... still got that beaming smile and we had a good chat and a better laugh... 

He's doing well... keeping fit and busy.... and two hours went over in what seemed like 10 minutes... really pleased to see him and it brightened a crappy Monday...

Regards 

THJ 

He’s a good lad ,glad to hear he is doing well.

• Like 7

On 7/6/2020 at 9:21 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well had a visit today for a cuppa of our very own Chris Schramm....

He was looking well... still got that beaming smile and we had a good chat and a better laugh... 

He's doing well... keeping fit and busy.... and two hours went over in what seemed like 10 minutes... really pleased to see him and it brightened a crappy Monday...

Regards 

THJ 

Let's hope his demons have gone now

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Let's hope his demons have gone now

Honestly

He never had any demons Mal... if he's got them; then we have them in spades... when he told me the craic I was in tears laughing... bottom line was he was on "strong painkillers" and during lock-down he thought it would be a good idea to try a bit of the Scottish tipple; you know just to break the boredom... and unfortunately forgetting about the pills he was on! well the Rye and tablet mixture got him very (very) (very) drunk; and in this "Crissed as a Picket" state or "nissed as a pewt" (take your pick on terms) (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Crissed as a picket) it was in this "Kaylied" state that he had the good idea to go for a jog (as you do); and because it was a warm night he thought he would take his kit off and put on his running gear; now this is where it got interesting; because although he thought he had put on his jogging kit he was in fact bollock naked; Now.... although most the neighbours saw the funny side of this (well all except one who chased him and threatened to cut his toggle off with a wooden sword) with one of the seven dwarfs running round as nature intended (Hairy Dwarf!!!! he didn't make the final cut for the film) the local constabulary were not impressed in the slightest so after a five mile run (told you he was looking fit) around the local manor they finally caught up with him and gave him bed and breakfast.

Normally that's where the story would end but in disbelief our little hirsute friend said he didn't believe what had happened as he had no recollection of what he had done; so he thought it would be a good idea to repeat the experiment and lo and behold the same thing happened again... and off went hairy dwarf full of pills and whisky for a long jog round the Broomfield area and the local paper said when he went missing he was wearing grey/blue shorts and a black cycling top. Well that may have been what he went out in but in no time at all he was in back his birthday suit as nature intended and he was off running again; Only thing was he went further this time and it was some "considerable" time before the local plods caught up with him; again they were not impressed and gave him B&B status at the local police station.

Once again "Wor Chris" who was now wondering why the local law enforcement agency were picking on him for going jogging... just couldn't understand for the life of him what the hell was going on and why he was getting lost on his jogging exploits and ending up in the local police station wearing clothes from the lost property box... and when it was explained to him what he was doing... well... he just wouldn't have it; no; not me he said; you are just making it up; I am out jogging and getting lost and coming in here for directions and you are locking me up for breaking lock-down... I will look into this... said our hero... So they gave him a ride home in one of their taxis with a blue light on the top and said enough is enough...

Again any normal drunk would have believed what they were being told; but did our hero... not on your life... tenacious laal bollock if nothing else... where's that Scotch... I can drink me.... its never done this to me before said Plonky McPlonk Face definitely not appreciating that the pills were interacting wildly with the drink... So "Our Man Flint" the "Man of Steel" has a third go at this bottle of Scotch (now to be fair Mal I have drank with Chris in the past and his JD used to be 9/10ths Diet Coke; that's how lightweight he is; and as a southern softy it was usually a lager top with again a large pull on the lemonade) but fair play he was giving it a go for the third night running and KaPow... the concoction kicks in and "Gypsy Rose Lee Schramm" starts his usual escapade... strips down to his birthday suit and away... Yehaw... he is off running again; now this is where the plot thickens... the local plods turn up in numbers knowing where to find our man and shout at him; he turns and sees what is going on; he immediately stops running and calmly walks up to the policemen holding out his wrists for the fitting of the manacles... our friendly PC's say "what's up lad did you not fancy the chase tonight" and he said "Yes no problem I could out run you "Fat B's" no problem but when I seen those two Alsatians I thought better of it"... (coming to his senses I would say) So this is the third night running that our hero as "cocked a snoot" at the long arm of the law but as ever they got the last laugh... because they dragged a Doctor in and told the Doc what had happened the previous two nights and the Doctor sectioned him... (Oops) so he had to sit and explain to all and sundry for the next four days/three nights what had gone on... and of course the concoction he had in his system was well and truly washed through...

Once they got to the bottom of what had actually went on they changed his Med's... and now would you believe it... Chris is tea total (Haha)...

So Demon's nah.... Thick... Well... you make your mind up... but he's not the first to get ratted and do something stupid now is he; (how many times have you pooped your pants being seven shades to the wind? Honest now) and running round in the buff certainly doesn't make him a bad person in my book... In fact ask me old pal Cookie... But me Granny had a saying "Thick as mince in a bottle" and in this instance I think the cap definitely fits...

