British Speedway Forum

Just found out also the euro market  & buildbase sites next to the fosse pub are to relocated as us the VW site at the entrance to the stadium... Doesn't look good does it... Hopefully not for another year !! But from what has been said MONEY talks & backhanders walk 

Greyhound racing mirrors Speedway in its decline since the 70's and many tracks can make more profit from empty stadia with racing streamed around the globe in the afternoon, than they do when they have punters in during evening events..

Eventually, especially since C19,  there will be only certain ones that last the course and they will keep the sport going..

And given the dreadfully poor press it gets for its treatment of the dogs, and the demographic of its patrons, I can't see it every "growing" again in this country. .

And with such a poor long term outlook I would think many stadium owners would see a sale to property developers as an excellent opportunity...

Which means that renting a greyhound stadium out 20 times a year isn't going to be any long term plan I would think if you want to run a successful business yourself...

Maybe though it's an opportunity for those who do rent the stadia to look elsewhere locally and build a brighter future for Speedway? 

No rent, and keep the car park and refreshments take etc..

May well start up a bit rustic (eg as did Somerset), but at least promoters will be in charge of their own destiny..

If you are relying on the Greyhound Stadium owners then your destiny definitely isn't in your own hands I would think...

• Like 4

well you wouldn't want to argue with the people who own Euromarkets i can tell you that

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 4:23 PM, ch958 said:

well you wouldn't want to argue with the people who own Euromarkets i can tell you that

I'm sure they would take a backhander TAX free of course

On 8/8/2020 at 4:20 PM, mikebv said:

Greyhound racing mirrors Speedway in its decline since the 70's and many tracks can make more profit from empty stadia with racing streamed around the globe in the afternoon, than they do when they have punters in during evening events..

Eventually, especially since C19,  there will be only certain ones that last the course and they will keep the sport going..

And given the dreadfully poor press it gets for its treatment of the dogs, and the demographic of its patrons, I can't see it every "growing" again in this country. .

And with such a poor long term outlook I would think many stadium owners would see a sale to property developers as an excellent opportunity...

Which means that renting a greyhound stadium out 20 times a year isn't going to be any long term plan I would think if you want to run a successful business yourself...

Maybe though it's an opportunity for those who do rent the stadia to look elsewhere locally and build a brighter future for Speedway? 

No rent, and keep the car park and refreshments take etc..

May well start up a bit rustic (eg as did Somerset), but at least promoters will be in charge of their own destiny..

If you are relying on the Greyhound Stadium owners then your destiny definitely isn't in your own hands I would think...

It's been a marriage made in heaven since 1928, but speedway's relationship with greyhound racing couldn't be more precarious.

good to read  , but not good to see . why put all those crazy lines on the item that they want fans to read ?  remember most fans nowadays are of the older generation and need good headlamps to read some stuff on computers  now . but still good to read they are keeping everyone up to speed ..

Newcastle had one of the better websites in the sport for quite a while. I guess costs may have played a part but it wasn’t broken so it’s a shame they tried to fix it. 

6 hours ago, Ben91 said:

Newcastle had one of the better websites in the sport for quite a while. I guess costs may have played a part but it wasn’t broken so it’s a shame they tried to fix it. 

Honestly

I was told that the old one was broken as it happens and the costs to repair it were prohibitive to say the least and as such it was cheaper to start from scratch; so not a fix or overhaul but a new one... and I fully agree with your comment... however cost may well have (probably) come into the equation when looking at the replacement...

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

I was told that the old one was broken as it happens and the costs to repair it were prohibitive to say the least and as such it was cheaper to start from scratch; so not a fix or overhaul but a new one... and I fully agree with your comment... however cost may well have (probably) come into the equation when looking at the replacement...

Regards
THJ

Maybe the new website is more 'young person friendly',,, never know we might get an 'app' in the future, if we have one ;)

The Diamonds had already stated that access to the stadium could be an issue with staff furloughed, and with open practice and possible individual meetings now ruled out their intention is to put maximum energy into next year.

Staff furloughed ?, the self same staff that run Greyhound meetings.. jeez just say you wont run until 2021.

8 hours ago, jenga said:

good to read  , but not good to see . why put all those crazy lines on the item that they want fans to read ?  remember most fans nowadays are of the older generation and need good headlamps to read some stuff on computers  now . but still good to read they are keeping everyone up to speed ..

It states that the promotion greatly appreciate the sponsors & season ticket holders has just rolled there money ( sponsors ) & tickets ( fans ) over for next season & I have had a couple of people asking about the situation on refundable ticket money as they have emailed the club but heard nothing back ??? As we all know that covid has had a massive bearing on peoples lives and income... Can anybody shed some light on here maybe what's going on so I can inform the people who have asked me

16 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

It states that the promotion greatly appreciate the sponsors & season ticket holders has just rolled there money ( sponsors ) & tickets ( fans ) over for next season & I have had a couple of people asking about the situation on refundable ticket money as they have emailed the club but heard nothing back ??? As we all know that covid has had a massive bearing on peoples lives and income... Can anybody shed some light on here maybe what's going on so I can inform the people who have asked me

Dunno, but maybe the e-mail address has changed with it being a new site?

Seen something similar on another thread. 

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Dunno, but maybe the e-mail address has changed with it being a new site?

Seen something similar on another thread. 

The email address to request any information regarding refunds on season tickets or any other information regarding tickets etc is

Info@newcastle-speedway.co.uk

This email address has been given out numerous times on press releases by the club and nobody should have any issues in contacting any of the promotion/management as we are all readily available to speak to. 

It would be appreciated if third parties would not try to relay false information or information that hasn't been confirmed officially by the club as this just causes unnecessary histeria and headaches that are not needed at this difficult time. 

• Like 4

Congratulations to the three Newcastle riders in the British Youth Championship round at Scunthorpe yesterday. In the main event Archie did the club proud by coming in 3rd, with Jordan Palin in pole position, Dan Thompson in second  and Joe Thompson in 4th. Both Owen  Booth and Ben Trigger put a good show up in their respective categories.

Good day for Newcastle.

Next round announced as 22nd August at Leicester at 6.00pm, but as yet not allowing spectators. The round yesterday drew 500 well behaved fans observing social distancing, having all made previous bookings as no pay on the day due to Track and Trace regs. 

• Like 3