But to be totally honest when he was telling me the story and doing all the actions in here the other day I'm sure a bit pee come out I was laughing so much.

The rest of the office thought we were having a party and they were laughing at me laughing not knowing what the hell was going on...

Funny funny funny... and what it is all about for me... good craic and being able to have a good laugh... (and for most folk having a few beers... But not for Chris because he is a very Naughty Boy who nearly had his Nachos ripped off by two Alsatians and is now tea total)... Happy days...

I suppose the moral of the story is "No matter how bored you get try not to mix pills and Whisky" its like a dwarf with learning difficulties "its not big and its not clever" 

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
missed out key word
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

He never had any demons Mal... if he's got them; then we have them in spades... when he told me the craic I was in tears laughing... bottom line was he was on "strong painkillers" and during lock-down he thought it would be a good idea to try a bit of the Scottish tipple; you know just to break the boredom... and unfortunately forgetting about the pills he was on! well the Rye and tablet mixture got him very (very) (very) drunk; and in this "Crissed as a Picket" state or "nissed as a pewt" (take your pick on terms) (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Crissed as a picket) it was in this "Kaylied" state that he had the good idea to go for a jog (as you do); and because it was a warm night he thought he would take his kit off and put on his running gear; now this is where it got interesting; because although he thought he had put on his jogging kit he was in fact bollock naked; Now.... although most the neighbours saw the funny side of this (well all except one who chased him and threatened to cut his toggle off with a wooden sword) with one of the seven dwarfs running round as nature intended (Hairy Dwarf!!!! he didn't make the final cut for the film) the local constabulary were not impressed in the slightest so after a five mile run (told you he was looking fit) around the local manor they finally caught up with him and gave him bed and breakfast.

Normally that's where the story would end but in disbelief our little hirsute friend said he didn't believe what had happened as he had no recollection of what he had done; so he thought it would be a good idea to repeat the experiment and lo and behold the same thing happened again... and off went hairy dwarf full of pills and whisky for a long jog round the Broomfield area and the local paper said when he went missing he was wearing grey/blue shorts and a black cycling top. Well that may have been what he went out in but in no time at all he was in back his birthday suit as nature intended and he was off running again; Only thing was he went further this time and it was some "considerable" time before the local plods caught up with him; again they were not impressed and gave him B&B status at the local police station.

Once again "Wor Chris" who was now wondering why the local law enforcement agency were picking on him for going jogging... just couldn't understand for the life of him what the hell was going on and why he was getting lost on his jogging exploits and ending up in the local police station wearing clothes from the lost property box... and when it was explained to him what he was doing... well... he just wouldn't have it; no; not me he said; you are just making it up; I am out jogging and getting lost and coming in here for directions and you are locking me up for breaking lock-down... I will look into this... said our hero... So they gave him a ride home in one of their taxis with a blue light on the top and said enough is enough...

Again any normal drunk would have believed what they were being told; but did our hero... not on your life... tenacious laal bollock if nothing else... where's that Scotch... I can drink me.... its never done this to me before said Plonky McPlonk Face definitely not appreciating that the pills were interacting wildly with the drink... So "Our Man Flint" the "Man of Steel" has a third go at this bottle of Scotch (now to be fair Mal I have drank with Chris in the past and his JD used to be 9/10ths Diet Coke; that's how lightweight he is; and as a southern softy it was usually a lager top with again a large pull on the lemonade) but fair play he was giving it a go for the third night running and KaPow... the concoction kicks in and "Gypsy Rose Lee Schramm" starts his usual escapade... strips down to his birthday suit and away... Yehaw... he is off running again; now this is where the plot thickens... the local plods turn up in numbers knowing where to find our man and shout at him; he turns and sees what is going on; he immediately stops running and calmly walks up to the policemen holding out his wrists for the fitting of the manacles... our friendly PC's say "what's up lad did you not fancy the chase tonight" and he said "Yes no problem I could out run you "Fat B's" no problem but when I seen those two Alsatians I thought better of it"... (coming to his senses I would say) So this is the third night running that our hero as "cocked a snoot" at the long arm of the law but as ever they got the last laugh... because they dragged a Doctor in and told the Doc what had happened the previous two nights and the Doctor sectioned him... (Oops) so he had to sit and explain to all and sundry for the next four days/three nights what had gone on... and of course the concoction he had in his system was well and truly washed through...

Once they got to the bottom of what had actually went on they changed his Med's... and now would you believe it... Chris is tea total (Haha)...

So Demon's nah.... Thick... Well... you make your mind up... but he's not the first to get ratted and do something stupid now is he; (how many times have you pooped your pants being seven shades to the wind? Honest now) and running round in the buff certainly doesn't make him a bad person in my book... In fact ask me old pal Cookie... But me Granny had a saying "Thick as mince in a bottle" and in this instance I think the cap definitely fits...

But to be totally honest when he was telling me the story and doing all the actions in here the other day I'm sure a bit pee come out I was laughing so much.

The rest of the office thought we were having a party and they were laughing at me laughing not knowing what the hell was going on...

Funny funny funny... and what it is all about for me... good craic and being able to have a good laugh... (and for most folk having a few beers... But not for Chris because he is a very Naughty Boy who nearly had his Nachos ripped off by two Alsatians and is now tea total)... Happy days...

I suppose the moral of the story is "No matter how bored you get try not to mix pills and Whisky" its like a dwarf with learning difficulties "its not big and its not clever" 

Regards
THJ

Think there's a short film to be made somewhere there  :).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

Think there's a short film to be made somewhere there  :).

Honestly

You're not wrong...

Classic comedy with Lee Evans playing you know who...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

I once drank a small bottle of whisky over a girl years ago , i remember sitting on the toilet and standing over the sink for hours, never again still her loss :cheers: all the best to chris an ex comet to remember.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

I once drank a small bottle of whisky over a girl years ago , i remember sitting on the toilet and standing over the sink for hours, never again still her loss :cheers: all the best to chris an ex comet to remember.

Did you spill any on her whilst drinking said whisky over her:D.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Did anyone catch Rob's bbc Newcastle radio interview tonight on total sport

From 1hr 50 mins (ish)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08hrls9

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well well well 

Fame at last... looks like I have had a good posting (or is it pasting) being mentioned no less by name on the Newcastle track staff facebook forum page.... Stating that I knew all about the speedway allegedly losing Sunday racing.... Well the truth can always come out if anyone wants a PM... I did offer... but it would be best if the main protagonists (plural) remain anonymous... and there is no value in me going public...

Now I was as pleased as anyone with the club announcement but ya talk about cracking a walnut with a sledgehammer.... well I say that but it was more like a Road Runner cartoon sketch with a one ton weight dropping from a great height onto a peanut... wow...

The whole idea of getting the situation out there was to generate debate after all this is first and foremost a debating forum FFS... isn't it? I will stand corrected if I am wrong... 

So to see how strong people felt with regards to moving away from our historical and spiritual home and what other options were available the information was opened up to the masses on the forum ... the same masses who.usually scream "We want knowledge" "We need to know what is going on" then when the information is made public  the whole world caves in...

1. If it had of happened the cry would have been why weren't we told anything... whaaaa...

2. No publicity is bad publicity... keep the club name out there at every opportunity... keep the debate moving... don't try the big brother routine to stifle the debate... just because the place is being talked about that doesn't have to mean it's a bad thing...

3. There was a comment about not getting volunteers to do various jobs... has anyone asked? By that I mean a formal approach (to anyone) not a general WIM on here... WIM "woe is me" I/we can't get anyone to do anything... here's a suggestion... get out of the cliques as that is what ultimately destroyed the previous promotions over the last 10 years... Baby-arsed grudge bearing chip on the shoulder in fighting suck holing attitudes don't wash with me I'm afraid...

4. I'm happy to help, anything from electrical assistance as an electrical engineer, first aider, turnstile attendant to selling programmes or raffle tickets, running a beer tent, or food stall, or track shop, Starting Marshall (only if ya off Phil) to shovelling shale or washing/brushing the air fence between races, pushing bikes off to waving a red flag on the centre green if we are ever short of one of them. I'm not proud.

5. Furthermore I am happy for the club to use my company suppliers for materials if that saves them money and I am happy to put money into the club in the form of sponsorship.... Ask FFS you can only be told no... to proud to ask or frightened of rejection?

By the way my cash went in way back in February before Lock Down and I ain't been on here bitchin for it back unlike some others moaning about clarty season ticket money... however that may be reviewed... because the more the fat lad gets poked the more annoyed he gets...

I want the place to thrive and I am happy to put my money where my mouth is and I am happy to support the promotion in anyway shape or form that I can and it won't be by bitching and back biting at what they are trying to achieve that's for sure...

However what I will add... all you will get is the truth (unless I am taking the Mickey but you will know when that happens) at no time will I pee up your leg and try and tell you it's raining... 

So if any Facebook fannies or warriors want to assume what I am thinking or trying to second guess what I know or what I have been told... why not get in touch first and I will give it to you first hand.... after all you all know who I am...

Regards 

John... 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

From 1hr 50 mins (ish)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08hrls9

Oh well there ya go that was worth listening to eh... looks like my mates mate who works down the chippy was spot on with that rumour then eh...

It's good to talk like eh...  so to all those debators' out there keep on mass debating...

You know it makes sense...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Like 2

So it's supposed to be D DAY Tuesday coming !! With Glasgow not running & possibly kings Lynn & Peterborough & probably 1 or 2 others... Wonder what kind of league structure will be drawn up...

• Sad 1